Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaccination how are you getting on

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Complete nonsense, I know two people fairly bad after their first jabs and a cousin of mine got a stroke soon after her second jab, the media seem to be very silent on those stories. The thing I’ve yet to met anyone that actually got covid never mind being hospitalised because of it.

I have to laugh at people that say because there were so many experts working it and so much money thrown at it was the reason they developed them so fast but forget about the 4-7 years of testing it normally takes for a vaccine. Of course these so called vaccines were developed from 2002-2014 with no human trials and the animals that were tested didn’t fare too well after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 frenchpoodle

Hi , I read this and just want to let it be known, of my bad reaction to the second dose of pfizer vaccine

i had pain in my heart area, weakness, and fell on the floor ,felt knocked out . this was the folllowing day after a bad night too.Also a headache and numbness , very scary and got through it , felt like a heart attack was coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kefflin

First dose headaches for the evening. Paracetamol helped.

Second dose nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

3 of herselfs cousins got Covid, all crew on board a ship her brother works on got Covid bar himself, man from this village died from Covid

I agree its unreal fast,quedtionably so,but the figures coming out from rural states in america,give reasonable credence to its success in real life......its a pandemic near entirely, of the un-vaxxinated there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

If you don't know anyone who got covid at this stage in the game then you must be living a very insular life. I wouldn't know where to begin if I were to give you the full list between friends and family (not all in Ireland). 1 family death due to it so far, hopefully no more.

Managed to dodge the bullet myself thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

None of my even distant family, or any kind of friends in my circle got it either, for me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My brother and his family got it. Know a good few who tested positive. Also knew 3 who died from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

That's not entirely true. Cases surging in the highly vaccinated democrat areas.

There is also different treatment of vaccinated vs unvaccinated when it comes to testing.

Was talking to a man yesterday.

His niece tested positive.

Her husband who sleeps in the same bed every night not deemed a close contact and not tested because he's fully vaccinated.

With such a bias in testing structures, it is no wonder that "it is a pandemic of the unvaccinated "

I've a compromised immune system,yet had a heavy reaction to both doses

First slightly worse than the 2nd

No idea what it means but content to think a reaction means it's working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I wondered after and in-law claimed that his bad reaction to the first az jab was down to the fact that he had a strong immune system and that the rest of us sailed through as we had underlying health issues.

I doubt that tbh

Most people I know had bad reactions to AstraZeneca, especially the 1st

I got Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

None of our immediate family got it, but I would know people locally who had it

while I wouldn’t know then personally I would know a of few who died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

While vaccinated people can get it the vast majority do not get seriously sick. It is unvaccinated people that are now ending up in Hospital or ICU. This is really noticeable in the UK it seems which has opted up too fast.

People forget that no vaccine is 100% effective. Phizer and Moderns are 95% effective against the disease, AZ is 75-80% and J&J somewhere in the low 60's.

Therefore some vaccinated people will get it and will end up in hospital.

On not treating vaccinated people as close contacts it's a matter of marshalling you resources. It's is probably more important to test non vaccinated CC's. Maybe the incidents of disease in vaccinated CC's us so low and maybe you get a lot of false positives.

At the end of the day you have to trust the HSE and NEPHET it got us this far while we are not out if the woods yet we can see the light through the trees.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Fella I work with had a young family member test positive.... He and his wife tested negative.

I tested positive, my partner and my close contacts tested negative.

I went and got a private test... Came back negative....

The young family member who tested positive then went and got a private test... Negative as well.

The PCR test is flawed and the effects on people who are having to self isolate wrongly is severe.

The fallout from this pandemic will be severe with many missed hospital appointments and treatments.

I think NEPHET in particular get a hard time for no reason only the people criticising them don’t understand their scope.

thet are not there tasked with making recommendations to control the virus while being easy to live with.

they are there to advise what measures will 100% curb the virus irrespective of the impact on society. It’s then up to the politicians to either implement that as is or water it down to make it more palatable for the masses, but knowing it will be less effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

They get a hard time because they are an easy target, would not want to have their job anyway. Then if course you have all the far right nut jobs that have attached themselves to the anti lockdown crowd. I know they are just a very loud minority but when you have those yellow vest f**kers involved things could get dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I got moderna yesterday evening. Feeling fine. I have a small sniffle and a sore left arm. That's all.

What sort of private tests did you get PCR or antigen.

Neither test is flawed it's is there application. PCR will test positive at time even if you had the disease a few months before. Antigen pick up if you are actively infected but it has a very high false negative rate.

If the disease is very activ antigen testing is not effective in its suppression unless it is used as a repeat test. With so many false negatives many will not isolate especially if they have no symptoms. This is one of the ways the disease spreads through asymptomatic carriers.

You need 4-5 antigen over 8-10days to be sure you are not infected.

Slava Ukrainii

after a week i rang hse and cant get through , rang drs and made a note of it.

I am feeling a lot better ,but it took one to two weeks for me ,and we dont know the effects in ten years time ,

I am on hse website , found a form to report it to the H.P.R.A.. I WILL DO THAT .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

All tests PCR....

Very strange how none of my close contacts tested positive nor the toddlers parents.

Wasted time trying to contact the HSE about it....

Impossible to get through to anyone except a computer voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

The thing is it's supposedly so important that we curb spread at every chance we get. There's no evidence to suggest vaccinated people aren't spreading it asymptomatically so there is no reason why they shouldn't be treated the same.

We cant be placing our trust in those who don't follow a consistent logic. There is no consistency in nphets logic

Yes there is. Even though we have been fairly open for the last 2-3 weeks there is no serious spread. Number of cases seems to be climbing slowly. We had a spike jump from 3-500 to over 1k a few weeks ago. However cases have not jumped much above the 1k mark since then.

People are out dining and meeting other people. Any research has shown that vaccinated people do not seriously spread the disease. About a fortnight ago I was listening to the radio and there was a fear that we would hit 2k cases per week early last week. The plan was to implement a 5test antigen program for any close contacts when cases reached that number.

We have stayed a bit above the 1k mark, our vaccination program is working. The numbers do not lie. Every week we are putting 300k doses in people's arms. We are going doing walk in's from the weekend. Unless indoor dining spikes numbers next week we have this beat into a corner.

If we get good uptake in the teenagers we will hit a very high level of herd immunity before school's open

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Just got a text that I’m getting my second jab this weekend - only 2.5 weeks after the first (Pfizer) - anyone else had this happen? Isn’t the recommended time between them 4 weeks?

Mine was 4 weeks, and just after I got the second one I heard it was supposedly more effective against delta if there was an 8 week gap 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,483 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Going for my second tomorrow. 3 weeks of a gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Fully vaccinated with Astra Zeneca, eight weeks apart. Slight soreness in my arm for about five hours on second day after first vaccination, otherwise no side effects. Great efficient service at Athlone IT Vaccination Centre.

I think all the vaccines were tested with a two week window. It not that any amount time is specifically recommended it is just that to achieve a greater number with limited vaccination we spread out the doses. Now that we are getting vaccines very fast we do not want to waste them so they may have shortened the time back to what it was tested at

Slava Ukrainii

Great the younger people are being vaccinated now. Daughter registered today and eldest lad got his first shot today

Daughter got her first yesterday. No bother other than arm a bit stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I’m on immunity suppression drugs got my second pizer last week felt fine with both , a neighbour works in there and told me to drink loads of water and take panadol during the day ,

Got the 2nd dose yesterday.

Wasn't too bad yesterday. In a heap today. No energy, eyes are stinging, headache and muscle pain. Just about got meal to the cattle this morning. That's me for the day

Was that Pfizer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Got 2nd Pfizer this morning. 24 days since the first. Had a sore arm for day and a half after the first. Took 2 panadol about an hour after getting it.

Today, got jabbed at 9am and took panadol at 1. Over the last few hours they have wore off and am feeling it now. Arm sore and head/neck feeling fairly stiff as the evening rolls on. Will hit the bed shortly and see will a good sleep improve things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

was due to get my second pfizer shot today but contraccted covid 19 last sunday week im thinking that was it anyway, started getting symtoms wednesday , so Im self isolated til sunday. I was told by HSE I dont need the second jab now and am seen as fully vaccinated once I recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Supposedly 6-9 months. I guess they go the premise that after catching and recovering from covid you actually have lots more covid antibodies than the vaccine so someone with one jab and got through covid should be very strong against it in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A friend got it last march 2019 and was very sick, yet had to get vaccinated this year as she had no antibodies.

so you'd have to be tested to be sure

march 2019 or 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 BailenaMbocht

Maybe they ran fewer cycles on the PCR test after vaccines were issued. This would lower the positives enormously.

Also what your describing is a treatment and not immunity from vaccination

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mod: This is a zombie thread. Replies are a bit pointless. I'll close it down.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement