Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    "Stop making money on this thing I don't understand/haven't invested in!!!"

I understand this thing far better than most.

The Pintman called the top of the market 2 weeks ago. Had people listened to me they would have saved themselves a lot. Instead they hodled. Mark my words were at early 2018 again. The slight up at the moment is a dead cat bounce. Look at the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

The Pintman called the top of the market 2 weeks ago. Had people listened to me they would have saved themselves a lot. Instead they hodled. Mark my words were at early 2018 again. The slight up at the moment is a dead cat bounce. Look at the charts.

Yes I agree it will rise to late 40s maybe and then drop to 20k or less over the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Have to agree, the last leg up from 30 k and subsequent fall was essentially a pump n dump by Musk which shows that the market is being manipulated by big , smart money and the minnows have no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bankboucy

Have to agree, the last leg up from 30 k and subsequent fall was essentially a pump n dump by Musk which shows that the market is being manipulated by big , smart money and the minnows have no hope.

Yup

https://twitter.com/twocommapauper/status/1397106939193085952?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jackben75

disagree, in the space 7 years now, this bull run isn't over, maybe when we get to October, start to reassess. Personally i am expecting a big pump within the next month, i did think it would already have happened, 41 - 43 k appears to be the resistance level at the moment, once that is broken 50k will be on the horizon and should happen quite soon after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I am a minnow, and I have plenty of hope, and that is because I ignore musk and the obvious whale action. It's the day traders who have no hope. Sell and buy on your own terms and stop being fear-driven and you have as much chance of gaining as the cetaceans and the elctric liar.

Given your self proclaimed expertise, what is the current profit margin on your crypto investments?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The top of the market was 5 weeks ago.
    You called it two weeks ago. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Mellor wrote: »
    The top of the market was 5 weeks ago.
    You called it two weeks ago. Amazing

A true visionary

I would listen to Paddy Losty. He must be a millionaire by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I would listen to Paddy Losty. He must be a millionaire by now.

When he starts saying it's all going to zero that's one of my buy signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jackben75

cnocbui wrote: »
    I am a minnow, and I have plenty of hope, and that is because I ignore musk and the obvious whale action. It's the day traders who have no hope. Sell and buy on your own terms and stop being fear-driven and you have as much chance of gaining as the cetaceans and the elctric liar.

good wise post for a minnow :pac:

Basically, when investing in projects, have a plan, try and set stages for profit, the first being to cash out your initial investment or reinvest it.
    Don't invest anything you cannot afford to lose.
    Keep up to date on the projects you invest in.
    Stick to the plan! Don't let emotions impact you (very difficult at times).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

That's it, I'm out!:mad: There is clearly no stable long term future for this "currency", and I find the constant yoyoing stressful and frustrating.

One minute I'm browsing Lamborghinis, the next used Nissan Micras. Enough!

These "coins" aren't worth the paper they aren't written on, so ****coin can now slither down the virtual toilet where it belongs.

I made a profit, albeit a small one.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's it, I'm out!:mad: There is clearly no stable long term future for this "currency", and I find the constant yoyoing stressful and frustrating.

These "coins" aren't worth the paper they aren't written on, so ****coin can now slither down the virtual toilet where it belongs.

I'm thinking the same. Bought into BTC at 25k. It's 35k now so can still escape with a profit! But I keep thinking about the lovely 60k it was at a while ago! :D

Hodl, if you were in it for the quick buck you left it late to exit, now you are better to hold for the longer term

This game is far less stressful if you play the long game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

It's been a few weeks since the drop, were you just expecting a big return quick? I'm holding this for years not weeks. Imagine the feeling looking back in a few years when it's possibly over 100k. I don't have to imagine because I pulled out at 6k last year and I was gutted seeing it hit 50k.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Hodl, if you were in it for the quick buck you left it late to exit, now you are better to hold for the longer term

Really sad how impatient some people are with all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

My tactic is aim for a certain number of coins rather than any usd value, once you get in that mindset there is very little stress involved as dips become a bonus where you can realise your goal that little bit quicker.

Also, I saw a graphic the other day that seemed to show that anyone who bought and held Bitcoin over 4 years at any point in Bitcoins history has made money.

• Advertisement

Probes wrote: »
    My tactic is aim for a certain number of coins rather than any usd value, once you get in that mindset there is very little stress involved as dips become a bonus where you can realise your goal that little bit quicker.

This is a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Also, I saw a graphic the other day that seemed to show that anyone who bought and held Bitcoin over 4 years at any point in Bitcoins history has made money.

Wont always be true...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Imagine the feeling looking back in a few years when it's possibly over 100k.

That's a bad attitude for anything to do with your money to be honest. Put your money into it because you think it might hit 100k by all means. Don't put it in only because you fear missing out if it happens.

The correct decision for you today, does not become incorrect because if what subsequently transpires. Conversely, a bad decision today that actually comes through for you by luck does not make it a good decision.

You pulling out at 6k might have been the perfectly correct decision for you based on your circumstances and information you had then. It subsequently going to 50k does not necessarily make that retrospectively wrong.

I'm not even talking about utility. Just general

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Really sad how impatient some people are with all of this

If I were to plonk 500€ into Bitcoin at today's price, and even if hit 1 million per coin, I would only net 15,000.

That is of course a lot of dosh, but I wouldn't be driving around in a Lambo either.

Unless one is willing to risk 5-10 k, I just really see the point.:(

Taking the long view - HODLing - is hard, it takes discipline.

The whales manipulate. If you look at the distribution of coins and wallets less than 0.34% of wallets contain more than 10 bitcoin.

For whales to make a lot of money, the price has to rise again. If it goes to zero they lose - a lot.

It is in the whales interests for the BTC price to rise again and so it will. They have the funds to make it happen.

People need to stop looking at the daily price and chewing their fingernails in worry. If the price crashes - wait. And for goodness sake don't sell, that's why the whales crashed the price in the first place, so they can get to eat your lunch.

Don't be a krill.

That's a bad attitude for anything to do with your money to be honest. Put your money into it because you think it might hit 100k by all means. Don't put it in only because you fear missing out if it happens.

The correct decision for you today, does not become incorrect because if what subsequently transpires. Conversely, a bad decision today that actually comes through for you by luck does not make it a good decision.

You pulling out at 6k might have been the perfectly correct decision for you based on your circumstances and information you had then. It subsequently going to 50k does not necessarily make that retrospectively wrong.

I'm not even talking about utility. Just general

I've had awful trouble trying to tell friends that results-oriented-thinking is flawed

Perhaps when all 22 million bitcoins are mined, the price will become more stable and thus more useful as a currency?

At the moment it really is pointless apart from as a speculative tool.

Perhaps when all 22 million bitcoins are mined, the price will become more stable and thus more useful as a currency?

At the moment it really is pointless apart from as a speculative tool.

Perhaps, I’ve always wondered about the longevity because so many Bitcoin will be lost in the coming decades, how can they ever be reclaimed? At what point does it become so scarce that it’s worth nothing? Is there an estimate of how many are lost per year? Surely as people die more and more will be lost because their wallets will be lost forever.

Edit:
    After googling it appears Bitcoin has the potential to be divisible by more than just satoshis.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I've had awful trouble trying to tell friends that results-oriented-thinking is flawed

A lot of addicted gamblers have similar logic

• Advertisement

Perhaps, I’ve always wondered about the longevity because so many Bitcoin will be lost in the coming decades, how can they ever be reclaimed? At what point does it become so scarce that it’s worth nothing? Is there an estimate of how many are lost per year? Surely as people die more and more will be lost because their wallets will be lost forever.

Edit:
    After googling it appears Bitcoin has the potential to be divisible by more than just satoshis.

People who are smart will pass on their passwords in their wills, their coins won't be lost when they die.

Advertisement