Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination how are you getting on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Israel had over 8k cases in January and following a successful vaccination campaign reported 8 new cases yesterday.

Probably not the best country to use as a baramoter at the moment for a few reasons namely they were only dealing with the UK variant and seem very close to war. They're up to 58 cases today.
    Gaza reported 0 cases yesterday as Israel blew up their only testing site. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Probably not the best country to use as a baramoter at the moment for a few reasons namely they were only dealing with the UK variant and seem very close to war. They're up to 58 cases today.
    Gaza reported 0 cases yesterday as Israel blew up their only testing site. :(

Well you are now on the right forum to push your Ivermectin treatment so thats progress.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115678559

Well you are now on the right forum to push your Ivermectin treatment so thats progress.

One of my farmer buddies arrived over with a bottle of Schweppes for me, all the lads were taking a daily sip on the vets advice.:D
    I've used ivermectin for a skin ailment and it worked better than anything I was prescribed.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was reading there 20% of the people to be vaccinated in drogheda yesterday didn't turn up.

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I could give you all the evidence in the world about what these vaccines actually do, but for most it wouldn't matter as the TV box told you it's for your good. That's the power of programming, people simply go along with what they're told without doing any research

I'll depend on Doctors and Scientists who have spent years studying medicine, and specific sectors of medicine, to do my research for me thanks.
    If the overwhelming majority of them, by a factor of thousands to one, believe in the use of vaccines then that's good enough for me.
    If others want to be led up the garden path by people who do their research on Facebook and YouTube then off with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

It was not my vaccinator it was a medical professional. TBH most recommended health and dietary plans recommend that level of water intake.

The professionals will tell you depending on where you live(countries)that your water intake should be up to 2.2L for women and 3.7L for men.Most people seem to think that must be be pure water9excluding the water content of food.Doctors differ and patients live on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

If your stupid enough to take the vaccine then you have nobody but yourself to blame for the long term fall out from them.

Mod:

Enough! You're in the wrong thread, and in the wrong forum.

This is the thread where those who will protect you through herd immunity, discuss their experiences.

Go post in the Conspiracy Theories forum, and not here.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Where did you see that?

On lmfm Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'd say a lot more young people will decline the vaccine. I was talking to someone in their 20's recently and they said they won't take it. Hard listening , especially when a close relative of his died from it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I'd say a lot more young people will decline the vaccine. I was talking to someone in their 20's recently and they said they won't take it. Hard listening , especially when a close relative of his died from it.

An aunt of mine is refusing it too. Her brother and her cousin died from it. I suppose everyone is entitled to their own views .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When they realise they won’t be able to travel without it, most will change their mind on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dunedin

whelan2 wrote: »
    Would these vaccines be wasted?

Most likely not as once vial is not opened then it’s fine but each centre generally makes every effort to contact people as wastage are almost zero (speaking from the 6 vaccination centres that I’m involved with).

Centres slow down the opening of vials as they go into the afternoon as they envisage no shows. They are contacting people as a last minute thing also are staying late also to accommodate them all in which to avoid wastage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Shouldn't happen as you have to register for vaccination. If you were going to be vaccinated by a doctor you would hardly register.

Agree it shouldn’t happen but it is. People are being contacted by their GP even though they have appointments and they going to their GP hence no shows in the vaccination centre.

Of course this is nothing to do with the fact that the GP is getting €60 for every person they vaccinate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

_Brian wrote: »
    When they realise they won’t be able to travel without it, most will change their mind on that.

In reality having it or not won't really make any difference to anything. Could just get a negative test to travel or wait until the whole thing is eventually abandoned anyway.
    Who ever wants it will have gotten it and why anybody needs to care after that is beyond me...

Dunedin wrote: »

Of course this is nothing to do with the fact that the GP is getting €60 for every person they vaccinate!!

They need to scrap that €30 bonus for a distant consultation while they're at it. Not sure what it's like for everyone else but our local doctors as nearly impossible to get a face to face consultation with.
    They also get extra for test referrals and enquires after the test, can't remember the exact figures but it's a lucrative enough payment for not seeing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Mid twenties myself and im not rushing to take it, not ruling it out altogether but im not gonna rush to get it.

Better living everyone

It’s a game of statistics really.

The more unvaccinated humans means there are more hosts. More hosts for the virus to travel through increases likelihood of a mutation, more mutations increase the chances of a mutation that vaccines can’t control and so we’re back to square one, or worse case we end up with a worse virus.

It’s a roll of the dice until we end up with a virus that has the transmission rates of Covid19 and the death rates of MERs (~30% death rate) having large swathes of the population as unvaccinated hosts increases this likelihood.

The numbers of adverse reactions have been minuscule.

Chap that works for me was saying yesterday that he had a funny taste in his mouth for maybe 36 hours, nothing would clear it but then suddenly it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

Got Pfizer yesterday, tremendous glass of whiskey last night before bed, no side effects thank God, from either the vaccine or the whiskey
    Appointment for the second one is 3 weeks to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s a game of statistics really.

The more unvaccinated humans means there are more hosts. More hosts for the virus to travel through increases likelihood of a mutation, more mutations increase the chances of a mutation that vaccines can’t control and so we’re back to square one, or worse case we end up with a worse virus.

It’s a roll of the dice until we end up with a virus that has the transmission rates of Covid19 and the death rates of MERs (~30% death rate) having large swathes of the population as unvaccinated hosts increases this likelihood.

The real world is very different to that. Vaccinating too many people will actually increase selection pressure for mutation and at the same time give them a more favourable environment to establish and multiply in.
    Natural immunity in healthy portions of the population would actually give a very large suppressive effect on any emerging new mutations thus protecting the efficacy of the vaccine for the most vulnerable as natural immunity is very broad acting while vaccine immunity is very narrow.
    Healthy people were the least likely to be the source of the new mutations seen over the last year. Instead they most likely came from people sick over an extended period of time that were also receiving antibody therapy.

eastie17 wrote: »
    Got Pfizer yesterday, tremendous glass of whiskey last night before bed, no side effects thank God, from either the vaccine or the whiskey
    Appointment for the second one is 3 weeks to the day

I like the whiskey idea, legendary.

Brother in law got his first yesterday. He was mad busy in the garden all afternoon amd evening until it got dark, he’s expecting to be stiff amd sore from that today and so not notice any side affects.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'm up tomorrow. I'll report any observations here.
    From reading here I'm lorrying in the fluids and I'll take a couple of paracetamol maybe tomorrow beforehand. I take Vit D (5000iu / day) for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I'm up tomorrow. I'll report any observations here.
    From reading here I'm lorrying in the fluids and I'll take a couple of paracetamol maybe tomorrow beforehand. I take Vit D (5000iu / day) for what it's worth.
    I also take Vit D (2000iu) daily and have been doing so for about 6 years. I take a break from them during the Summer months but didn't last year due to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Had it yesterday evening at 4 pm. Pfizer one

Didn't take any pills as I deliberately stay away from medication. I drink plenty of water anyway so didn't change that either. No effects from it so far.
    Shoulder a little tender from the needle

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Got the Moderna one on Wednesday morning. After effects not unlike flu vaccine: bit drowsy fluey. Loaded up on paracetamol for that. Arm very tender for two days took a few Nurofen for that. OK now, second one in four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I've had to take tramadol all week for pains, walking like an ould fellow.
    Beginning to wonder is it the joint and muscle pain from the Pfizer i got a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    I also take Vit D (2000iu) daily and have been doing so for about 6 years. I take a break from them during the Summer months but didn't last year due to Covid.

GPs are recommending that to everyone once you get to a certain age.
    Even in summer they're saying the weather isn't good enough to keep up vit D levels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got the Pfizer Wednesday, didn't feel a thing.
    Said to the nurse " that must be a very fine needle you're using "
    "Ah, she says, another farmer"!
    Two staff in each cubicle, with one drawing the serum and the other visually checking the amount, etc.
    The whole set-up was well run, I thought.
    From first contact outside, where I showed photo ID and give PPS number, to exiting the centre , was 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

GP are making out like bandits on this ... they would have queues 24/7 if they were offering vaccine to all that turn up. Plus the actual vaccine is provided free gratis by the State ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Mid twenties myself and im not rushing to take it, not ruling it out altogether but im not gonna rush to get it.

What is your thinking on this? Do you feel that because you are young, you will be able to fight it off when you get it? Do you not worry that you will spread it to others, or maybe get a bad reaction your self. A lot of people, young and old, never recovered from this.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

That is selfish out of you i thought we were all in this together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement