Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination how are you getting on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

Got Pfizer on Monday.....convinced there was nothing in the syringe...nada, nothing...

Any chance that they're running placebo trials������

• Registered Users Posts: 29,204 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was reading there 20% of the people to be vaccinated in drogheda yesterday didn't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

I was vaccinated yesterday evening. I got the AZ vaccine. I had got advice to take paracetamol every eight hours for 24 hours before and 48 hours after by a medical professional. She also advised me to drink plenty of water before and after at least 2L every 24 hours. I have followed the advice given.

While I have no temperature or aches or pains I have been very lethargic all day long. Where the vaccine was given in my arm while not painful or having a heavy like some seem to have, I had an ache there for last 3-4 hours not something I notice all information the time but now and again I am aware of it. Normally go for a 3 Mike walk every evening will give it a miss this evening

I just said I put this up as it's full steam ahead with vaccination over next 6-8 weeks. I had hoped to get the J&J but you take what you get. I will update again tomorrow. If you get headache's or gra
    ver it's on the 24-48 hour period no sign of that at present
    was your vaccinator a hypochondriac by any chance? 2L of water-that recommendation is bs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,228 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

beachhead wrote: »
    was your vaccinator a hypochondriac by any chance? 2L of water-that recommendation is bs

It was not my vaccinator it was a medical professional. TBH most recommended health and dietary plans recommend that level of water intake.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

alps wrote: »
    Got Pfizer on Monday.....convinced there was nothing in the syringe...nada, nothing...

My OH said a few ppl that work (HSE) with her had a rough few days after it. She thinks that farmers might have a bit of immunity from animal viruses. I don't know though, doesn't seem to be any medical evidence that we do have some immunity.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    My OH said a few ppl that work (HSE) with her had a rough few days after it. She thinks that farmers might have a bit of immunity from animal viruses. I don't know though, doesn't seem to be any medical evidence that we do have some immunity.

Ivomec spillages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

i got the Moderna today in Ennis. Kinda weird being in a room full of old people.:D
    Honestly never felt the injection. I was straight in and out. Really well organised. Staff very friendly too. Heard one say that next week, they will be going from 8 in morning to 8 at night. They'll fly tru the numbers.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

i got the Moderna today in Ennis. Kinda weird being in a room full of old people.:D
    Honestly never felt the injection. I was straight in and out. Really well organised. Staff very friendly too. Heard one say that next week, they will be going from 8 in morning to 8 at night. They'll fly tru the numbers.

Probably even more interesting to see who was there I'd say.

Dad got his vaccine a few weeks ago and a few neighbours all round his own age there.
    If anyone was pretending to be younger than they were the cat would be out of the bag.

blue5000 wrote: »

Sunshine natural vitamin D. Vitamin D is supposed to help prevent the more severe effects of COVID. Therefore it would minimize the side effects of a vaccine

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

alps wrote: »

Ah stop will ya.. talking complete bollox.
    If you ended up in the bed in bits you'd be spouting some other bolloxology.

• Advertisement

Cheno unction, it's a quare name but great stuff!!!

Sunshine natural vitamin D. Vitamin D is supposed to help prevent the more severe effects of COVID. Therefore it would minimize the side effects of a vaccine

Maybe, because I haven't done a tap of work since last March I certainly have soaked up a lot more sunlight than I normally would. I think AZ gave a lot more side effects than Pfizer. Good friend of mine is a bus driver and he was in bits after the Pfizer jab, you'd never meet him in daylight, he's like a vampire, stays up all night smoking gange, drinking cheap cider and playing vinyl, I don't know how the wife sticks him tbh. I'd be on the black bags if I carried on like that, it's like having a giant teenager in the house!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Or accidental blackleg jabs?:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

With allthe vaccines it seems to be the more active ones immune system the worse the reaction. Opposite of what actually getting infected with the real thing would do

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Lesalare wrote: »
    I'm able to register on Sunday. Am 45. I just don't want AZ, I'd be keen to find out how this 'option to chose AZ or J&J' will work. I wonder do you get a chance to do so when registering? Everyone else seems to just be told what they are getting when they get their test of appointment... or from what I am reading on here. I'm weird out by both these above options due to blood clot issues in my family. I'd be tempted to wait for Pfizer or Moderna option even if I have to wait.

