Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Reunion [HBO Max]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

HBC08 wrote: »
    Just watched it,surprisenly it was very enjoyable.
    They mostly look great,Matt Le Blanc is huge now but I don't think he's too bothered.Matthew Perry seemed out of sorts,not sure I believe that it's as a result of him being to the dentist the same day.

How white were those teeth? It reminded me of a certain episode...

I was genuinely shocked to hear that the Ross & Rachel thing was almost/kinda/sorta a real thing behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

razorblunt wrote: »

Matthew Perry didn’t look well at all, new teeth probably didn’t help.
    Wrapped up in a jacket wasn’t a good look too. His “it’s so good to see you Matty” was lovely and heartfelt.

Aw this got to me, was a very sweet genuine moment. He seems like a sensitive soul.
    Chandler was always my favourite in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

This is all cringworthy..they all got 2.5 million to do this. If they wre genuine about really meeting the others. Money would not have come in to it .imagine if you heard that a class from your school would never meet the others unless they got 10thousand ..all they are .is money grabbing and headline grabbing people. Why didn't they take the money and donate it to charity.!!!.folks they wer only putting on a show for ye ..wake up ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

Denny61 wrote: »
    This is all cringworthy..they all got 2.5 million to do this. If they wre genuine about really meeting the others. Money would not have come in to it .imagine if you heard that a class from your school would never meet the others unless they got 10thousand ..all they are .is money grabbing and headline grabbing people. Why didn't they take the money and donate it to charity.!!!.folks they wer only putting on a show for ye ..wake up ..

If your good at something never do it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Denny61 wrote: »

What, a TV show? No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Know we know that david and jen kinda had a crush thing going on you can see why the scenes with them were so believable

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

py2006 wrote: »
    I was genuinely shocked to hear that the Ross & Rachel thing was almost/kinda/sorta a real thing behind the scenes.

Weren’t there rumours too that Matthew Perry was in love with Courtney Cox throughout filming?

Weren’t there rumours too that Matthew Perry was in love with Courtney Cox throughout filming?

I didn't hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

muddypaws wrote: »
    [/B]

What, a TV show? No way.

It's not a tv show though, but an obscene and literal puff piece prodded up by celebrities.

It's definitely one of the most hollow and cynical cash grabs I've seen in a long time.

No idea why people would want to watch it. The trailer was enough for me to know what's up.

• Advertisement

It's not a tv show though, but an obscene and literal puff piece prodded up by celebrities.

It's definitely one of the most hollow and cynical cash grabs I've seen in a long time.

No idea why people would want to watch it. The trailer was enough for me to know what's up.

Ah go to bed and think positive thoughts.

Good for you. I don’t know what brings you here so since you have it all figured out, unless it’s just to shlt on everyone else who enjoyed it?

Was in tv, thus a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

It was alright. I was originally expecting a one off show with the characters. Very disappointed to hear it was more of a documentary type thing. It turned out better than I feared but it really felt like a glorified DVD extra rather than a proper addition to the show.

touts wrote: »
    It was alright. I was originally expecting a one off show with the characters. Very disappointed to hear it was more of a documentary type thing. It turned out better than I feared but it really felt like a glorified DVD extra rather than a proper addition to the show.

I only heard about this a few days ago and it was fairly east to workout that it wasn’t a new episode.

Lisa at the table reading doing “MY EYES MY EYES!!” was fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Loved that. Can't believe it was 2 hours long, felt like a half hour.

Sad to see Matthew Perry in that state, had no idea he had drug issues. Incredible actor with amazing comedic timing. Hope things get better for him.

Rachel's face looks completely different from different angles, if that makes sense. :D She's still as bubbly as ever. Phoebe has aged well. A little annoying still, she shouts too much. Monica as bland as ever, nothing character.

Joey has become Joey if he had married Monica, his enthusiasm for the whole thing was great.

Ross hasn't changed a bit and IMO carried the that reunion like he did with the show. He's funny when not even trying to be.

Never really got all he hate for James Corden, he was fine. An incredible comedy actor in his own right.

Well worth a watch. Brings you right back to a time in life when social media didn't exist and that life seemed much more simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have to say, genuinely chuckled at the mischievousness of Matt leBlanc finding out about Monica panicking about a speech and discovering she had it written on the table so just before the take, he wiped it off.

Gives a great insight into how much fun he actually is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember Matthew saying about being in that pilot on the interview the 3 guys did with Gaby Roslin and was the first David had heard of it. But this was the first I saw of it. How could they think it would never work. :) Kelly Hu in it as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Poor Matthew Perry, youngest of the cast really looking the worse for wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. I was expecting to turn it off after 5 minutes but realised I was actually enjoying it. Think David Schwimmer had the most work done, he was very shiny.

I wasn't a massive fan of the final seasons. Series 1 to 4 were excellent, then the storylines became more like a soap and Chandler wasn't as funny when he got with Monica.

Still, I liked them doing the read-through and the Ross Rachel scene really brought back that time to me. Great to see Tom Selleck too, always enjoyed the scene where Monica's parents find out about her relationship with Richard at Jack Geller's birthday party.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

Pussyhands wrote:
    Lads, was there a different Carole at the start? I don't remember her...Anita Barone

There was, think it was the first or second episode.

Joey's agent Estelle was also played anither support character in the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice nostalgia trip but definitely suffered from it's own hype.

Best bits were table reads and cast chatting.

The live stuff with Corden, the catwalk bit etc were cringe!

Schwimmer seemed to have the most enthusiasm of anyone.. always my favourite of the bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The one time Matthew Perry tried to speak and crack a joke Jennifer Aniston interrupted like a spoiled attention seeking kid.

He actually pulled her up but was like a mouse after it.

She is drama.

Schwimmer came out of that looking a million bucks. The stuff about him and Jennifer was the big reveal I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

Amazing what 17 years does to people :(:(:(

Ross and Phoebe look great though.

Ross and Phoebe look great though.

I thought so too, they looked most natural

Poor Joey ate a few too many sandwiches

The one time Matthew Perry tried to speak and crack a joke Jennifer Aniston interrupted like a spoiled attention seeking kid.

He actually pulled her up but was like a mouse after it.

She is drama.

I think they tried to help him out a lot with getting his points across because he seemed to be uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I really enjoyed it!

I'm now hoping against hope that Jennifer and David get together in real life - take that Mr. Pitt!

I genuinely had no idea they ever had a crush on each other. I'm almost sure Jennifer was dating Tate Donovan at the time (he later played Joshua, the object of her affection around season 4 or 5).

I was a little disappointed they didn't have more guest stars contributing. Even the ones who were there only had minimal speaking time. I think Maggie Wheeler (Janice) had the longest segment out of all of them.

Matthew Perry was very quiet, but he always seemed the most reserved/shyest of the bunch in real life anyway. David, Lisa and Matt were definitely the most entertaining I though.

Anyway, it was a lovely, nostalgic walk down memory lane for a while :)

Advertisement