Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Rob2D wrote: »
    Check yo self :pac:

hope ur right but I guess we'll see..

edit... that was to BB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecks sake I have to be up at 6am and ETH is setting ATHs...

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Thargor wrote: »
    Fecks sake I have to be up at 6am and ETH is setting ATHs...

Just stay up sure be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

My ETH is about to flip my BTC, what the hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Probably a sell point coming now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hey long time lurker

Im not clued up on defi, say I wanted a loan using my bitcoin as collateral, how does one go about this?

Cheers
    Omt

Nexo will give you a loan to value of 60% of your Bitcoin. Haven't used it yet but it's instant and a borrow interest rate of 6-12% depending on how many nexo tokens (their platform token) you own. You can also use the nexo tokens as further loan collateral if you have them too (25% ltv on them)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy Tommycoin?

It's going interstellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,325 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ETH is the absolute boss. Heading for 3k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

BTC doing a nice little climb again now but still being slightly cautious here.

Still expecting one or two more drops but who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

6 wrote: »
    ETH is the absolute boss. Heading for 3k

the only way is up, heading for 50k over the next couple of years if not sooner, you can probably put Dot in there too, btc heading for 100k this year. The markets are transformed, i wouldn't expect another long term bear market going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Jackben75 wrote: »
    the only way is up, heading for 50k over the next couple of years if not sooner, you can probably put Dot in there too, btc heading for 100k this year. The markets are transformed, i wouldn't expect another long term bear market going forward.

The comments in 2017 were identical. I don't know if Eth will ever be $100 again or BTC $4000, but there will most certainly be a proper bear market.

F**king Hell Matic!

At three different points in the last couple of days I almost bought in, but thought 'Nah, wait for the dip, this can't keep going'.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Jackben75 wrote: »

I also think we have upside in the future , it would be naive to think there would not be another bear market. dont over expose yourself and have fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jafin

F**king Hell Matic!

At three different points in the last couple of days I almost bought in, but thought 'Nah, wait for the dip, this can't keep going'.

Buy some, then the dip will come. I can almost guarantee it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

nathan99 wrote: »
    I also think we have upside in the future , it would be naive to think there would not be another bear market. dont over expose yourself and have fun :)

Oh we're way past that now

Just out of curiosity I've been watching BTC movement against a few EWT charts since midday today.

This one has been pretty close so far...

551645.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Graham wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity I've been watching BTC movement against a few EWT charts since midday today.

This one has been pretty close so far...

551645.png

It should happen by all accounts it seems. I kinda wish it would so we can just get on with it already.

I kinda wish it would so we can just get on with it already.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

Any recommendation for a beginner what to buy? I currently have a lot of stock but the growth is very slow. Any advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Mrlouth wrote: »
    Any recommendation for a beginner what to buy? I currently have a lot of stock but the growth is very slow. Any advice would be appreciated

All in DOGE! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Depends how far away from sensible you want to get! If you want to stay within sight of sensible then just stick to the big guns if you want to go full Elon back up the truck and fill her full of doge. A basket of the bigger coins with a few punts is what a lot of people do. Make sure you are prepared for the variance though getting in just to get cold feet at the first 10% drop is not going to work out well. A read through the last few pages gives a feel for the type of non-obvious picks people are on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Check out @sheldon_sniper on twitter. He's pretty solid, he's also on a YouTube channel where he goes over some charts etc.

If you go to the YouTube channel its Crypto Banter, but the host Ran is a bit of a pub talker. I'd probably ignore his advice and just solely go by the calls Sheldon makes. I think Sheldon will eventually have his own channel/platform, which I'd prefer.

They'll go over zones to buy, zones to sell and where to place stop losses etc.

Folks, am new to crypto. I'm not interested in getting into it in any big way, but was thinking of dripping my spare change into it over a year or so for the craic (think spare change from revolut). We are talking fairly modest/trivial funds here, probably fifty quid or so a month (give or take 10 or 20), but it would never be an exact consistent figure.

I've been doing some reading and it seems Binance is the cheapest rates wise, so I have signed up there. My impression is that I can lodge money from revolut with no fees, and the only fees I will incur will be the fairly modest ones when purchasing (and if/when I sell). I had been planning just to use revolut for crypto, but that seems a fair bit more expensive.

I was thinking of putting the money into Bitcoin and ETH at a 2:1 ratio. Because the amounts involved are so modest, I intend just leaving them in the Binance exchange (i.e. not withdrawing into a wallet or whatever).

Have I overlooked anything obvious here? I know the sums involved are trivial compared to some, but my goal here is just to have a bit of craic and maybe grow my spare change a bit, if it all gets lost so be it.

Folks, am new to crypto. I'm not interested in getting into it in any big way, but was thinking of dripping my spare change into it over a year or so for the craic (think spare change from revolut). We are talking fairly modest/trivial funds here, probably fifty quid or so a month (give or take 10 or 20), but it would never be an exact consistent figure.

I've been doing some reading and it seems Binance is the cheapest rates wise, so I have signed up there. My impression is that I can lodge money from revolut with no fees, and the only fees I will incur will be the fairly modest ones when purchasing (and if/when I sell). I had been planning just to use revolut for crypto, but that seems a fair bit more expensive.

I was thinking of putting the money into Bitcoin and ETH at a 2:1 ratio. Because the amounts involved are so modest, I intend just leaving them in the Binance exchange (i.e. not withdrawing into a wallet or whatever).

Have I overlooked anything obvious here? I know the sums involved are trivial compared to some, but my goal here is just to have a bit of craic and maybe grow my spare change a bit, if it all gets lost so be it.

If craic is a priority, I'd invest a small punt into DOGE and watch it bounce whenever Elon Musk tweets

weemcd wrote: »
    Check out @sheldon_sniper on twitter. He's pretty solid, he's also on a YouTube channel where he goes over some charts etc.

If you go to the YouTube channel its Crypto Banter, but the host Ran is a bit of a pub talker. I'd probably ignore his advice and just solely go by the calls Sheldon makes. I think Sheldon will eventually have his own channel/platform, which I'd prefer.

They'll go over zones to buy, zones to sell and where to place stop losses etc.

Just to give some contrast to this, I've never heard of sheldon_sniper so I don't know exactly what he does but briefly skimming his twitter...

I think TA is bull****. It is a contentious subject at best. If we are talking about drawing lines on graphs with no other inputs taken into account, then its complete horse**** imo. It's the definition of gambler's fallacy; making connections between unconnected events. I know a few people who work in trader firms and they think its nonsense too so that's good enough for me. Not having a go at you weemcd, just want beginners to know that there are very different opinions on TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm done with crypto. Sold the lot. I should really unsubscribe to this thread as I keep reading each new post and makes you want to put money back into it. And my brother living in America doesn't help either he told me his friend made 50 grand supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

I believe you have everything covered. BTC is a store of value. What I might suggest is stake the Eth you buy which means that you basically earn interest on what you have bought. Other coins though you might want to consider instead of Eth are DOT, VE Chain, Egld, Zil, ADA, DIA, Audious, GRT and COMP to name a few. This is not financial advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Just to give some contrast to this, I've never heard of sheldon_sniper so I don't know exactly what he does but briefly skimming his twitter...

I think TA is bull****. It is a contentious subject at best. If we are talking about drawing lines on graphs with no other inputs taken into account, then its complete horse**** imo. It's the definition of gambler's fallacy; making connections between unconnected events. I know a few people who work in trader firms and they think its nonsense too so that's good enough for me. Not having a go at you weemcd, just want beginners to know that there are very different opinions on TA.

I'll agree with you there, TA is no science, very open to interpretation. As a beginner myself, my friends who have more experience than me have found that person to be helpful.

Everyone is different, but as a beginner this has at least let me look at a few aspects with regards to taking profit and setting stops etc.

Everyone will do everything differently and no two traders are the same. Everyone should do their own due diligence and only put in what they are essentially prepared to lose. I hope everyone finds a way that works best for them.

It should happen by all accounts it seems. I kinda wish it would so we can just get on with it already.

Not today by the look of it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

If you want to try to hodl then send whatever you can spare to binance, buy desired coin but I would suggest to transfer them to your own wallet once you accumulate some. I know exchanges are fairly stable and binance is one of the biggest one but still if it is not in your wallet then it is not yours entirely. However there is a way as other poster mentioned of locking out some funds - staking and earning interest.
    If you do want to have fun and try to trade maybe something like their own coin like BNB. You can do it either by sitting and staring on screen to try to move with the flow or fire and forget way where you set your price, make order and come back to check once in a while. Buy low sell higher that sort of a thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement