Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mellor wrote: »
    It’s certainly not meaningless. But it’s also not the total value of the coin/market that people present it as.

True, but claiming a $70 billion crypto can do a 100x overnight is not based in reality. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

• Registered Users Posts: 19,950 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 45,325 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ETH is close to hitting 3k. What a bull run it's on.

Reminds me of BTC in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Link having a good day today. Nice to see it back 40+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

6 wrote: »
    ETH is close to hitting 3k. What a bull run it's on.

Reminds me of BTC in 2017.

Just going to hold all my Eth for many years, and add to it during big dips. Only going to get much bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Whelo79 wrote: »
    He has been calling a dip every second day for the last week. BTC is only up $10k and ETH $600 in that time. He'll be right eventually and say he called it. Probably sold just before the dip and will have bought back in at it's bottom too.

You are totally right and I shouldn't be calling the dip.

I stay in ETH and buy and sell XRP/XLM.

I don't have much money in it so just try make a few bop at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Unearthly wrote: »
    Just going to hold all my Eth for many years, and add to it during big dips. Only going to get much bigger

Going to be investing heavily in it next year whenever the bear market hits

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ETH just pushing on and on, every time you think its starting to dip its off again, been like this for weeks now, slow and steady but with no pullback worth mentioning it adds up and up to crazy levels. Wheres the top?

The amount of times Ive nearly dumped it all since we were in that hole at the start of Covid makes me seriously anxious when I think of it now...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Can't decide what coins I want for alt season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ETH on fire. I wonder will it blast through the $3k mark or have a few rejections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Going to be investing heavily in it next year whenever the bear market hits

That's definitely the way and probably the most stress free way of enjoying crypto :)

Go Nano! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

here I am in the family!

I love lambo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Thargor wrote: »
    ETH just pushing on and on, every time you think its starting to dip its off again, been like this for weeks now, slow and steady but with no pullback worth mentioning it adds up and up to crazy levels. Wheres the top?

The amount of times Ive nearly dumped it all since we were in that hole at the start of Covid makes me seriously anxious when I think of it now...

I've been methodically selling in portions which really helps with keeping emotional or panicky decisions at bay.

Am expecting a drop tomorrow or early week, will be nuts if it doesn't happen, and I'd definitely be looking to sell a chunk mid-week or late week. Bizarre run.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

here I am in the family!

I love lambo

Red or yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

Fitz* wrote: »
    Red or yellow?
    white!:p
    btw I bought EOS, any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Daithi40 wrote: »
    Can I ask what people here think of BlockFi?

And the rates they offer?

https://blockfi.com/rates/

Have heard rumours on different groups/forums about liquidity issues with blockfi, maybe just FUD, but I’m not with them so haven’t felt the need verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I've been methodically selling in portions which really helps with keeping emotional or panicky decisions at bay.

Am expecting a drop tomorrow or early week, will be nuts if it doesn't happen, and I'd definitely be looking to sell a chunk mid-week or late week. Bizarre run.

I bought more crypto this week than i have in 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Ah lads. It makes no sense to a normal Joe like me.

I stuck about 70 euro into ETH on revolut about 6 weeks ago just to dip my toe in whilst I try to educate my self on it.

Anyway that 70 is at 120 this evening. Bonkers really if you scale that up to what some people must have bought in at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Phew, finally got my portfolio laid out for alt season. 16 coins.............I may have spread myself too thin. But f**k it shur a couple of them will surely do something! :pac:

Cushtie wrote: »

I stuck about 70 euro into ETH on revolut about 6 weeks ago just to dip my toe in whilst I try to educate my self on it.

Anyway that 70 is at 120 this evening. Bonkers really if you scale that up to what some people must have bought in at.

It hit sub 100 euros last March. That's 25x in a year, and those types of gains aren't unusual in crypto. Also, it hasn't done anything in that time-frame to be "worth" 25x more, it's just part and parcel of the overall speculation frenzy

Ir's dangerous really, some people will get burned who just "dipped their toes" got excited, and fired the kitchen sink into it

Indeed, the entire market can drop 40% in a matter of hours. And we're only ever just a few consecutive "corrections" away from a bear market. Sentiment changes fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

People,

Posted this a few days ago but didnt get any replies - maybe somebody who has done it missed it:

I want to stake Egld on Maiar and I have transferred a few Egld there.

When I go to the staking option, Im presented with about ten different options (don't know the technical word).

How do you choose which one to go with? Anyone done this please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It hit sub 100 euros last March. That's 25x in a year, and those types of gains aren't unusual in crypto. Also, it hasn't done anything in that time-frame to be "worth" 25x more, it's just part and parcel of the overall speculation frenzy

Not entirely correct. A lot of people or companies do use ethereum blockchain for their own products or smart contracts so "hasn't done anything" is not how one can describe it. It is a project which is used by many other entities to make their own product which "may have done something".
    Speculation frenzy is partly due to usability of it not all is about price of the coin. The more it will be used (ethereum smart contracts) the more it will be in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

DeFi, NFTs, being the largest platform that has many other cryptos built on top of it. Yeah, hasn't done anything really. With the updates and actual progress towards 2.0 as well, it's almost as if people believe it's going to have even more utility when that rolls around due to larger capacity

Cushtie wrote: »

While convenient to use revolut do have murderous fees. Also it is just speculation as you do not own coins. I wonder what they do if more people buy low and hodl there as they may have problem to cover positions since there are no real coins involved.
    Binance does have 0.1% fees and they go even lower if you pay them with binance coin. Compare that to revolut 1.5% or more over the weekend or holidays and you will see that it is a no brainer if you plan to try with little more money.

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    DeFi, NFTs, being the largest platform that has many other cryptos built on top of it. Yeah, hasn't done anything really. With the updates and actual progress towards 2.0 as well, it's almost as if people believe it's going to have even more utility when that rolls around due to larger capacity

It is not only about how many other crypto's are built on it. It is also about use. Take binance coin - use it and pay less fees when trading. That is what push price up but this particular one is way too high in my opinion but that may be due to volume of trading done there. Who knows.

Since I first hear about bitcoin well over 10 years ago there is constant talk how it can not go here or there or how tulip-dotcom-bubble it is. While it may go bust eventually what a ride it was so far. Over 10 years and still gaining speed despite all predictions and prophecies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks like another night of lost sleep watching ETH attempt to break 3k...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement