Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Watched Rocketman the other night and it was excellent.

Reluctantly and under protest watched The Mitchells vs the Machines last night and had pretend I didn't enjoy it as much as I did or I would have had to eat humble pie. But it is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Rewatched Sleepers for the first time since I seen it probably 9 years ago.

Has definitely not suffered with age. Jason Patric steals the show from Brad Pitt. Cracking performances by Dustin Hoffman and Robert de Niro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Really enjoying Superstore at the minute... silly harmless fun. Perfect as a background when pottering about doing housework...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lisha wrote: »
    Really enjoying Superstore at the minute... silly harmless fun. Perfect as a background when pottering about doing housework...

Took me a while to embrace it and get past Glens voice but I’m zipping through it now ! Really enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

km79 wrote: »
    Took me a while to embrace it and get past Glens voice but I’m zipping through it now ! Really enjoyable
    Really enjoyable bubble-gum tv. It's formulaic, but in a good way; the characters are so good it almost writes itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Really enjoyable bubble-gum tv. It's formulaic, but in a good way; the characters are so good it almost writes itself.

Love it.... poor Sandra :) ....

Lisha wrote: »
    Love it.... poor Sandra :) ....

Was only saying to my wife earlier how funny she is !
    We are just at start of season 4

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Mitchells vs the Machines was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched ‘The Devil all the time’ not knowing anything about it. Wow it was really good. Great acting from all, completely original story with twists and turns a plenty, and all connected storylines come together perfectly. Surprised this film was not an awards movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sunny_Arms

oops sorry, was thinking of Hanna which is a series on amazon. can't see any Anna on netflix though? Although i think i know the one you mean and it's ok, sort of like a poor man's nikita. Some great scenes and the film holds up as a whole, but definitely much better Besson films out there

a poor mans nikita? what is it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some great LOL moments in Master of None. Aziz Ansari, from Parks & Recreation, helped create the 2 series and they're very good, IMHO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Win the Wilderness Season 1
    Six couples compete to prove they've got the survival skills to win the deed to an extraordinary home deep in the vast, rugged wilderness of Alaska.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Sunny_Arms wrote: »
    a poor mans nikita? what is it about?

young girl who's trained to be an assassin, is then let loose in the world until she decides she's had enough and tries to get out. Basically Besson is just rehashing another variant of his 80s movie nikita (well worth a watch as it's fantastic)

young girl who's trained to be an assassin, is then let loose in the world until she decides she's had enough and tries to get out. Basically Besson is just rehashing another variant of his 80s movie nikita (well worth a watch as it's fantastic)

hmmm sounds interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Hi, I was trying to get Ocean 11, the 2001 film, as it sounds good, but it doesn't seem to be on Netflix.

I'm not sure what Netflix Ireland subscription I'm accessing ( as it is a friend's account) but perhaps its the cheaper option with limited films.

Thanks in advance for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Hi, I was trying to get Ocean 11, the 2001 film, as it sounds good, but it doesn't seem to be on Netflix.

I'm not sure what Netflix Ireland subscription I'm accessing ( as it is a friend's account) but perhaps its the cheaper option with limited films.

You can use Justwatch (see link below) to see where a film is available. Unfortunately Netflix don't have every film or show ever made, so sometimes you have to pay to rent a specific title (Netflix don't rent other films but Prime, Microsoft etc do).

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/oceans-eleven-2001

Yyhhuuu wrote: »

i think they did? i remember watching it a few months ago. i guess they removed it

StartUp: Season 1 to 3
    Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero, Martin Freeman and Ron Perlman star in this fast-paced, stylish crime-tech thriller, about a group of young people who start up their own digital currency, attracting the attention of a crooked FBI agent and more

Giant Jack: Season 2
    Six-year old Hank and his best pal, a giant trash truck, explore the world around them on fantastical adventures with their animal friends.

Selena: The Series: Part 2
    Now on the brink of stardom, Selena fights to remain true to herself, spend quality time with her family and her new husband, and expand her businesses. All the while, her journey to become the most successful female Latin artist of all time continues.

added

Watched The the Mitchells vs the machines over the weekend with the kids, and everyone loved it. The animation style is more quirky than your usual animated movie, but it works very well. It also had good laughs for the kids and adults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The Mitchells Vs the Machines was fantastic. The animation is brilliant (as you'd expect from the makers of Spiderverse), the cast great, and the laughs were plentiful. Exactly what you want from this kind of family movie that adults will love every bit as much as kids.

9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Watched The Father last night and Anthony Hopkins very much is worthy of winning the Academy award. It was brilliantly written, leaving the viewer with a sense of how confusing things must be to someone unfortunate enough to have the same affliction as AH's character. Similar in a sense to Memento for how it immerses you, giving you the feeling of being in their shoes as you watch it.

It's very sad and a hard watch as it progresses. It's a terrible disease which you would hate to have happen to a loved one.

9/10

Not on Netflix though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Not on Netflix though?

Oops, posted that in wrong thread.

Oops, posted that in wrong thread.

What service is it on? Can't find it on Prime or Disney

The Mitchells Vs the Machines was fantastic. The animation is brilliant (as you'd expect from the makers of Spiderverse), the cast great, and the laughs were plentiful. Exactly what you want from this kind of family movie that adults will love every bit as much as kids.

9/10
    Also watched this last night
    Agree with the above

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

peteeeed wrote: »
    StartUp: Season 1 to 3
    Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero, Martin Freeman and Ron Perlman star in this fast-paced, stylish crime-tech thriller, about a group of young people who start up their own digital currency, attracting the attention of a crooked FBI agent and more

I was going to add this to My List but it seems as if there are only 2 seasons available and not all 3.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I was going to add this to My List but it seems as if there are only 2 seasons available and not all 3.

just saw that , it was supposed to be 3 seasons

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kingp35 wrote: »
    peteeeed wrote: »
    just saw that , it was supposed to be 3 seasons

I think all three seasons are still on Prime and have been for years. Actually thought that show was an amazon original for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I watched ‘The Devil all the time’ not knowing anything about it. Wow it was really good. Great acting from all, completely original story with twists and turns a plenty, and all connected storylines come together perfectly. Surprised this film was not an awards movie.

Watched the most of it last night, misery and religious madness in the West Virginia woods, dont think there's one lighthearted second in the whole film

• Advertisement

The Sons of Sam: A Descent into Darkness
    The Son of Sam case grew into a lifelong obsession for journalist Maury Terry, who became convinced that the murders were linked to a satanic cult.

Baby Driver
    Smooth-faced getaway driver Baby is a music junkie in deep with a bad dude. He's got just one job left, but it's all about to go sideways.

S.W.A.T.: Under Siege
    When a S.W.A.T. team takes in a mysterious, high-profile prisoner, international threats unleash a barrage of attacks on their compound to retrieve him.

First Sunday
    When two small-time crooks rob a church it turns into a hostage crisis. The pastor tries to "save" the two sinners in this comic morality play.

Wild Things
    A guidance counselor loses his job and must fight to get his life back after spurning the advances of a teen socialite who later accuses him of rape.

added

Advertisement