Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I hope they really play with the timeline variances, alternate universes et al; given there's an emphasis this Loki is himself a timeline variant hints towards that. Definitely of the three, this is the series I've been most stoked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot this was tomorrow. Only watched the first trailer and no more. Is it doing the same as Bad Batch where they aired the first episode on May 4th, second on the Friday and then stuck to Friday releases or is this going to be every Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Forgot this was tomorrow. Only watched the first trailer and no more. Is it doing the same as Bad Batch where they aired the first episode on May 4th, second on the Friday and then stuck to Friday releases or is this going to be every Wednesday?

Every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Decent start nothing more really, However I'm guessing the villain has to be a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Lokis path of vengeance for Frigga and revenge against Thanos will be the catalyst for Kang to appear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Enjoyed that, only bit that I thought was stupid was the drawn out scenery scene.

A show about how they stopped the existence of multiverse when they have 2 films apparently based around the multiverse coming out.

Liked that episode.

What is it with futuristic timecops having old looking tech? Umbrella Academy as well. And I've seen others.

I don't think that pile of pages would contain every word Loki ever said, especially since we saw how big the text is on the new pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is it just the one episode? Heard on the radio that there was gonna be two in the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it just the one episode? Heard on the radio that there was gonna be two in the first week

I think the first two episodes were sent out to reviewers, but they're not being released like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very enjoyable first episode.
    It was quirky, weird and looked absolutely blooming fantastic.
    I am looking forward to episode 2 already, intrigued to see where the rest of the series go.
    Great cast as well, loved seeing Owen Wilson!
    I was pretty disappointed overall with the falcon and the winter soldier. This was much closer in quality to wandavision for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyable first episode with a lot of weirdness thrown in. It was a little confusing but that's to be expected

So who else thinks that
    Red Skull is the baddy

It's great the freedom they have due to no rights issues.
    Of course there's stuff they wouldn't be allowed to do but their hands aren't as tied like AoS was.
    We see that through the amount of movie footage and not just vague references like we had in the Netflix series.

The drawer scene kinda sold me on it. Trinkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Starship Troopers vibe from the minute men, loved the divine Loki stain glass window.

As futurama wisely once said A time paradox duplicate is always dooooooooooomed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Really enjoyed that ep. Some fun little revelations.

I also loved how they managed to
    put Loki through 9 years of character development in 1 episode
    :pac:

D.B. Cooper scene was very well done some very talented writers came up with that little ode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Have I got this right...
    This Loki isn't our Loki but the villain Loki is our Loki
    I'm a bit confused on who's timeline we are supposed to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fritzelly wrote: »
    Have I got this right...

It's whichever timeline this Loki is from...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The music on this show (based on one episode) is faily epic!

1: Good intro.. solid grounding in what's going on. Hopefully not going to lose the audience like Legion did. Guessing
    a crux of it will be where the other Loki came from and possibly who he's working for.

The mid credits
    glitch
    and end credits
    announcement
    were fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Have I got this right...

This Loki is a few hours after the first Avengers film. So he’s just killed Coulson, summoned the aliens through the portal to destroy New York, and got slapped around by the Hulk. Hence the marks on his face.

But with him being given glances of his mother dying, Thor mourning over his body, and his death, he has moved quickly through 9 years of character development and he’ll probably seem no different than the Loki we seen at the end of Ragnarok.

It’s a bit of a cheap trick to give us the Loki from Ragnarok back but I’m fine with it.

So he's been in the TVA for 9 years then? That makes more sense with the show briefs I read saying its set after Endgame

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What is it with futuristic timecops having old looking tech? Umbrella Academy as well. And I've seen others.

I think the tech just emphasise it being absurdly bureaucratic.

The episode description even calls the TVA kafkaesque.

I’m not doing the whole spoilers thing as I’m purely speculating here, but my guess is that the TVA are the real bad guys in this. The time agent guys are dressed in classic bad guy henchmen outfits. It also feels a bit brain washy. I don’t think the people in the agency are bad guys but this 3 time keepers thing seems suss.

I’m guessing the person going around killing time agents is a Loki, but they will have a bloody good reason to be doing it.

I kind of got a laugh out of the Sacred Timeline bit as it felt like a bit of a nod to the MCU being the Sacred Timeline and that the chaos and madness was streamlined into one. Wonder is it a metaphor for Sony, Fox, Disney all owning parts of one universe at a stage and finally it all merged into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

So he's been in the TVA for 9 years then? That makes more sense with the show briefs I read saying its set after Endgame

No, it's after endgame in the sense that it the action in 2012 after the avengers go back in time, but it is 2012 Loki, the 2020 Loki is dead.

****in time travel man, it messes with your head.

No he’s been in the TVA for about 40 minutes. So the Avengers are probably still eating Shwarma. Ha.

But Owen Wilsons character did say that time works differently there, and it is a time travelling agency so I’m not sure time matters. If Loki leaves the TVA at the end of the series and re-enters the normal MCU timeline then he will surely travel to the period after Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is this the first time the MCU
    went back to the late Middle ages/Renaissance times
    ?

No, it's after endgame in the sense that it the action in 2012 after the avengers go back in time, but it is 2012 Loki, the 2020 Loki is dead.

****in time travel man, it messes with your head.

OK my brain is melting
    After stealing the Tesseract during the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019), an alternate version of Loki is brought to the mysterious Time Variance Authority (TVA),

Just enjoy. They just have to include bottle rockets at some point and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement