Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options
  • 03-02-2020 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭

loki_logo_6k_fin.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins the cast.

There is talk that Lady Loki will feature in the show.

Richard E Grant & Owen Wilson have joined the cast.

https://twitter.com/RichardEGrant/status/1309512613039157249?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Owen Wilson looking like John Slattery

• Advertisement

Starting in May 2021.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It at least answers where it fits in the timeline - so effectively this will operate within another universe it seems.

Looks a lot more fun & interesting than the Falcon series anyway; shades of the Umbrella Academy though with its setting of some kind of buttoned up, interdimensional agency...

Jonathan Majors will make an appearance as Kang the Conqueror

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

EwxmwPmWQAEybhv?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wonder will the show have fun with it being part of an alternative timeline, or will just ignore it for the sake of keeping Loki alive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ok, I'm in. I'm still sceptical about these MCU shows after Wandavision; but that looks more up my alley and the show seems aware its lead is a total shít. That they mightn't pull a Dexter. The gag about confirming everything he ever said was good.

I'm only now realising that my favourite kind of MCU seems to be the cosmic craziness kind. Full colour, Farscape flavoured space opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That looks cool! but like.. Legion/Umbrella Academy levels.. so is the audience gonna stick it?

Slydice wrote: »
    That looks cool! but like.. Legion/Umbrella Academy levels.. so is the audience gonna stick it?

Have you ever been on Tumblr? :D Loki is, uh, very popular lol. Of the three TV series thus far and just in terms of the leading character, this is definitely the safest bet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Slydice wrote: »

As long as it doesnt shít all over itself like Wandavision it should be fine.

Legion maybe got a bit too extreme in later seasons for general audience but Umbrella Academy is a total juggernaut with general audience.

And like Foxtrol said Loki/Hiddleston could probably be filmed just having a nap and it would have soaring ratings/online reaction haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

How long will this series be? Another 6 episode job or something a big more developed?

• Advertisement

Wednesday is probably the most competitive night on US TV in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How long will this series be? Another 6 episode job or something a big more developed?

The show's Wikipedia has the episode count at 6. Run times between 40 & 50 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

Wednesday is probably the most competitive night on US TV in general.

I heard it is because Black Widow would drop between the last two episodes so if they tie in it made sense to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't say it will tie in since Black widow was due out ages ago.
    I'd say the only reason it was moved away from Black Widow's release is to be sure people are available to go see Black Widow and aren't staying at hme to watch Loki.

I'm so loki(ng) forward to this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm so loki(ng) forward to this :p

552493.jpg

Small clip popped up; definitely getting better vibes from this than the previous two shows' own promotions. Hook that time-travel, alternate dimension cosmic fun into my veins please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well I can see the Loki shippers will love this, if only for one "brief" moment, so to speak ;)

• Advertisement

I must say I'm really looking forward to this tomorrow now.

Advertisement