Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Moving house. Not in contract. Can I get a new deal or does my account come with me? Partner is also on account. Might just remove her. She can sign up when we move. Does the switching from one Person to another every year actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭newincity

Are they offering anything these days? I am on 65 Euro for a 350 Mbps Broadband only plan and out of contract.
    1 Gbps plan available but I called up and they simply denied to any offer,

Is there any hope if I ask for cancellation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭CoBo55

newincity wrote: »
    Are they offering anything these days? I am on 65 Euro for a 350 Mbps Broadband only plan and out of contract.
    1 Gbps plan available but I called up and they simply denied to any offer,

Always go for cancellation I'm on 6 months half price couldn't get them to budge from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

newincity wrote: »
    This thread is called "Virgin Media Cancellation deals" for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Moving house. Not in contract. Can I get a new deal or does my account come with me? Partner is also on account. Might just remove her. She can sign up when we move. Does the switching from one Person to another every year actually work?

Get a new "improved" contract for new house.
    Would also remove the OH off it as that will give you more room to chop and change.
    People on here have done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭iHungry

GBX wrote: »
    Finally gonna cancel and sign up with my wifes name. Got offer of half price for 6 months €44 then €89. Works out at €66.50 pm over 12 months that's keeping current horizon box. If I sign up with herselfs name, I can get the new box and its €62pm.

Cool I might do this. I didn't think that was possible at the same address. Let me get this right. You are able to cancel with virgin and resigning using your wife's details as a new customer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

iHungry wrote: »
    Cool I might do this. I didn't think that was possible at the same address. Let me get this right. You are able to cancel with virgin and resigning using your wife's details as a new customer?

I must answer this every cupla weeks here. Yes you cancel one account and re-sign in the other person's name, no issues. Equipment sent out straight away and account live then.

I must answer this every cupla weeks here. Yes you cancel one account and re-sign in the other person's name, no issues. Equipment sent out straight away and account live then.

Appreciate the reply, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Gerlad

Apologies for thread hijack but do you know if this is the case for Vodafone also?

Was on to Virgin this morning. For broadband only they offered me 250mb for €30x9 & €60x3 so average is €37.50 a month. Happy enough with that!!

• Advertisement

Was on to Virgin this morning. For broadband only they offered me 250mb for €30x9 & €60x3 so average is €37.50 a month. Happy enough with that!!

Nice one, never got the 9 months myself.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Nice one, never got the 9 months myself.

Yeah I'm quite surprised I got it. I have been paying full price for longer than I should have. Might be the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Got 9 at half, 3 at full. 500MB BB, TV, phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone know roughly how much it'd be to add a TV package to BB package? Doesn't give me any of the deals online as an existing customer so I was thinking of ringing them up

Anyone know roughly how much it'd be to add a TV package to BB package? Doesn't give me any of the deals online as an existing customer so I was thinking of ringing them up

Had a look myself but no joy, what a new customer can get for €90 they're wanting €144+25 installation from me, they can feck off...

Had a look myself but no joy, what a new customer can get for €90 they're wanting €144+25 installation from me, they can feck off...

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, might give them a ring see can they do something for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

probably cancel and move to sky is there much difference in the broadband between the 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Gerlad

mean gene wrote: »
    probably cancel and move to sky is there much difference in the broadband between the 2

I just switched to sky broadband during the week and it’s 100%. 500mb BB + TV for €52 pm.

Got a text from them today offering me a tenner off... God that's big of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Got a text from them today offering me a tenner off... God that's big of them..

Wooohooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

So I don't know if Mobile is for this forum.

But I want to cancel my phone contract and move elsewhere. Is there any cancelation deals at the moment anyone has been offered?

I pay 50 per month there for a phone and bill.

VF are doing a similar deal to Virgin, but I don't like virgins attitude customer service wise.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

*already answered*

My parents have been contacted by VM regarding Sky Sports no longer working on the older TV box. They've been told that they will lose sky sports as a result at the end of June, if they want to keep it it'll cost more as it would be with the 360 box. Surely this is VM breaking the contract as they're removing the service or increasing the price? Anyone else been informed of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My parents have been contacted by VM regarding Sky Sports no longer working on the older TV box. They've been told that they will lose sky sports as a result at the end of June, if they want to keep it it'll cost more as it would be with the 360 box. Surely this is VM breaking the contract as they're removing the service or increasing the price? Anyone else been informed of this.

My parents also had that letter this week. I didn’t contact VM as they have a few boxes and I wasn’t sure if it was just one. But no it’s all of them. So they’ve given me a new price, which in fairness is actually a few eur cheaper than the current price but that price is actually so high. I was planning on calling shortly to try get a half price deal
    But guessing they may not give that on a 360 box. Will see!

Wonder are those "new" contracts now with a 12 month minimum term?

I was due to be out of contract next week, was on 60 pm for 250 BB, TV 50 and phone. Rang two weeks ago and the offers they gave were poor e.g. 15 off the new higher price of 89 for 6 months etc I said just put through cancellation. Was gonna sign up under OH instead.

They texted last Thurs and asked what could they do to keep me. I said half price for 9 months and full for three. All sorted within ten minutes. New box being delivered today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've already cancelled with VM. Got a text off a rep asking was there anything they could do. Said my piece and got an automated reply as if id contacted their customer care - reply 1 for accounts, 2 tech support. Nothing since. They are brutal at times.

I've already cancelled with VM. Got a text off a rep asking was there anything they could do. Said my piece and got an automated reply as if id contacted their customer care - reply 1 for accounts, 2 tech support. Nothing since. They are brutal at times.

I'd text them back on that, they'll probably have the previous text on file for you anyway id say.

• Advertisement

sillysocks wrote: »
    My parents also had that letter this week. I didn’t contact VM as they have a few boxes and I wasn’t sure if it was just one. But no it’s all of them. So they’ve given me a new price, which in fairness is actually a few eur cheaper than the current price but that price is actually so high. I was planning on calling shortly to try get a half price deal
    But guessing they may not give that on a 360 box. Will see!

Ya my father got onto them but wasn't getting good deals, paying more I think or minimally less.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

I was due to be out of contract next week, was on 60 pm for 250 BB, TV 50 and phone. Rang two weeks ago and the offers they gave were poor e.g. 15 off the new higher price of 89 for 6 months etc I said just put through cancellation. Was gonna sign up under OH instead.

They texted last Thurs and asked what could they do to keep me. I said half price for 9 months and full for three. All sorted within ten minutes. New box being delivered today.
    Is that €30pm for the 250bb, tv and phone for 9 months?
    If so, that’s a great deal, fair play.

Reg_hurley wrote: »
    Is that €30pm for the 250bb, tv and phone for 9 months?
    If so, that’s a great deal, fair play.

Christ no. Off the price increase due after 12 months was up. On 46 for 9 and 92 for 3 now as I took the 360 box too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Christ no. Off the price increase due after 12 months was up. On 46 for 9 and 92 for 3 now as I took the 360 box too.
    Ah ok. Still a good deal.

I'd text them back on that, they'll probably have the previous text on file for you anyway id say.

Had text them back and got told to ring cancellations dept. I've already signed up in the wife's name now. So new contract at the cheaper cost. Newer box as well. Sorted for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Rang up today to inquire about returning equipment (2 Modems; Actavo don't care for the cables/plugs) & inquired about would I be considered a new customer since, despite my account still being on their system I was out of contract when my notice expired & lo + behold that I am; think I finished up 5th or 6th of March so two months gone.

250 MB deal is €30 Activation Fee as standard & €45 for 12 Months before going back up to €60.

360 is 50 for 12 & 65 after that.

Fair sure I'll stay gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭EarWig

€40 for 12 months, 250mb........on the website, online exclusive.

Had text them back and got told to ring cancellations dept. I've already signed up in the wife's name now. So new contract at the cheaper cost. Newer box as well. Sorted for another year.

One thing for anybody changing names. I ordered a new package in the wife's name but used my bank details (done through Bonkers). They rang her and said because the name on the bank details was different to the account name, it would not be processed. I reordered using her bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

EarWig wrote: »
    €40 for 12 months, 250mb........on the website, online exclusive.

move on to VD if you can

Bundle

500 Fibre Broadband

€30.00 for 12 months €60.00 thereafter
    Up to 500Mbps download speeds
    Unlimited broadband downloads
    12 month contract

Free installation (depending on geographic location)

Free Gigabox modem and app
    For terms see here and for other charges see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Mav11

you2008 wrote: »
    move on to VD if you can

What's VD? No smart answers please!!

Mav11 wrote: »
    What's VD? No smart answers please!!

Vodafone I assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Mav11

Vodafone I assume

Maybe!

I can't get a phone line installed in this complex so I have to stay with virgin and they know that,

If I cancelled at the end of the contract and signed up in the missus's name would there be any interruption of service?

I can't get a phone line installed in this complex so I have to stay with virgin and they know that,

If I cancelled at the end of the contract and signed up in the missus's name would there be any interruption of service?

Not as long as you're organised doing it. Once you order you'll have it within two days usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

you2008 wrote: »
    move on to VD if you can

Bundle

500 Fibre Broadband

€30.00 for 12 months €60.00 thereafter
    Up to 500Mbps download speeds
    Unlimited broadband downloads
    12 month contract

Free installation (depending on geographic location)

Free Gigabox modem and app
    For terms see here and for other charges see here

This is who I moved to when VM wouldn't give me a half decent deal. Free calls to the UK added-on and they waived the €50 installation cost too. They're due to install on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Very nice, did you have to threaten cancelling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

So they offered me €45 for 6 months and €60 for 6 after 1 year contract for the 250Mbit package, I am out of contract on 240Mbit and pay €63

I feel like I can get more off though.

Also I have their €25 month mobile unlimted SIM offer from years ago, I want to get the €15 offer now.

Tbh I probably will just cancel everything and get the other half to sign up as new customer to make it easier.

Did I hear that they have some kind of timeout on same address setting up accounts etc? I remember reading this years ago but it sounds like bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So they offered me €45 for 6 months and €60 for 6 after 1 year contract for the 250Mbit package, I am out of contract on 240Mbit and pay €63

I feel like I can get more off though.

Also I have their €25 month mobile unlimted SIM offer from years ago, I want to get the €15 offer now.

Tbh I probably will just cancel everything and get the other half to sign up as new customer to make it easier.

Did I hear that they have some kind of timeout on same address setting up accounts etc? I remember reading this years ago but it sounds like bollix

Might depend on who you get in Customer Care but I finished up with Virgin on 6th of March.

Rang back recently out of curiosity & they said I'd be considered a new customer; about 2 months on so signing up in your OHs name shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭Patser

Just got an email from Virgin saying they're putting up our package price by €4 from August.

Interesting that that's 3 months notice, but usually that leads to a frenzy in here of cancellations and last minute discounts.

Anyone else get an increase?

Patser wrote: »
    Just got an email from Virgin saying they're putting up our package price by €4 from August.

Interesting that that's 3 months notice, but usually that leads to a frenzy in here of cancellations and last minute discounts.

Anyone else get an increase?

If the increase voids your contract it leads to a frenzy otherwise you just have to suck it up.
    Siro doing great work here I hope it will be live when my contract ends, power is off next Friday to facilitate the installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭Patser

If the increase voids your contract it leads to a frenzy otherwise you just have to suck it up.
    Siro doing great work here I hope it will be live when my contract ends, power is off next Friday to facilitate the installation.

Yep, pretty much does, and says so 'Change to contract' is title of email, and usual thing of if you want to cancel you can but please contact loyalty 1st.

So I'll have to start that good old dance of cancel, please stay, offer more, ok here you go

• Advertisement
Advertisement