Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Reunion [HBO Max]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

How does Mr Heckles look the same?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Ah ffs, I thought this was gonna be an actual new episode. If you're gonna pay them 2 million each at least get them to act out one more episode, this is minimum effort stuff.

James Corden!? For fcuks sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I genuinely didn't think he was still alive :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Neither did I.
    From his wiki -
    He recently portrayed a depressed Chechen hitman in the HBO series Barry in 2018.

Range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

Really feel bad for Matthew Perry, hope he eventually finds happiness. He was definitely doped out on Valium for this, was probably the only way he would of been able to do the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David and Jennifer fancied each other :pac: I thought she dated Matt LeBlanc, was linked to him

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Larry hankin seems to have more movie/TV credits to his name than the entire cast of friends combined. He been in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Joey is bloody huge now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just finished it, very enjoyable. I thought the talking heads with fans had much more value than the celebs.

It would be nice to get the actors in a round table discussion with someone asking proper questions.

Matthew Perry didn’t look well at all, new teeth probably didn’t help.
    Wrapped up in a jacket wasn’t a good look too. His “it’s so good to see you Matty” was lovely and heartfelt.

DavidSchwimmer and Matt le Blanc come out of it very well. I think Le Blanc just opened up a whole new door for himself as a “dad”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fvp4 wrote: »
    They look good to me. Theres no point comparing the women with their 20 year old self but imagine a 50 something year old without some "work".

I am halfway through the episode on streaming. It's good. The Quiz was a good idea. Corden is ok, quieter than normal. The rest seem to be what they were as characters almost, except Matt who is much quieter.

It was nice to see them come and see the sets at the start. They were clearly fairly emotional with that.

Lisa Kudrow and the actress who played Janice looked amazing, credit to them.

Jennifer Aniston’s reaction at the start where she literally was stopped in her tracks by the sets was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Lisa looks absolutely fantastic. Such a joyous face

The first few minutes of them all reuniting on set was very emotional.

Love the blooper bit, and wasn't expecting to see the footage of Matt LeBlanc's accident. Loving all the extra behind the scenes bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭HBC08

Just watched it,surprisenly it was very enjoyable.
    They mostly look great,Matt Le Blanc is huge now but I don't think he's too bothered.Matthew Perry seemed out of sorts,not sure I believe that it's as a result of him being to the dentist the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

razorblunt wrote: »
    Just finished it, very enjoyable. I thought the talking heads with fans had much more value than the celebs.

It would be nice to get the actors in a round table discussion with someone asking proper questions.

This is what it should have been.

An honest discussion between the cast. Even on the darker topics like how they fought with the studio regarding equal salaries and Matthews drug problems (He has been open about it before).

The Reunion was just fine, but it had the potential for so much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

JackTC wrote: »
    This is what it should have been.

An honest discussion between the cast. Even on the darker topics like how they fought with the studio regarding equal salaries and Matthews drug problems (He has been open about it before).

The Reunion was just fine, but it had the potential for so much more.

They would never ever agree to that and why would they?

This was done in a light hearted way and that's why they agreed to do it.

As much as I loved the finale I'm still sore about Rachel giving up her dream job in Paris for Ross :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

They must have had him on ice all these years lol it was uncanny that he looked exactly the same. Lisa Kudrow looked fabulous.

Ah I just loved that. They did the best they could, all things considered. Definitely scratched an itch

I finished it. Loved it. The James cordon bits were mercifully short.

They were really emotional about the set being reconstructed. The best bits was them back in the apartment just talking or reminiscing or looking at the bloopers. Or looking at older episodes. Or the Quiz. Table reads were great. Finding their signatures from the last day on the flats. The way that Matt seems to crack everybody up. The extra coverage of bloopers, or the extra footage in general. Plus they definitely picked the best episodes for clips. The “parents” turning up. Janice looking hot.

Some things fell a bit short. “Gunther” didn’t say much. Cordon was phoning it in. But that’s a minor complaint.

Only Matt Perry seemed a bit out if it, but he still had some funny things to say.

Jennifer and David doing the table read of Ross and Rachel's first kiss was actually really powerful. Friends is going to live on as one of those shows that will never be beaten on the chemistry between the characer.s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

I finished it. Loved it. The James cordon bits were mercifully short.

They were really emotional about the set being reconstructed. The best bits was them back in the apartment just talking or reminiscing or looking at the bloopers. Or looking at older episodes. Or the Quiz. Table reads were great. Finding their signatures from the last day on the flats. The way that Matt seems to crack everybody up. The extra coverage of bloopers, or the extra footage in general. Plus they definitely picked the best episodes for clips. The “parents” turning up. Janice looking hot.

Only Matt Perry seemed a bit out if it, but he still had some funny things to say.

Awh yes "the parents" Very emotional trip down memory lane. I agree the best bits were just the 6 of them on set and reading the scripts. Loved it

razorblunt wrote: »

Matthew Perry didn’t look well at all, new teeth probably didn’t help.
    Wrapped up in a jacket wasn’t a good look too. His “it’s so good to see you Matty” was lovely and heartfelt.

David schism Eir and Matt le Blanc come out of it very well. I think Le Blanc just opened up a whole new door for himself as a “dad”.

Matt Le Blanc comes across so well. He made me laugh out loud so many times, he’s so infectious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Matt Le Blanc comes across so well. He made me laugh out loud so many times, he’s so infectious

He seemed to have a genuine interest. There was times some of them looked like they just showed up for their 2 million paycheck. Obviously they won't remember every episode but I feel like some of them weren't interested when someone else was talking.

Overall I think they could have focused more on the documentary/behind the scenes stuff and less chat show on the couch with the audience stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Lads, was there a different Carole at the start? I don't remember her...Anita Barone

Just thinking I'm actually really surprised The Rembrandts didnt make an appearance at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished watching. Enjoyed it.
    The bloopers and behind the scenes stuff were great to see

Matthew just looks older than he is. At times he reminded me of Timothy Stack. And even acting like an old man, smiling while listening to everyone else. There were times I was wondering if they did edit it to take out anything that made him look bad.
    Lisa seemed genuinely annoyed at him for not telling them about feeling pressure to always make the audience laugh, as if to say "We could've helped!"

The celebs weren't as bad as I expected. And James was just MC to move things along. Was that someone famous who asked the first question that got them talking about Marcelle? Looked a bit like Soleil Moon Frye but don't think it was. Whoever it was wasn't listed in the credits anyway.

Lisa/Phoebe seemed a bit confused seeing Gaga.

Didn't James Michael Tyler have a big falling out with them over something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I just watched it and I have to say I loved it and even got a bit teary in parts.

I know most people were dissapointed, after the reunion was first announced, to hear that it wasn't a new episode or series of episodes. But after seeing how this was done I can now see that a new episode with them trying to re-create the old characters really would not have worked. It would have been disappointing and fake. People would be on social media saying they shouldn't have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just thinking I'm actually really surprised The Rembrandts didnt make an appearance at all!

I was only thinking that at the closing credits, they should have played them out. I am sure they were asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

He still got the STD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This really far exceeded my expectations and I'm a person who thinks it's the greatest TV show ever! So many laugh out loud moments. I really got the sense that they really enjoyed each others company. The re-enactment of past scenes was a great touch, especially the Ross and Rachel scenes. Great production overall. Will watch it this weekend again with a few drinks.

Advertisement