Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination how are you getting on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

you absolutely should. 3 weeks for an appointment is supposed to be the maximum.
    1850 24 1850 after 1 pm
    01 240 8787 after 1 pm

stick with the #1 option all the way to get to speak to someone. I was ringing after the 1st week, as everyone around me were getting appointments within the week. Any time I rang I was told allow 3 weeks. I rang on the 21st day, to be informed that the appointment was the following morning. No text was received.

Rang this morning, and a lady told me that I should wait for the 28 days to pass before expecting a second text.
    Then, if it doesn't arrive within the next 5 days ring for "escalation "
    That's for Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Rang this morning, and a lady told me that I should wait for the 28 days to pass before expecting a second text.
    Then, if it doesn't arrive within the next 5 days ring for "escalation "
    That's for Pfizer

I got told the same story when I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Don't think they ever had a SARS vaccine fully developed but that came back to it wouldn't pay.

Vaccines normally take a couple of years to develop and a couple of years to get approval, the difference here is as you say money was no object.

Big pharma threw everything at it because it was a guaranteed money maker and regulators expedited reviews given the pandemic.

Also disease incidence world wide made it easier to get sufficient numbers in clinical trials
    It's still impressive they got so many approved within the year and with such efficacy but it only happened because it affected 1st world countries. Take ebola as an example, it took years to get a vaccine for a much more lethal disease but globally the numbers were smaller and the countries affected were least able to pay.

These mRna vaccines are new technology never used in this way before, very untested.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got Pfizer yesterday. Arm a bit sore. Had a brutal sleep last night but that could be due to the heat. Fine otherwise so far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Got the second dose while the boards platform change was ongoing. No side effects this time so minimal side effects for both doses. Will be getting my fully vaccinated cert end of next week. 8 weeks and 2-3 days between doses.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Boards.ie Thread named "Can you laminate the digital covid cert"

Corkie and alun have posted on page 2 of the above thread, How to get your Covid cert onto a mobile phone app. Follow the links they posted, it worked a treat for me.

Thanks Corkie and Alun.

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭emaherx

Got second jab yesterday. At hay today not entirely sure if I'm just killed with the heat or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Got second moderna yesterday spiking a temperature all night didn't sleep a wink head and sinus about to explode

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

They are moving very quickly through the age groups. Eldest lad getting Pfizer on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

Get the second dose of moderna last week, arm was just a bit tender when lying on it, otherwise no problems thankfully

Very fluey since I got my second dose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Is it true that those who have a reaction to vaccine (high temp) possess a more active immune system than those who don't feel a thing.

Yea had the paracetamol and loads of water hardly able to keep eyes open

Felt bit off/tired with first,but was at small bales hay,late the night before in anticaption of being sick

Got 2nd during the week there and other than small pain in arm...no reaction atal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Eldest is 18 and she’s in for her first Jab today. She doesn’t know any of her friends who aren’t getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got notified today of my second jab on Wednesday. 3 weeks from the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got J&J at my local pharmacy two weeks ago, was a bit groggy for the day after it but happy to say it wasnt too bad. My mate got his the following day and was totally floored with it so everyone is different from it really.

glad to say I'm a good bit improved but still only 70%, zero energy, checked cattle there and had to sit down after it for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Complete nonsense, I know two people fairly bad after their first jabs and a cousin of mine got a stroke soon after her second jab, the media seem to be very silent on those stories. The thing I’ve yet to met anyone that actually got covid never mind being hospitalised because of it.

I have to laugh at people that say because there were so many experts working it and so much money thrown at it was the reason they developed them so fast but forget about the 4-7 years of testing it normally takes for a vaccine. Of course these so called vaccines were developed from 2002-2014 with no human trials and the animals that were tested didn’t fare too well after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 frenchpoodle

Hi , I read this and just want to let it be known, of my bad reaction to the second dose of pfizer vaccine

i had pain in my heart area, weakness, and fell on the floor ,felt knocked out . this was the folllowing day after a bad night too.Also a headache and numbness , very scary and got through it , felt like a heart attack was coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭kefflin

First dose headaches for the evening. Paracetamol helped.

Second dose nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

3 of herselfs cousins got Covid, all crew on board a ship her brother works on got Covid bar himself, man from this village died from Covid

I agree its unreal fast,quedtionably so,but the figures coming out from rural states in america,give reasonable credence to its success in real life......its a pandemic near entirely, of the un-vaxxinated there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

If you don't know anyone who got covid at this stage in the game then you must be living a very insular life. I wouldn't know where to begin if I were to give you the full list between friends and family (not all in Ireland). 1 family death due to it so far, hopefully no more.

Managed to dodge the bullet myself thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

None of my even distant family, or any kind of friends in my circle got it either, for me personally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement