Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bipo

Wow while I'm still waiting for vaccination for 50 year old in Naas I see that some of you got appointments in the portal but no text. I will have to check my portal every few hours.....it seems wrong that we have to depend on the portal while a confirmed appointment by text would have been handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Bella3005 wrote: »
    It would be great if you could update once you have a new appointment.

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Bipo wrote: »
    Wow while I'm still waiting for vaccination for 50 year old in Naas I see that some of you got appointments in the portal but no text. I will have to check my portal every few hours.....it seems wrong that we have to depend on the portal while a confirmed appointment by text would have been handy.

Checked my portal @11am and seen my appointment...got txt about 5mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

basill wrote: »
    When you go can you ask them nicely if they have any of the one dose vaccines if scheduled for a two dose?

You could ask but most places will only have a certain vaccine on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Age 49 1/2 :)
    East Cork

Registered 19th May @00.01am

Appointment confirmed this morning via SMS

Appointment 31st May

Cork City Hall
    Pfizer/BioNTech

I worked for Pfizer until mid November last year and just missed out on the staff rollout by about 2 weeks - gutted but at least I am getting it now.
    I even contacted my Doctor 2 months ago as I have Asthma and presumed I would get it earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Registered 19th May
    Details on portal this morning. Notification by text 1 hour later
    Appointment 30th May. Waterford IT.
    Moderna

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I got my 1st shot Pfizer Tuesday afternoon.
    I never get headaches but had to take a paracetamol that night as I got one right on the top of my head!

Felt a bit off yesterday, like a mild head cold and a little nauseous most of the day and a sore arm, shoulder and neck. Had a very sleepless night last night but feel brand new today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adubintipp2

mackerski wrote: »
    48, living in D15, registered immediately once age group went live on the portal.

Appointment for Pfizer, Citywest, afternoon of Sunday 30th

Edit: I first found out on the portal, but the SMS arrived minutes afterwards. Vodafone number entered without the leading 0 in the area code.

Out of interest, is your year of birth 1972 or 1973, seems to be a mix of 48, 49 year olds being called for Citywest on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Work colleague
    Moderna
    PuC
    1June (Tuesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Work colleague
    Moderna
    PuC
    1June (Tuesday)

Getting bloody worried now that I'm seeing plenty of people in my area younger than me getting appointments but not me......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Getting bloody worried now that I'm seeing plenty of people in my area younger than me getting appointments but not me......:(

I know 46s with no appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭frash

With all this talk of the portal I thought I'd better log in

Age 47
    Registered May 20th
    Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)
    Appointment Sunday, 30 May 2021
    Location Aviva

No text as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sunshine2018

Which entrance do I use for the aviva for my vaccine? Is it shelbourne road or where do I go ? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

48, appointment Sunday 30th May for Moderna vaccine in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

revelman wrote: »
    I don’t want to derail thread but certain things need to be corrected because there are people reading this who are getting or have received J&J.

The woman didn’t just “drop dead”. She developed the clotting problem and ended up in hospital where she died. It is very sad.

And Belgium didn’t suspend J&J. It restricted its use to people over 41.

J&J is approved by the EMA and is a safe vaccine for appropriate age groups. All medicines have side effects.

It is interesting how our brains work when it comes to these clots. Most people would have no problem taking paracetamol or ibuprofen. But if I understand the article below correctly, the most serious side effects of these painkillers (e.g. gastrointestinal haemorrhage, liver and renal failure, leading to death) are seemingly multiple times more common than these clots are.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/estimated-risks-of-fatal-events-associated-with-acetaminophen-ibuprofen-and-naproxen-sodium-used-for-analgesia-2167-1052-2-124.pdf

Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭in2dark

I have the same worry
    Both wife (48) and myself (47) not having any text or appointment bon the portal. We live in Dublin west

My 49 yo relative in north county Dublin is also still waiting, it seems a bit random.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭mackerski

Out of interest, is your year of birth 1972 or 1973, seems to be a mix of 48, 49 year olds being called for Citywest on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Which entrance do I use for the aviva for my vaccine? Is it shelbourne road or where do I go ? Thank you

Right here between the stadium building and the Lansdowne football club/tours office building:

https://goo.gl/maps/uNNe1EtAHtDEqRMg8

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Dublin not very quick at the moment. So if you are 47 to 49 I wouldn’t be worried yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deenie78

There seems to be a lag in North Dublin - I don't think I've seen anyone in their 40s got an appointment for the Helix yet? (although admittedly I did skip a few pages while catching up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wicklower

Dublin south central city.

Received a text

Age 49
    Registered May 20th
    Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine
    Appointment Friday, 28 May 2021 (tomorrow)
    Location Aviva

Amazing how quick this has all come. To think that these vaccines were only a pipe dream ~6 months ago and it i'll be in our arms soon, if we choose. Love Science, Engineering, Research, Education!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    48, appointment Sunday 30th May for Moderna vaccine in Waterford

47 here, Monday May 31st, Moderna in Waterford, know a 47 YO friend who is getting theirs the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Age 48
    Registered 20th May
    Appointment confirmed by text this morning
    Appointment on Sunday 30th May
    City West & Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adubintipp2

mackerski wrote: »

Thanks, looks like just a few days before the “younger” 48 year old (e.g. born in 1973) in the citywest catchment area get a call

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I’ve put this in the main thread but it’s probably worth putting here too.

For those asking about slow vaccine rollout in Drogheda:

Labour's @geraldnash told Dáil that HSE is sending 10,000 extra J&J jabs to Louth/East Meath, set to be issued by middle of next week.

Some of those registered as long ago as mid-April, and 1,000 of them are over-60

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Deenie78 wrote:
    There seems to be a lag in North Dublin - I don't think I've seen anyone in their 40s got an appointment for the Helix yet? (although admittedly I did skip a few pages while catching up!)

Think so too. The Helix are down to 50's today. But hopefully get down through the late 40's soon.....

They seem to have a huge catchment area all north county Dublin inc Sutton / Howth and I know someone from Ashbourne who was sent there !

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Vaccination drive-thru in Cork. This would be one way to speed up appointments!

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/vaccine-patients-out-15-minutes-20682072

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

North County Dublin
    Registered 19th just after midnight
    Early 1972
    Scheduled Saturday 29th May
    DCU Helix
    Pfizer
    On portal, no text yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Deenie78 wrote:

They also have 60s group for 2nd Pfizer Shot to get through as well as the 50s first shot.

Advertisement