Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Slideways wrote: »
    is this the end of the road for it after law enforcement appear to have cracked it

Seizing a server is not cracking anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    I see Saylor is still embarrassing himself with his bitcoin nonsense. " remortgage your house to buy bitcoin" these people need to be locked up and mentally evaluated.

He is definitely not well in the head, needs a few other hobbies

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't know much details but only way they could seize the Bitcoin is they sent it to an exchange and forced the exchange to lock the wallet etc

That is what happened as far as I know, pretty easy for them to get crypto off an exchange wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    That is what happened as far as I know, pretty easy for them to get crypto off an exchange wallet
    They claimed they got hold of the private key to the wallet. So Bitcoin hasn’t been “cracked”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Everyone told me crypto would go to the moon and that I would be a millionaire by now. They told me dirty fibs.

The moon is on the other side of the earth and crypto is following it.

Everyone told me crypto would go to the moon and that I would be a millionaire by now. They told me dirty fibs.

The moon is on the other side of the earth and crypto is following it.

You must be new to this! Hodl

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Slideways wrote: »
    Things not looking good for Bitcoin after a large portion of the ransom for the pipeline ransomware attack was traced.

Big slides, is this the end of the road for it after law enforcement appear to have cracked it. No longer much use to it paedos, traffickers and hackers if that’s the case

I'm of the oppostie opinion. Making it harder and less desirable for ransoms to be demanded via Bitcoin is only a good thing in the medium to long term I think.

There are many on the sidelines who have an overinflated idea of how much BTC is tied to illegal activities vs say in comparison to FIAT, so anything to help improve that image for those people can only be a good thing and maybe sway some early/late majority into it.

At least my GME is making up some bit for the boring sideway crypto market

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

The problems stems from fiat at the moment. Too much printing of fiat (Euro, USD etc) has resulted in inflated prices of assets. This is naturally going to reduce the price of assets over the coming months and has already done so. Central banks have no tools left and if the USD loses its reserve status then cryptos are going to be in much bigger trouble.

I was hopeful by now we would have had some real use cases as a fiat replacement or at least a map of how DeFi integrates into the financial system but, at least to me, it feels as if we are still 5-10 years away from those real discussions.

Also, in the long run it's very difficult to see BitCoin and Ethereum maintaining this kind of growth when both are hugely flawed coins. Proof of stake will also fail miserably as a way of achieving consensus as votes can be used for both sides of a fork! The same arguments that are made about $hitCoins can easily be applied to the big two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I moved all my liquid crypto into Tether around mid day. Hoping to pick up some bargains during the week if this dip continues.

It's the first time I've ever tethered up, I usually just hold through the dips, but these big dips, with no real bounce back, are getting more regular now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Not the first time the NSA was able to crack SHA-256. Remember they were able to unlock that iphone when Apple refused.
    Then again it was the NSA that invented SHA-256, so they would be in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Not the first time the NSA was able to crack SHA-256. Remember they were able to unlock that iphone when Apple refused.

Am out of the loop, what happened?

They unlocked the iPhone using a vulnerability that has since been patched and they paid for it
    "FBI paid under $1 million to unlock San Bernardino iPhone: sources | Article [AMP] | Reuters" https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN0XQ032

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Am out of the loop, what happened?

FBI secured a bitcoin wallet that ransom was sent to recovering the ransom. Most likely by getting the private key

Repo101 wrote: »
    The problems stems from fiat at the moment. Too much printing of fiat (Euro, USD etc) has resulted in inflated prices of assets. This is naturally going to reduce the price of assets over the coming months and has already done so. Central banks have no tools left and if the USD loses its reserve status then cryptos are going to be in much bigger trouble.

I was hopeful by now we would have had some real use cases as a fiat replacement or at least a map of how DeFi integrates into the financial system but, at least to me, it feels as if we are still 5-10 years away from those real discussions.

Also, in the long run it's very difficult to see BitCoin and Ethereum maintaining this kind of growth when both are hugely flawed coins. Proof of stake will also fail miserably as a way of achieving consensus as votes can be used for both sides of a fork! The same arguments that are made about $hitCoins can easily be applied to the big two.

DeFi is only a year or two old basically, how could it not feel like it's at least a few years away from coming into its own

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

They didn't crack SHA-256. This was an extremely obvious and transparent false flag ransonware attack by the alphabet agencies.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cracked a secure password once. I got high and remembered the password.

Did I mention the secure password was my own. :pac:

[Citation needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Badly fukt wrote: »
    You must be new to this! Hodl

I am indeed. Started at the worst possible time.

I shall hodl for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

All the meme-coiners will be shaken out of the market and will probably jump back in when BTC goes to $100k. These folks are ridiculously easy to manipulate.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

I am indeed. Started at the worst possible time.

I shall hodl for now.

You paid a heavy price for that Elon Musk Fanboy membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

All looking good now:)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    All looking good now:)

It's not very nice to mock people as their portfolios evaporate before their eyes and hopes and dreams are shattered.

If only they had a crypto coin for class.

It's not very nice to mock people as their portfolios evaporate before their eyes and hopes and dreams are shattered.

If only they had a crypto coin for class.

No, I think it is going to go up as a few were that's just my take on it.

Look Coin that is not a coin but on matket.

No, I think it is going to go up as a few were that's just my take on it.

It looks more like a death spiral to me, but I know very little about crypto lol.

I don't by green or red as that is only a sure way to not not the price of coins.
    What looks green may be red and opposite.

One needs the know and following prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I don't by green or red as that is only a sure way to not not the price of coins.
    What looks green may be red and opposite.

One needs the know and following prices.

Isn't it always either green or red though, unless somehow stagnant for a while, which is unlikely to happen for more than seconds with crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

It looks more like a death spiral to me, but I know very little about crypto lol.

A death spiral upwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It does appear a lot of money is leaving the market, bear incoming?

Advertisement