Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 4 : Spanish Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

100 pole positions for Hamilton. Bottas and verstappen didn’t do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Bit of an anticlimax there. Top 3 didn't go any faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Harika wrote: »
    Same game with second red bull.

With all the admiration of Perez last year and all the damnation of Bottas. Fourth race and he is again in a position to assist Hamilton while Perez is nowhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Still we rise guys, still we rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Crofty going off like Perez was going to snatch pole and going mad when he “couldn’t beat” Lewis.

Sergio was a second off the pace. Was never in fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Another great result for Ocon, qualifying fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

interesting , Very good from Ocon and Charles L .

The rest was flat again . Second weekend where only on or 2 in the final run improved

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fair play to Hamilton, I didn't see that coming! The harder Red Bull try they just seem to come up oh so short......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭waynescales1

And once again Verstappen has to battle both Mercs without help from his teammate. RB will again be on the strategic backfoot on race day.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

100 poles for Lewis, Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Inquitus wrote: »
    Fair play to Hamilton, I didn't see that coming! The harder Red Bull try they just seem to come up oh so short......

Yes, very disappointing alright. Now we will have to endure the most biased commentary know to man. I’m hopeful that Max can win tomorrow and save F1 from a complete implosion due to the Mercedes car advantage.

2011 wrote: »
    I’m hopeful that Max can win tomorrow and save F1 from a complete implosion due to the Mercedes car advantage.

I really don't think Merc have a car advantage any more, I think the RB and Silver Arrows are very finely matched this season and results have turned on the smallest of things and hopefully continue too as well!

Does Pedro De La Rosa have a twin brother named Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The first two races this year were phenomenal and it did actually look like a decent season was on the cards.
    Last week in Portugal and now this qualifying, and it looks like business as usual. Ominous and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I really don't think Merc have a car advantage any more, I think the RB and Silver Arrows are very finely matched this season and results have turned on the smallest of things and hopefully continue too as well!

The Red Bull with Max behind the wheel is a match for the Merc. Perez once again nowhere near the front to help his teammate.

Should Max have stayed where he was and gone for a clean pole lap instead of racing up to be behind the 2 Mercedes .

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Red Bull with Max behind the wheel is a match for the Merc. Perez once again nowhere near the front to help his teammate.

I agree, but that's a problem Red Bull have created themselves and you can't blame anyone else for that. They have built their car soo much around Max they have been unable to unearth anyone since Danny Ric who could get the same out of the car as Max does. If RB had their own Bottas they'd be laughing, someone who can put the car reliably on the front 2 rows, get the odd Pole here and there and give the team a level tactical playing field each GP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit like last week when nobody really improved in their second lap, perez making things difficult again for himself for the race. Ocon quietly motoring along the last couple weeks and Danny ric with a bit of redemption after last week

I agree, but that's a problem Red Bull have created themselves and you can't blame anyone else for that. They have built their car soo much around Max they have been unable to unearth anyone since Danny Ric who could get the same out of the car as Max does. If RB had their own Bottas they'd be laughing, someone who can put the car reliably on the front 2 rows, get the odd Pole here and there and give the team a level tactical playing field each GP weekend.

Ricciardo leaving RB is a move that worked for nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

What a great point about Bottas. He consistently qualifies near or on the front row. He gets a lot of stick from a lot of people including me but putting it into perspective compared to Red Bull as a team well said.

• Advertisement

Ricciardo leaving RB is a move that worked for nobody.

Bar ricciardos Bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

klose wrote: »
    Bar ricciardos Bank account
    I think he got paid more at Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hopefully we get a decent scrap between Max and Lewis at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,980 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Another way to look at is to see how you rank bottas and Perez against each other as drivers, And then see how they're doing against each other. Given that perez isn't looking fast and bottas is well ahead of him, either bottas is a lot faster than Perez or the Mercedes is faster than RB.

I think the Mercedes is considerably faster and max is making the cars look similar by driving it so well. I think that also explains why gasley and Albon have performed so poorly in the second car. I think those lads reflect the car's pace in the hands of normal decent drivers. But max makes it look like they're messing up.

Red bull want to believe they're making brilliant cars so they take it out on the second driver. I think it only looks close because is max making up the difference between the cars.

Another way to look at is to see how you rank bottas and Perez against each other as drivers, And then see how they're doing against each other. Given that perez isn't looking fast and bottas is well ahead of him, either bottas is a lot faster than Perez or the Mercedes is faster than RB.

I think the Mercedes is considerably faster and max is making the cars look similar by driving it so well. I think that also explains why gasley and Albon have performed so poorly in the second car. I think those lads reflect the car's pace in the hands of normal decent drivers. But max makes it look like they're messing up.

Red bull want to believe they're making brilliant cars so they take it out on the second driver. I think it only looks close because is max making up the difference between the cars.

How do you explain Danny Ric's performances against Max then? In the same car?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11363892/daniel-ricciardo-v-max-verstappen-two-years-as-red-bull-team-mates

skysports-ricciardo-verstappen_4304629.png?20180509114644

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The first two races this year were phenomenal and it did actually look like a decent season was on the cards.
    Last week in Portugal and now this qualifying, and it looks like business as usual. Ominous and disappointing.

1:16.741 to a 1:16.777, not sure why that is either ominous or disappointing. It was nearly 5 times that gap last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Perez has one pole position to his credit, does he not? I think neither Albon nor Gasly came close to managing that for RB. So, Perez is a significant upgrade on those two although a bit flaky and prone to making the odd silly mistake like today's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,980 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

How do you explain Danny Ric's performances against Max then? In the same car?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11363892/daniel-ricciardo-v-max-verstappen-two-years-as-red-bull-team-mates

skysports-ricciardo-verstappen_4304629.png?20180509114644

I dont explain it. Explain it how? It's a while ago now. If I were to describe it I'd say they were pretty similar over their two seasons (Ric slightly ahead by most metrics) together when max was a relative rookie.

What's the point you're making about today's cars?

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1391071385263484930?s=19

Not that it makes any difference as he was last anyways, but another penalty point on his licence before the 4th race has even started, is it 12 points to getting a suspension? Fitipaldi will be getting another spin you'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Was that for blocking Lando . Cause there were a few others involved in That and he had zero choice really but to try push .

Advertisement