Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ongarite wrote: »
    Group 7 people are being vaccinated by GPs in certain areas.
    I know of 2 people who got dates for vaccination from their local GP in last few days.
    One has high BMI like OP and other has asthma.

Yeah if your gp is vaccinating you are still prioritised. A lot of gps arent doing cohort 7. Some not even doing cohort 4.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

plodder wrote: »
    It's badly phrased. It might as well also say "if you have red hair" None of that is relevant. The only criteria that actually matters is age. There is definitely another pathway for high risk people under 49, but it's not through self-registration.

It is badly phrased. My reading of it now is that if for example someone is 48 years old and has a qualifying medical condition and they haven't already been vaccinated by their doctor or hospital they can register from today. All other 48 years old register from tomorrow. I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

It is badly phrased. My reading of it now is that if for example someone is 48 years old and has a qualifying medical condition and they haven't already been vaccinated by their doctor or hospital they can register from today. All other 48 years old register from tomorrow. I think!

So am I reading you correctly that the plan isn't to offer vaccination to all high-risk people, it's to give high-risk people the opportunity to register before others in their age-group?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jimmy74

For what it's worth, 46 years old here in Cohort 7,my GP is not vaccinating this cohort... Tried registering this morning online but never got a text back, I'm assuming as my age wasn't in the group, I have rang the help line this evening to try & register & was told that despite what's out there in the media Cohort 7 are not able to register yet ðŸ™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Jimmy74 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, 46 years old here in Cohort 7,my GP is not vaccinating this cohort... Tried registering this morning online but never got a text back, I'm assuming as my age wasn't in the group, I have rang the help line this evening to try & register & was told that despite what's out there in the media Cohort 7 are not able to register yet ðŸ™

So if someone is 49 and in Cohort 7 they can't register today along with other 49 year olds? :confused:

• Advertisement

You dont get any text back once registered
    You sign up,get a security text to log in to your account,alriight but thats it
    At 46 you should be able to sign up niw,just ignore the notices saying today is the day for 48 yr olds etc

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    So if someone is 49 and in Cohort 7 they can't register today along with other 49 year olds? :confused:

Basically the HSE advice yesterday was misleading
    Cohort 7's who are now in the age group to use the portal now have 3 routes to vaccine
    1 Their gp gives it
    2 Their gp refers them to an mvc
    3 sign up on the portal

Under 45s have just the 1st 2 routes

Sorry about the confusion, Yes if your in Cohort 7 & 49 years of age you can register today, but if 48 years & in cohort 7 you are unable to register until tomorrow, 47 year olds in cohort 7 can't register until Friday & 46 year olds in Cohort 7 until Saturday.
    (obviously things change on a daily basis so this information may still be valid tomorrow morning & then again it may not)

My understanding from what was press released last night was anyone from 46 to 48 in Cohort 7 could register with the 49 year olds today but that ain't true (or at least it wasn't for me today anyway).

Just wished HSE didn't mention anything about cohort 7 last night d just stuck to the age groups.

You dont get any text back once registered
    You sign up,get a security text to log in to your account,alriight but thats it
    At 46 you should be able to sign up niw,just ignore the notices saying today is the day for 48 yr olds etc

It's the security text I wasn't getting back so could not proceed any farther

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I know a guy living in the hills who has no PPS number he has never claimed a penny from the state.

Never paid a penny in income tax to the state either by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sorry about the confusion, Yes if your in Cohort 7 & 49 years of age you can register today, but if 48 years & in cohort 7 you are unable to register until tomorrow, 47 year olds in cohort 7 can't register until Friday & 46 year olds in Cohort 7 until Saturday.
    (obviously things change on a daily basis so this information may still be valid tomorrow morning & then again it may not)

My understanding from what was press released last night was anyone from 46 to 48 in Cohort 7 could register with the 49 year olds today but that ain't true (or at least it wasn't for me today anyway).

Just wished HSE didn't mention anything about cohort 7 last night d just stuck to the age groups.

Thanks for the reply

But - with Cohort 7 people - how will the portal "know" you're in Cohort 7 and give you the right vaccine?

As far as I'm aware some Cohort 7 conditions aren't suited to AZ and Pfizer

Does your GP need to refer you to the portal in a different way?

Thanks for the reply

But - with Cohort 7 people - how will the portal "know" you're in Cohort 7 and give you the right vaccine?

As far as I'm aware some Cohort 7 conditions aren't suited to AZ and Pfizer

Does your GP need to refer you to the portal in a different way?

Sorry ShineOn7, honestly I have no idea of an answer to any of your 3 questions...

All I'm aware of is 46 to 49 year olds will be given pzifer or moderna, if those is not available then you will be offered the others but you can refuse those.

I am open to correction on that but that is my understanding of the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tDw6u1bj wrote:
    *They aren't doing any more first doses *They weren't vaccinating people in cohort 7 *People with BMI between 35 and 40 weren't going in cohort 7 unless they had another medical issue *they had no way of putting me forward to get vaccinated

Daughters bf is late 20s and same bmi. He has other conditions too. His GP told him to register online and give his age as 70 or over. His GP was able to give him first dose of Pfizer within days & is getting 2nd dose tomorrow. I can't explain why but he was able to get vaccine far quicker as over 70s.

Friend is 55 or 56 with heart condition. He is 22 stone with other conditions. The earliest his GP can get vacation for him is "possibly" 8th June. Had he registered as a guy in his 50s he would have gotten his first dose earlier this week on the age group system rather than the underlying condition.

It's all fecked up in my opinion. What the government is saying publicly isn't necessarily what is happening on the ground. Doctors encouraging patients to lie about age to get vacancies they should be getting anyway or my friend with underlying issues getting vaccine far later than if he just registered online is not the picture that the HSE or government has painted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Daughters bf is late 20s and same bmi. He has other conditions too. His GP told him to register online and give his age as 70 or over. His GP was able to give him first dose of Pfizer within days & is getting 2nd dose tomorrow. I can't explain why but he was able to get vaccine far quicker as over 70s.

Friend is 55 or 56 with heart condition. He is 22 stone with other conditions. The earliest his GP can get vacation for him is "possibly" 8th June. Had he registered as a guy in his 50s he would have gotten his first dose earlier this week on the age group system rather than the underlying condition.

It's all fecked up in my opinion. What the government is saying publicly isn't necessarily what is happening on the ground. Doctors encouraging patients to lie about age to get vacancies they should be getting anyway or my friend with underlying issues getting vaccine far later than if he just registered online is not the picture that the HSE or government has painted

So anyone can register as an over 70 and get an early vaccine?

Fr_Dougal wrote:
    So anyone can register as an over 70 and get an early vaccine?

Over 70s got their vaccine from their GP. Obviously the GP knows your real age. I doubt many GPS will do this for healthy patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Aged 47 Cohort 7, Doctor rang me last week with appointment and was done yesterday in Doctors surgery

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

tDw6u1bj wrote: »
    So am I reading you correctly that the plan isn't to offer vaccination to all high-risk people, it's to give high-risk people the opportunity to register before others in their age-group?

That would be my reading of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Daughter had vaccine today . Cohort 7 age 35 referred by her consultant to City West .

I am 60 and got my vaccine a couple of weeks ago on age basis. However I have quite the medical history with cardiac issues and some mo this ago my GP said to me I would need to get the vaccine as soon as possible etc. However most of my experience with feeling with the formidable and most often incompetent gatekeepers of the practice doesn't fill me with confidence, so I didn't even attempt to approach them regarding getting vaccinated under cohort 7. My own GP is only sometimes available and very much of the time an unsatisfactory doctor is the one who has taken on much of my dealings with the practice during the Covid period. She hasn't a clue about my medical issues, eg, I have to remind her I have no colon any time I deal with her when it is of relevance, she's just not interested in knowing patients. So I just took my chances and waited and glad to have my first shot now.

I've heard of others having very proactive GPs who seem to personally go through lists themselves and phone up their patients to refer them, but it isn't the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Not all GP's are vaccinating but if you ever have been with a different GP you could just ring them. I did that and one I use occasionally was. You can ask for a cancellation appointment or fill in the form and put other for illness or disability. I have heard of a lot of people in my area who got vaccinated by GP and would not be in cohort 7, they just rang and got a cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Daughter had vaccine today . Cohort 7 age 35 referred by her consultant to City West .

Same here for myself, referral from consultant. It was very quiet. I asked one of the staff and they mentioned before lunch was all consultant referrals and half were no shows (as their GP had vaccinated them or they were done via age etc... Text appointment didn't give an option to cancel)
    But after lunch was the portal, so I'm sure they were busy then.

Reading on the vaccine appointment thread and there have been a few no shows earlier in the week but today the turnout was so bad the the centres contacted local GPS. The GPS rang as many patients from all age groups and told them to get to the vaccine centre immediately if they wanted a vaccine today. It seems the rain put off people attending their appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭plodder

My daughter (cohort 7) got an appointment today for next week with the GP after a couple of weeks of asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

have a relative is 62 underlying cant get an appointment missed a previous, gp said they only doing 59 or below with underlying HSE have told him to go back to gp
    Is there any private options? here or NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

agoodpunt wrote: »
    have a relative is 62 underlying cant get an appointment gp said they only doing 59 or below with underlying HSE have told him to go back to gp

He can still register on the portal and go that route .

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

My family's GP seems to be vaccinating anyone. Most of my cousins have got their first shot with him aged between 29-45. He must have a lot spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

agoodpunt wrote: »
    have a relative is 62 underlying cant get an appointment missed a previous, gp said they only doing 59 or below with underlying HSE have told him to go back to gp

He can register on the portal.
    It will take anyone's details. Underlying conditions isn't just via the GPs.

There are no private options for this.

Gp's in Arklow are saying that the pathway to refer cohort 7 to an mvc does not exist yet

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Can confirm that no GP referral pathway exists for cohort 4 & 7.
    Working here a GP office and have a list of approx 50 people that we have been trying to refer for last month.
    We have been banging our head off brick wall with no reply from HSE.

Patients getting very angry on the phones as they have been skipped over by less ill people.

Rumor was that a pathway was ready to go live last weekend until the hack happened.

The portal system is working very well but i feel they have dropped the ball on this cohort.

I will post back if / when a referral path does go live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

My family's GP seems to be vaccinating anyone. Most of my cousins have got their first shot with him aged between 29-45. He must have a lot spare.

Hmmm... where is this GP? Maybe we can register with him and get vaccinated?

Advertisement