Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

Where are people seeing this good weather forecast? I can't find any hope anywhere

MT’s weekly trend.

Temperatures will average 2 to 3 deg below normal values (now at around 18 C for max, 8 C for min).
    -- Rainfall will average about 75 per cent of normal, overnight Saturday-Sunday the heaviest this coming week.
    -- Sunshine will average about 75 per cent of normal, a blend of 50 per cent to Monday, then 100-125 per cent.
    -- Winds will gradually drop back to moderate levels later today, and remain there most of the time.

Looking good after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

I suffer from SAD and need light - this May is abominable.. getting some support from this thread (in a "we are all in this together" kind of way) - big hug all :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This May is very similar to June 2019 and July 2020, an absolute basket case of a month for the very end of Spring. May is often a decent month but this has to be the coldest May we have had for many years.

We may see signs of an improvement in the first half of June but even right now any signs of high pressure looks short lived and the cool theme could last well into June with more signs of northern blocking on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Usually don't turn the heat on in April not talk about the end of May. Tempted now though as house is freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The indo is reporting that may is 600% more than this month last year at Dublin Airport.

I'm picking up a polytunnel this evening. Looks like I won't get the weather to erect cot for the foreseeable future.

I think we should have a tribunal and haul all the prognistators of bad weather before it. Punishment to be decided. Maybe getting rid of them will give us good weather in an appease the weather gods kind of way :)

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    This May is very similar to June 2019 and July 2020, an absolute basket case of a month for the very end of Spring. May is often a decent month but this has to be the coldest May we have had for many years.

We may see signs of an improvement in the first half of June but even right now any signs of high pressure looks short lived and the cool theme could last well into June with more signs of northern blocking on the horizon.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Low of 8c overnight and stuck at 10c all day. Impressive Diurnal temperature range for May..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I never knew ferries could abort landing like a plane, and head off to another port:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭appledrop

Marine Layer thanks for that post from Arklow Weather.

In knots here, so funny!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

:D

I was expecting John Doyle....

....ended up splurting out coffee all over the keyboard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'm afraid on the latest model runs that drier weather has been toned down immensely. However the model runs up to today had been showing warm and dry so it may return somewhat.

Hope this works!

Happy outdoor dining.

https://youtu.be/kPCiHHVN7IA

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

This weather sucks, isn't there so good weather on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

The heats back on!! ......The central heating that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

This weather sucks, isn't there so good weather on the horizon?

From mid next week it's looking drier and warmer.

As ever, it's not nailed down but temps looking more seasonal for the time of year; 17º to 19º - maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

compsys wrote: »
    From mid next week it's looking drier and warmer.

As ever, it's not nailed down but temps looking more seasonal for the time of year; 17º to 19º - maybe more cold and rain .

Corrected your post :)

Lovely blue skies here at last in NCD.

Still windy and cool, max 12 degrees today but I'll take it after bad weather.

Off to park, before it takes a turn for worse yet again tomorrow with rain forecast for the day.

phew a reprieve from the wind rain here in Cork.. lovely Sunny morning,.. heading to the coast for the day - enjoy all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Sunny, dry and breezy today in Mayo. Monday to Wednesday this week were similar, only Thursday and Friday were crappy. All in all not too bad for an unsettled spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Today was dry and bright here. It was cold though you wouldn’t go out without a jacket. And standing still for any period of time you’d be cut by the wind. But al least it was peeing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Another peach of a morning. Heavy rain dull and a temp hovering around 8 degrees with a real feel of 5 degrees. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

This weather is disgusting - there is simply no other way to describe it. It looks and literally feels like the worst mid-January can throw at us, but at least you sort of expect it then.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A bit of a reprieve yesterday but it's back with a vengeance today. Horrendous, no other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible, just horrible in Meath, no cycling today

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Raining all morning in Kilkenny too. Hoping it eases off a bit so I can get out for a run. Lighting the stove now. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

A day for the fireside.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a day for watching a rerun of the eurovision, who won?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

fryup wrote: »
    a day for watching a rerun of the eurovision, who won?

Who cares

Advertisement