Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

scottigael wrote: »
    Where is the global warming we were promised .. miserable weather like winter.

Could make us a lot colder if the Artic ice sheets melt and has the knock on of cutting off the Gulf stream :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's effing roasting in the Arctic right now and cold in Europe, climate change doesn't seem to be rewarding us with nice weather anyway.
    It has stopped raining now for a couple of hours in Dublin, went out for a jog in it around the park and it was actually quite nice and fresh, I don't feel as frustrated by the weather any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Low pressure in over Mace Head area now with almost calm conditions being reported there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

One month tomorrow until the Summer Solstice. Hard to believe.

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Think it was 2019 it was still freezing well into June, not sure we got much of a summer after that at all, hope it's not a repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It's effing roasting in the Arctic right now

It is? :confused:

hvYGy5O.png

To my untrained eye, the bulk of Europe looks a lot warmer than the bulk of the Arctic right now.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Spring 2021 eh!

Its like a day in January..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭sporina

i don't think thats how it works! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A sh*te day in West Clare, but these come along every so often.

The weather lately hasn't been shocking, it's not been the best, not particularly warm, but fairly frequent sunny spells and no extended rainfalls in West Clare.

I've been under a weather warning almost everyday for over a week now, at no stage has the weather been anything remotely near a warning level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭sporina

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A sh*te day in West Clare, but these come along every so often.

The weather lately hasn't been shocking, it's not been the best, not particularly warm, but fairly frequent sunny spells and no extended rainfalls in West Clare.

I've been under a weather warning almost everyday for over a week now, at no stage has the weather been anything remotely near a warning level.

different story here in Cork.. bins lying open all over the place this morn :eek: tis ok now though.. unreal night/morn of rain and gale winds.. dunno the specific details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Meant to be a partial eclipse on June 10. What'd the chance we won't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is the fine weather from the middle of next week in jeopardy now?

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It is? :confused:

To my untrained eye, the bulk of Europe looks a lot warmer than the bulk of the Arctic right now.

A couple of days ago I saw a graph where it was 30c+ near the Arctic, must have cooled down since.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/05/20/record-heat-russia-canada-climate-change/

https://www.euronews.com/2021/05/17/siberian-wildfire-season-kicks-off-early-and-northwestern-russia-is-20-degrees-hotter-than

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1392862346406735872

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got 12mm of rain here today so far but cyclonic variables are blowing rain against the Northeast facing windows. Strange to see them wet.

Wind of 115kph in the South today. Just edging into Orange territory. The good weather next week still on. Actually I think Summer or late Spring storms are good for clearing the pattern.....sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's still raining, still windy and expected highs of wait for it 10 degrees in NCD.

FFS get me on a plane!

pauldry wrote: »
    Got 12mm of rain here today so far but cyclonic variables are blowing rain against the Northeast facing windows. Strange to see them wet.

Wind of 115kph in the South today. Just edging into Orange territory. The good weather next week still on. Actually I think Summer or late Spring storms are good for clearing the pattern.....sometimes

Pauldry I hope your right and its a clearing pattern. When is good weather expected? I can only see rain everyday here on Met Eireann app and highs of only 13 degrees all week up to Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Yeah, one area of the Siberian Arctic was hot, but that was one cherrypicked area. The far side of the Pole (Alaska/Canada) was an equal amount colder than average, but this of course didn't make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

appledrop wrote: »
    It's still raining, still windy and expected highs of wait for it 10 degrees in NCD.

FFS get me on a plane!

Dreadful morning cold wet breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

So I hear this morning that whilst the weather will 'settle down' somewhat from mid next week, that because of the high pressure off Greenland we'll stay in a cooler than normal air flow for god knows how long??

Marvellous.....

Zipppy wrote: »
    So I hear this morning that whilst the weather will 'settle down' somewhat from mid next week, that because of the high pressure off Greenland we'll stay in a cooler than normal air flow for god knows how long??

Marvellous.....

far better than rain. Will feel warmer in any sun anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

fvp4 wrote: »
    far better than rain. Will feel warmer in any sun anyway.

I'm a cold creature...cannot stand the cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The "outdoor summer" is going to be an absolute farce if this pattern continues.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The "outdoor summer" is going to be an absolute farce if this pattern continues.

I was just thinking that this morning. Imagine MM standing at his podium today addressing the nation about sticking with outdoor dining and making most of outdoors.

It wouldn't go down too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

appledrop wrote: »
    I was just thinking that this morning. Imagine MM standing at his podium today addressing the nation about sticking with outdoor dining and making most of outdoors.

It wouldn't go down too well.

The only place I hope to be outdoor dining is somewhere in the med, Greece, Spain etc. It’s not to far from a November’s day today. Ridiculous.

The only place I hope to be outdoor dining is somewhere in the med, Greece, Spain etc. It’s not to far from a November’s day today. Ridiculous.

There is a brilliant sketch online of Vic Dibitetto dining outdoors in weather like today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Reading MTCs forecast today.
    He could have fooled me with 75% of normal rainfall.
    69mm so far this month compared to 11 in April.

I'm sick of looking at grey skies. I wonder could the mods 'make' him give us good weather for a change. :D

I'm sick of looking at grey skies. I wonder could the mods 'make' him give us good weather for a change. :D

Forecast is in the future dude. That's looking pretty good for next week actually.

If anything this month I think MT has been pessimistic for the East coast. The last two days aside it has been ok here.

Where are people seeing this good weather forecast? I can't find any hope anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I have had 114mm so far this month compared to 18 in April

Advertisement