Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friends Reunion [HBO Max]

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

No the original set was taken down

That set is a tourist attraction on Warner Brothers Studio tour in LA.

So the set was rebuilt from scratch based on the original set then?

It wasn't even the same location was it?

Avon8 wrote: »
    How is David Schwimmer getting away with the cosmetic surgery criticism, while JA and CC are getting lambasted? Because he's more likeable? He has easily as much work done as the other two.

Lisa Kudrow must have the magic formula, and Le Blanc looks to have embraced aging, in a good way

Really? I don't see much work on Ross...his face looks saggy due to old age.

Aniston looks like CGI at some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Avon8 wrote: »
    How is David Schwimmer getting away with the cosmetic surgery criticism, while JA and CC are getting lambasted? Because he's more likeable? He has easily as much work done as the other two.
    Cos his lips still work. Aniston and Cox remind me of that episode of Scrubs where Jordan gets botox and she can't move her face.
    Pussyhands wrote: »
    Was the set in the reunion the actual set they recorded in?

Like central perk, was there an actual outside or was that all still the set?
    I don't know if it was the actual studio originally filmed, but they were the original sets put back together. Some of it was in a "musuem", other bits were scattered around.
    Other outside sets would have been built to spec as needed. There would have been very few actual "outside" bits. London is one I can think of, maybe parts of Vegas too? Oh, and that scene where Chandler is chasing Cathy.
    Pussyhands wrote: »
    Give it a rest, there were loads of black characters not named.

We're just listing off ones we remember.
    IIRC Schwimmer made a pretty big song and dance about this, you'll notice scenes with "other" characters and Schwimmer more frequently involve PoC and other minorities.

seamus wrote: »
    I don't know if it was the actual studio originally filmed, but they were the original sets put back together. Some of it was in a "musuem", other bits were scattered around.
    Other outside sets would have been built to spec as needed. There would have been very few actual "outside" bits. London is one I can think of, maybe parts of Vegas too? Oh, and that scene where Chandler is chasing Cathy.

Chandler and Joey with the baby is outside too right?

I assume the main set was there permanently during recording for the 10 years. I guess there was another studio with the less frequent sets, Ross's apartment, Mikes apartment, museum etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Watched it last night, really enjoyed it.

Would have liked more pieces with just the six of them, (and less of James Corden) and more time with guest stars like Maggie Wheeler, Tom Selleck and James Michael Tyler. It felt like they were rushed off, in favour of including pieces from random celebrities talking about Friends.
    Missed various people whom I would have loved to see, Paul Rudd, for one, but the ones who did get to take part, were great.

Matt Le Blanc is just such a warm and funny person, he was the most at ease from the start, I thought. Lisa Kudrow, likewise. I loved hearing the stories of how they were cast, and definitely as was said in the programme, each one was cast perfectly.

All in all, I loved seeing the six of them back together and the reading of various scenes was so funny. I loved the way the readings were interspersed with the original scenes.

Will definitely have to rewatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Butson

Watched it over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

Cheesy as hell but so was the show.
    Was there really any need for the world tour to interview crying fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Butson wrote: »
    Watched it over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

Cheesy as hell but so was the show.
    Was there really any need for the world tour to interview crying fans?

That one guy:

"So my father was diagnosed with something really bad and it's terminal. He has a year to live at most........ but Friends is gas! Love that show."

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Interview in last weekends Sunday Times magazine with the guy behind the reunion Ben Winston (son of tv doctor Robert Winston). The question of why James Corden was chosen as host is answered as most of the interview is a love letter to his "mate" JC. This fella sounds equally insufferable, shameless name dropper (typical quote: "Becks was never my hero, just a mate of mine")

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

David and Jennifer rumoured to be dating now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

James Michael Tyler dies aged 59 after prostate cancer diagnosis

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is Friends being streamed anywhere at present? It has been taken off Netflix I think.

YYeah, but if one was departing Virgin Media for Freesat, where might one find Friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's on Netflix for me. Irish Netflix, in case you're using a VPN

Friends - Netflix

Sky Q Sky Boxsets might have

• Advertisement

That's good news thanks. I could have sworn that they took it off Netflix.

Advertisement