I don't think you get a choice. But I'd bet money if you register you will get the Pfizer or Moderna most people are getting those now. Everyone I know have got one of those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got Pfizer today. Nurse told me she had the AZ. Depends what's given to the vaccination centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

A fella in work was telling us the wife got it yesterday and the nurse told her to expect a little prick, she said dont worry im dealing with one these years.....

In all seriousness theres a good shot of the older lads in work after getting it and they seem fairly upbeat about it and glad to have it got sll the same.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Dunedin

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was reading there 20% of the people to be vaccinated in drogheda yesterday didn't turn up.

The majority of this is due to these having been already been vaccinated by their GP.

Dunedin wrote: »
    The majority of this is due to these having been already been vaccinated by their GP.

Would these vaccines be wasted?

Dunedin wrote: »

Shouldn't happen as you have to register for vaccination. If you were going to be vaccinated by a doctor you would hardly register.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Would these vaccines be wasted?

I imagine that they allow for a certain percentage of no shows. AZ and J&J have decent length refrigeration time. Phizer vaccine as long as it's not reconstituted has a 5 day refrigeration time at +2-+8C. I presume at this stage they are managing supply

TBF after some hiccups at the start there processes are working well. 250k doses being put in people's arms every week is what it's hitting now

Slava Ukrainii

Shouldn't happen as you have to register for vaccination. If you were going to be vaccinated by a doctor you would hardly register.

Does everyone not give in their pps number, even if with gp?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I don't think you get a choice. But I'd bet money if you register you will get the Pfizer or Moderna most people are getting those now. Everyone I know have got one of those two.

Ah cheers for that. On further reading up, I am hoping for one of those latter two. Thanks! :)

I've very freaked out re clotting. I have a VERY bad family history of people in my family dying from clotting at young ages and I have circulatory issues and a liver issue. I honestly think if I am told I am getting AZ or JJ, I'll put it off. It's freaking me out more than getting covid TBH :/

Lesalare wrote: »
    Ah cheers for that. On further reading up, I am hoping for one of those latter two. Thanks! :)

I've very freaked out re clotting. I have a VERY bad family history of people in my family dying from clotting at young ages and I have circulatory issues and a liver issue. I honestly think if I am told I am getting AZ or JJ, I'll put it off. It's freaking me out more than getting covid TBH :/

I was specifically asked today when getting my Moderna vaccine, if I was on any anti-clotting medications? (I'm not)
    If you are worried about this, best to chat with your GP.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

If your stupid enough to take the vaccine then you have nobody but yourself to blame for the long term fall out from them.

If your stupid enough to take the vaccine then you have nobody but yourself to blame for the long term fall out from them.

Have you evidence to back up what you are saying or are you one of those conspiracy theory types?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I instructed my broker earlier today to invest in Microsoft after receiving the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. What do ye reckon - good or bad idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Have you evidence to back up what you are saying or are you one of those conspiracy theory types?

I could give you all the evidence in the world about what these vaccines actually do, but for most it wouldn't matter as the TV box told you it's for your good. That's the power of programming, people simply go along with what they're told without doing any research

• Registered Users Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I could give you all the evidence in the world about what these vaccines actually do, but for most it wouldn't matter as the TV box told you it's for your good. That's the power of programming, people simply go along with what they're told without doing any research

Just for the benefit of posters and readers of this thread here is what vaccines do in real terms.

Israel had over 8k cases in January and following a successful vaccination campaign reported 8 new cases yesterday.

553573.JPG

• Advertisement

Yawn... Took longer than I thought..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement