Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

sillysocks wrote: »
    My parents also had that letter this week. I didn’t contact VM as they have a few boxes and I wasn’t sure if it was just one. But no it’s all of them. So they’ve given me a new price, which in fairness is actually a few eur cheaper than the current price but that price is actually so high. I was planning on calling shortly to try get a half price deal
    But guessing they may not give that on a 360 box. Will see!

Ya my father got onto them but wasn't getting good deals, paying more I think or minimally less.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

I was due to be out of contract next week, was on 60 pm for 250 BB, TV 50 and phone. Rang two weeks ago and the offers they gave were poor e.g. 15 off the new higher price of 89 for 6 months etc I said just put through cancellation. Was gonna sign up under OH instead.

They texted last Thurs and asked what could they do to keep me. I said half price for 9 months and full for three. All sorted within ten minutes. New box being delivered today.
    Is that €30pm for the 250bb, tv and phone for 9 months?
    If so, that’s a great deal, fair play.

Reg_hurley wrote: »
    Is that €30pm for the 250bb, tv and phone for 9 months?
    If so, that’s a great deal, fair play.

Christ no. Off the price increase due after 12 months was up. On 46 for 9 and 92 for 3 now as I took the 360 box too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Christ no. Off the price increase due after 12 months was up. On 46 for 9 and 92 for 3 now as I took the 360 box too.
    Ah ok. Still a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd text them back on that, they'll probably have the previous text on file for you anyway id say.

Had text them back and got told to ring cancellations dept. I've already signed up in the wife's name now. So new contract at the cheaper cost. Newer box as well. Sorted for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Rang up today to inquire about returning equipment (2 Modems; Actavo don't care for the cables/plugs) & inquired about would I be considered a new customer since, despite my account still being on their system I was out of contract when my notice expired & lo + behold that I am; think I finished up 5th or 6th of March so two months gone.

250 MB deal is €30 Activation Fee as standard & €45 for 12 Months before going back up to €60.

360 is 50 for 12 & 65 after that.

Fair sure I'll stay gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭EarWig

€40 for 12 months, 250mb........on the website, online exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »
    Had text them back and got told to ring cancellations dept. I've already signed up in the wife's name now. So new contract at the cheaper cost. Newer box as well. Sorted for another year.

One thing for anybody changing names. I ordered a new package in the wife's name but used my bank details (done through Bonkers). They rang her and said because the name on the bank details was different to the account name, it would not be processed. I reordered using her bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

EarWig wrote: »
    €40 for 12 months, 250mb........on the website, online exclusive.

move on to VD if you can

Bundle

500 Fibre Broadband

€30.00 for 12 months €60.00 thereafter
    Up to 500Mbps download speeds
    Unlimited broadband downloads
    12 month contract

Free installation (depending on geographic location)

Free Gigabox modem and app
    For terms see here and for other charges see here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

you2008 wrote: »
    move on to VD if you can

What's VD? No smart answers please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Mav11 wrote: »
    What's VD? No smart answers please!!

Vodafone I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

Vodafone I assume

Maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I can't get a phone line installed in this complex so I have to stay with virgin and they know that,

If I cancelled at the end of the contract and signed up in the missus's name would there be any interruption of service?

I can't get a phone line installed in this complex so I have to stay with virgin and they know that,

If I cancelled at the end of the contract and signed up in the missus's name would there be any interruption of service?

Not as long as you're organised doing it. Once you order you'll have it within two days usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

you2008 wrote: »
    move on to VD if you can

Bundle

500 Fibre Broadband

€30.00 for 12 months €60.00 thereafter
    Up to 500Mbps download speeds
    Unlimited broadband downloads
    12 month contract

Free installation (depending on geographic location)

Free Gigabox modem and app
    For terms see here and for other charges see here

This is who I moved to when VM wouldn't give me a half decent deal. Free calls to the UK added-on and they waived the €50 installation cost too. They're due to install on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

iHungry wrote: »
    Was on to Virgin this morning. For broadband only they offered me 250mb for €30x9 & €60x3 so average is €37.50 a month. Happy enough with that!!

Very nice, did you have to threaten cancelling?

So they offered me €45 for 6 months and €60 for 6 after 1 year contract for the 250Mbit package, I am out of contract on 240Mbit and pay €63

I feel like I can get more off though.

Also I have their €25 month mobile unlimted SIM offer from years ago, I want to get the €15 offer now.

Tbh I probably will just cancel everything and get the other half to sign up as new customer to make it easier.

Did I hear that they have some kind of timeout on same address setting up accounts etc? I remember reading this years ago but it sounds like bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So they offered me €45 for 6 months and €60 for 6 after 1 year contract for the 250Mbit package, I am out of contract on 240Mbit and pay €63

Also I have their €25 month mobile unlimted SIM offer from years ago, I want to get the €15 offer now.

Tbh I probably will just cancel everything and get the other half to sign up as new customer to make it easier.

Did I hear that they have some kind of timeout on same address setting up accounts etc? I remember reading this years ago but it sounds like bollix

Might depend on who you get in Customer Care but I finished up with Virgin on 6th of March.

Rang back recently out of curiosity & they said I'd be considered a new customer; about 2 months on so signing up in your OHs name shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Patser

Just got an email from Virgin saying they're putting up our package price by €4 from August.

Interesting that that's 3 months notice, but usually that leads to a frenzy in here of cancellations and last minute discounts.

Anyone else get an increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Patser wrote: »
    Just got an email from Virgin saying they're putting up our package price by €4 from August.

Interesting that that's 3 months notice, but usually that leads to a frenzy in here of cancellations and last minute discounts.

If the increase voids your contract it leads to a frenzy otherwise you just have to suck it up.
    Siro doing great work here I hope it will be live when my contract ends, power is off next Friday to facilitate the installation.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    If the increase voids your contract it leads to a frenzy otherwise you just have to suck it up.
    Siro doing great work here I hope it will be live when my contract ends, power is off next Friday to facilitate the installation.

Yep, pretty much does, and says so 'Change to contract' is title of email, and usual thing of if you want to cancel you can but please contact loyalty 1st.

So I'll have to start that good old dance of cancel, please stay, offer more, ok here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What package are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yep, pretty much does, and says so 'Change to contract' is title of email, and usual thing of if you want to cancel you can but please contact loyalty 1st.

So I'll have to start that good old dance of cancel, please stay, offer more, ok here you go

What timeframe are they giving to allow you out of your contract? I'm seriously considering going with digiweb fttc and upgrading to ftth as soon as it's available. I'll be paying over €71 for 360 bb, that's just nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭EarWig

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What timeframe are they giving to allow you out of your contract? I'm seriously considering going with digiweb fttc and upgrading to ftth as soon as it's available. I'll be paying over €71 for 360 bb, that's just nuts!!
    I'm assuming it's a new contract from August, so we can cancel anytime from the new contract commencing.

EarWig wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's a new contract from August, so we can cancel anytime from the new contract commencing.

Pretty much this, they said I can cancel until August 28th.

We've TV and broadband with them, which is rapidly approaching €100 a month and that's without any premium stiff like Sky sports etc or the new box.

With their annual increases over previous years i usually got 6 or 9 months half price, but the rise still kicked in at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Same story here, paying the same price each month. Got also the same offer - said no for now and considering switching to Vodafone as their similar offer is about half the price.

IQO wrote: »
    Same story here, paying the same price each month. Got also the same offer - said no for now and considering switching to Vodafone as their similar offer is about half the price.

I have to give Virgin guy credit he was negotiating well.

It pisses me of that they won't give me the same as New customer offer, it's feck all money but it's just the principle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

IQO wrote: »

Switched to Vodafone for €30 per month as no decent offer from VM. It was installed on Thursday, very impressed with the speeds so far, much quicker using speedtest then VM offly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Duit

Same story here. We are on 250mb Broadband. I called and they offered 15€ discount for 6 months and 60€ for the rest of 6 months. Last year I got 9 months 50% off but I didn't want to push it too much. I took it as the competitors in our area offer really bad speed connections. Most neighbours are with VM because is the best option. Hopefully we will get Siro at some point and things change...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Got an EMAIL yesterday my broadband was going up €4 PM
    Stated it does not affect anyone on offers which Im on..
    Keep an eye out in your SPAM box
    Might be away of renegotiating your contract !

Advertisement