Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

So we have a multiverse where Michael Keaton is Batman :) in the MCU as well as Vulture and can appear in the MCU and the Sonyverse.

So we have a multiverse where Michael Keaton is Batman :) in the MCU as well as Vulture and can appear in the MCU and the Sonyverse.

Ultimately we're all just living in the Michael Keatonverse. Birdman was just breaking the 4th wall on us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Ultimately we're all just living in the Michael Keatonverse. Birdman was just breaking the 4th wall on us...

He isn’t Michael Keaton.

He is Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Might not be MCU but looks fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On Hulu in the States so hopefully we get it on Star here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bruce Campbell has been hinting that he's in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, although being a Raimi movie, it would be weird if he wasn't!

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1365786071632646149?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone else thing that this multiverse of madness business could lead into Tom Parkers Spiderman switching totally over to the Sony verse?

Gives Marvel a chance to pay off on their storyline and creates a natural like switch to Sony verse where he mixes it up with Venom and Morbius

I just watched InHumans on Disney+

I knew it had been cancelled and that people didn’t think much of it but I knew nothing about the characters so thought it might still be entertaining.

It was shockingly dull and Anson Mount doesn’t do anything until the final two episodes. Crystal starts as a very likeable character (in a group of very unlikeable characters) but could the writers not think of anything better for her to do than fall for some guy?

I don’t binge watch but I watched this in three days thinking it would redeem itself.

Anyway my real purpose in posting is to ask - was the “greater threat” that Black Bolt was preparing for going to be the Kree?

And can anyone guess who “the Boss” of Callisto Aerospace was going to be? A know Marvel character or someone created for this show?

Didn’t Feige announce a movie reboot of this a few years ago? Apparently there is rumours of a series for Disney+ ? Is the comic version much the same as the show - isolated but advance kingdom where the true ruler is exiled to Earth by his brother wanting the throne?

Been done twice already in the MCU - Thor and Black Panther. Any future InHuman story would need to not tethered this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it's the only live action Marvel series I didn't watch.
    There were originally plans for an Inhumans film in Phase 3 but was removed when they got Spider-man.
    It was their answer to X-Men since they didn't have the rights. Was the reason the Inhumans came to the fore in the comics and X-Men origins started getting changed.
    But now they have the rights to X-Men, dunno what will happen.

We had Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD though they'll happily ignore that if they need to.
    Not sure what they're going to explain Ms. Marvel as in her series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah I never watched The Inhumans either: when even the curated environment of a trailer couldn't stimulate excitement, I knew quicksmart this was a stinker - combined with its quiet relegation from the main MCU film release schedule. Subsequent YouTube videos of the "we watch it so you don't have to" variety have only backed up that first assessment. Everyone wants to just forget it ever happened.

As an aside, the series does remind that sometimes, despite best of intentions, a Marvel character will remind how once upon a time it was written as eye-trash for children. To wit: Black Bolt's real name is ... ... Blackagar Boltagon. Fantastic; I'm not immediately sure how one even pronounces that, it sounds so clumsy on my tongue. Clearly, the writer that day had other stuff on his mind at Marvel HQ :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Kevin Feige never wanted Inhumans it was Perlmutter pushing the Inhumans and devaluing the X Men brand. Heck Perlmutter didn't even think a black or female led Marvel would work so if he had his way no Black Panther.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think it's the only live action Marvel series I didn't watch.
    There were originally plans for an Inhumans film in Phase 3 but was removed when they got Spider-man.
    It was their answer to X-Men since they didn't have the rights. Was the reason the Inhumans came to the fore in the comics and X-Men origins started getting changed.
    But now they have the rights to X-Men, dunno what will happen.

We had Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD though they'll happily ignore that if they need to.
    Not sure what they're going to explain Ms. Marvel as in her series

I love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and am very happy there will always be more Coulson to watch but with the movies never acknowledging the InHumans and the Terragenisis contamination or the return of S.H.I.E.L.D. it pushed the show into an alternative timeline.

I am not expecting it to be official MCU.

I didn’t know Ms. Marvel is an InHuman. I assumed firm the name that she somehow got her powers from Captain Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and am very happy there will always be more Coulson to watch but with the movies never acknowledging the InHumans and the Terragenisis contamination or the return of S.H.I.E.L.D. it pushed the show into an alternative timeline.

I am not expecting it to be official MCU.

I didn’t know Ms. Marvel is an InHuman. I assumed firm the name that she somehow got her powers from Captain Marvel.

Kamala was a fan of Captain Marvel and took the name Ms Marvel to honour her. Carol Danvers started out as Ms Marvel and only became Captain Marvel after the original died

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will spoiler her origin as there are a couple things about her they have to explain
    She gained her powers through terrigen most. Captain Marvel was Ms Marvel beforehand and Kamala was a big fan. She even uses the Ms Marvel bolt like Carol Danvers used. So the fact Carol skipped that being Ms Marvel they'll have to explain the bolt another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Went to see the first episodes of Inhumans in IMAX when it came out originally. The whole season was painful from basically every angle - trending worse by the obvious front loading of FX budget in the early part of the series.

With the MCU likely getting even more crowded with the Fox properties, I can't see them ever being resurrected - just living out their days in secret on earth with Steve in their moon base.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Inhumans or the Royal Family at least have been completely irrelevant for years at this point in the comics.

While older marvel characters the big attempt to push them forward only came when Marvel were trying to push out the X-Men they didn't own.

That comics push failed miserably along with the Inhumans Movie/TV debacle so they safte to say they wont see the light of day again for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was cool to see Miles and Desmond reunite

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

What territories are are covered by this?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd rather a film than a second season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haven't watched the Falcon show; just never been interested in either leads stories. I was down on Wandavision but at least they were unique, eccentric and energised characters. Bucky and Sam are just generic soldier boys, even if the latter had gained the Cap America mantle in the comics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Haven't watched the Falcon show; just never been interested in either leads stories. I was down on Wandavision but at least they were unique, eccentric and energised characters. Bucky and Sam are just generic soldier boys, even if the latter had gained the Cap America mantle in the comics.

Having watched the series, I would agree. I think both characters are better suited to tv. However I imagine the film will be an ensemble like Civil War, so the main characters not being especially compelling won't be a huge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is that Modok thing part of the MCU or a standalone thing

Looks weird

From the Oscar winning director comes The Eternals.

Nice bit of marketing there for Marvel & Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is that Modok thing part of the MCU or a standalone thing

Looks weird

Standalone. It's not MCU, just a Marvel comedy show as far as I know, sort of like Rick & Morty or Robot Chicken kind of thing but Marvel characters (saw a clip of Iron Man in a trailer, will probably be more, references etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The news that there's going to be an Ironheart series completely passed me by! Anyway, the show has found its head writer in Chinaka Hodge, who has written for Apple's Amazing Stories, and the TV version of Snowpiercer.

Tommy

‘Secret Invasion’: Killian Scott In Talks To Join Marvel Series For Disney
    Killian Scott (Dublin Murders, Damnation) is in negotiations to join Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in Secret Invasion, the upcoming Marvel series for Disney+, Deadline has learned.

In Secret Invasion, Jackson and Mendelsohn reprise their MCU characters Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos, respectively, who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

The cast also is expected to include Kingsley Ben-Adir as a likely villain, Olivia Colman and Emilia Clarke. Further plot details are being kept under wraps and it’s not clear what role Scott would play. A rep for Marvel declined comment

https://deadline.com/2021/04/secret-invasion-killian-scott-marvel-series-disney-plus-1234747795/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New MCU video with release dates for Phase 4 movies

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1389203088498585600?s=20

Includes:
    First clips from The Eternals
    Black Panther 2 will be called Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    Captain Marvel 2 will be called The Marvels (the S at the end of the logo is Ms.Marvel's symbol so looks like she'll be a big part of it too)
    And Fantastic Four symbol at the end too but they already announced that previously.

Advertisement