Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

iba wrote: »
    I believe you have everything covered. BTC is a store of value. What I might suggest is stake the Eth you buy which means that you basically earn interest on what you have bought. Other coins though you might want to consider instead of Eth are DOT, VE Chain, Egld, Zil, ADA, DIA, Audious, GRT and COMP to name a few. This is not financial advice.

Very interesting about the staking bit. Is there a write up on it somewhere you might suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Doge is going to skyrocket after Musk is on SNL isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Very interesting about the staking bit. Is there a write up on it somewhere you might suggest?

Try to read about it on their own website. There is too much info even for my liking but the more you read on it the more you will know. I may try it myself but for now I am just having way too much of a fun trying to get it right on bnb/usdt pair lol

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

I'm done with crypto. Sold the lot. I should really unsubscribe to this thread as I keep reading each new post and makes you want to put money back into it. And my brother living in America doesn't help either he told me his friend made 50 grand supposedly.

I couldn't cope with standing on the sidelines for what's coming later this year, but if you're happy with your profit already then congrats. You can always start DCAing during the next crash and bear cycle anyway for the 2024/2025 cycle

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    I couldn't cope with standing on the sidelines for what's coming later this year, but if you're happy with your profit already then congrats. You can always start DCAing during the next crash and bear cycle anyway for the 2024/2025 cycle

I was happy several times in the last 10 years. Now I wish I would not. Every time I look at few things I purchased when I was happy, I get nausea and a bout of depression. Happiness can turn very sour over time... Schitt happens lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Strange huge jump in BTC at 9.05pm and then dump.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Strange huge jump in BTC at 9.05pm and then dump.

Whales playing BTC ping pong leaving a trail of liquidated positions around them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Graham wrote: »
    Whales playing BTC ping pong leaving a trail of liquidated positions around them?

No. Apparently that Facebook buy rumour got louder and louder and then it was found that no actually, they didn't buy BTC.

Rob2D wrote: »
    No. Apparently that Facebook buy rumour got louder and louder and then it was found that no actually, they didn't buy BTC.

That makes sense, I'd forgotten that rumour had been doing the rounds today.

We could be back on track for that drop yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

Guys; Thinking of trading same $ value BTC for Eth. Would I be liable for CGT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Guys; Thinking of trading same $ value BTC for Eth. Would I be liable for CGT?

yes, if you have made a gain on the bitcoin you owe tax on that gain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ethereum ATH 3rd day in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Ethereum ATH 3rd day in a row.

ETH/BTC ratio at its highest since mid 2018 as well. hopefully it can keep pushing on and we can start talking about the flippening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

At the current BTC price a return to the ATH in the BTC/ETH ratio would have ETH worth around $6k.

Imagine if Facebook said: "no we didn't buy BTC......................WE BOUGHT ETH!!!!!" :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Folks, am new to crypto. I'm not interested in getting into it in any big way, but was thinking of dripping my spare change into it over a year or so for the craic (think spare change from revolut). We are talking fairly modest/trivial funds here, probably fifty quid or so a month (give or take 10 or 20), but it would never be an exact consistent figure.

I've been doing some reading and it seems Binance is the cheapest rates wise, so I have signed up there. My impression is that I can lodge money from revolut with no fees, and the only fees I will incur will be the fairly modest ones when purchasing (and if/when I sell). I had been planning just to use revolut for crypto, but that seems a fair bit more expensive.

I was thinking of putting the money into Bitcoin and ETH at a 2:1 ratio. Because the amounts involved are so modest, I intend just leaving them in the Binance exchange (i.e. not withdrawing into a wallet or whatever).

Have I overlooked anything obvious here? I know the sums involved are trivial compared to some, but my goal here is just to have a bit of craic and maybe grow my spare change a bit, if it all gets lost so be it.

Statistically Monday is the best day to buy bitcoin and Friday is the best time to buy Ethereum.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Imagine if Facebook said: "no we didn't buy BTC......................WE BOUGHT ETH!!!!!" :pac::pac::pac:

DOGE would be much more fun if only to see Musk's reaction :D

Trading in general lost any sense of predictability a while ago. I will not go to doge as what Musk is doing with it is what McAfee did with various alt coins weekly a while ago. I despised the guy as what he did was giving altcoins a bad name. Big old fashioned pump and dump. Only way to make money on doge is to wait and watch it to go down and then get some and set sale order and hope Elon tweet some picture or something and crazies move in. It may work few times but at the end of it, when they stop milking crazies you may be left with a bag of coins with no value or use other than telling stories to your grandchildren or amusing pub regulars about how you nearly got rich...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

It seems like a minor correction is coming in BTC and alt coins. Weekend might be a good time to accumulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Musk's messages are often cryptic. I'm not convinced he is tweeting about DOGE at all.

• Advertisement

SummerK wrote: »
    It seems like a minor correction is coming in BTC and alt coins. Weekend might be a good time to accumulate.

There are 6 billion USD options on BTC expiring tomorrow betting on higher or lower on 54k USD

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

There are 6 billion USD options on BTC expiring tomorrow betting on higher or lower on 54k USD

What do you think ? Will it go lower ?😄

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

What do you think ? Will it go lower ?😄

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

dougal0691 wrote: »
    yes, if you have made a gain on the bitcoin you owe tax on that gain

Thanks; how about going from eth/btc to stable and then to fiat...is CGT due on both transactions?

Thanks; how about going from eth/btc to stable and then to fiat...is CGT due on both transactions?

Capital gains tax is on any gain you make no matter what way you make it.

Each transaction is included.

Theman343 wrote: »
    What do you think ? Will it go lower ?��

Just reading this now:

At the moment, both calls and puts appear virtually balanced. Considering that a $100 million to $150 million difference is likely not enough to incentivize either side to pressure the price, thus this monthly expiry may be 'uneventful.'

XRP and XLM holding up well.

The charts don't show it all.
    I hope ETH goes low to buy price.

I can see crash this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CGT is owed on profits not transactions.

The stable coin > fiat rate is goign to be largely stable. So there's only going to be profit on the first transaction. So no CGT on the stable to fiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Jeff2 wrote: »
    XRP and XLM holding up well.

The charts don't show it all.
    I hope ETH goes low to buy price.

I can see crash this weekend.

XRP volume is huge. One to watch today with the ripple case, I could see big swings.

• Advertisement

XRP is going to absolutely rip a 100x overnight someday. It just can't until that stupid lawsuit is officially over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement