Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 4 : Spanish Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dan Ric really struggling to adapt.
    Found that the BBC commentary of the free practice sessions is available on the BBC sounds app without regional restrictions. I make no secret that I'm a fan of Ben Edwards' commentary and he really gelled with the team like a duck to water.

Anyway during that commentary Andrew Benson (yes I know) made an interesting observation. The Mercedes engine revs higher than the Renault and Ferrari engines and that could be what Ricc and Vettel are struggling with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What's the Merc v Red Bull thoughts so far, nip and tuck again? Gonna depend on qually and race tactics or is a stronger car beginning to emerge? Was working all day and didn't get to see any of FP.

Did they go and reduce the biggest braking zone on the circuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Nice to see the two Alpines up in 4th and 5th in FP2. Hope they can keep up the good form.
    Hope Vettel has a good weekend this weekend.
    Hope Red Bull and Max can put it up to Mercedes and that we get exciting Qualifying and race sessions.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

flazio wrote: »
    The Mercedes engine revs higher than the Renault and Ferrari engines and that could be what Ricc and Vettel are struggling with.

Norris is dealing fine with a Mercedes engine having been with a Renault engine last year

He's not dealing with everything else that comes with a new car I suppose but it's not the only issue Vettel and Ricciardo are dealing with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Any chance of rain this weekend in Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Nope , clear skies for the race

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No rain in Spain, the race will be plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

FP3 is interesting. Real mix of fast laps going in. Gonna be hard to call who ends up where in Qualy, except for Haas.

Ferrari in the mix with Merc and RB.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

E03GcIrWQAEQ_j0?format=jpg&name=medium

The end of that session had big jump in times.

Ferrari do look completive .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,974 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Joeface wrote: »
    All the movers have been a bit hit and Miss , Both Alonso and Ric have been poor in qual but actually had good race days.
    Sainz is the mover that has progressed the best. Perez is still unknown to me . Vettel has improved but has nothing to show for it .

This was my cut off race for excuses because of the shortened winter testing I figured they would need at least 4 races to adapt and show improvement . After this weekend I think really they should be improved enough to be completive.

Even more so at this track as they all have spent lifetimes testing here.

4 races is a fair length of time to make an initial assessment -norris is significantly fastest overall than Ric up to this point. But we'll just have to see how the season plays out. If Ric is up to speed with Norris by half way through the season then we'd have to make another assessment along the lines of "he failed to get up to speed with norris quickly, but now they're at a similar pace".

The early results are in. But we'll just have to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭klose

4 races/3 odd months is plenty time to get up to speed, but is Monaco the circuit where you'd want to be making calls on weather a driver will get up to speed or not?

klose wrote: »
    4 races/3 odd months is plenty time to get up to speed, but is Monaco the circuit where you'd want to be making calls on weather a driver will get up to speed or not?

it doesn't really have anything to do with the circuit , its where you kinda have to stop saying they are not use x y and z in the car . I had extra time for them as it was not just new cars , it was new engines for some of them as well , eg Riccardo and Vettel never used Mercedes engine , Perez never used the Honda and Redbull car has shown to be difficult for drivers to adapt to . Alonso has been way for a long enough time and age is starting to be against him . Sainz was going a team that was not suppose to be in the running and also going form a pretty damn good Mclaren car . ( he has adapted the best as far as I can see)
    I was been Kind to all

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh there’s turn 13 and 14.

Qualifying delayed by ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Qualifying delayed by ten minutes.

What happened? I see them fixing a barrier

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Someone had an off in a low cat race earlier. 10 minute delay

Ryano87 wrote: »
    What happened? I see them fixing a barrier

Crash during a support race damaged the barrier and it needed more time to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did Crofty say Ted is away? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Where's Ted??

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »

He did.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Crofty having the top bants with Simon Roberts there. Sounded like Simon couldn't get away quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

This delay will hurt Formula e viewership for the Monaco race at 15:04.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Mercedes faster on the Mediums than the Red Bulls on the Softs, interesting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inquitus wrote: »
    Mercedes faster on the Mediums than the Red Bulls on the Softs, interesting!

Depressing more like.

Disaster for Norris. That stupid set of corners.

This delay will hurt Formula e viewership for the Monaco race at 15:04.

Aye'll we'll miss the start watching the final Q3 laps :( What channel is the Formula-E on please? Is it watchable on TV without having a BT or Sky Sports Package?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

There'll be a few final laps ruined here

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭CptMonkey

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye'll we'll miss the start watching the final Q3 laps :( What channel is the Formula-E on please? Is it watchable on TV without having a BT or Sky Sports Package?

Think it’s on Eurosport and virgin sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Why is Angela Cullen always in around Lewis car? Surely the mechanics must get pissed off trying to run around her all the time

Advertisement