Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rob2D wrote: »
    XRP is going to absolutely rip a 100x overnight someday. It just can't until that stupid lawsuit is officially over.

Hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Rob2D wrote: »
    XRP is going to absolutely rip a 100x overnight someday. It just can't until that stupid lawsuit is officially over.

A 100x would give it a market cap of $7.7 trillion. You clearly haven't taken XRP's already massive market cap into consideration. Discernment is a necessity when consuming XRP-related content in the internet. Some of these XRP fanboys on YouTube etc are completely ridiculous. :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Bought some more Ethereum today.

I'm actually going to look into Ethereum development soon, people in the US are making up to 5K p/d building contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Nice BTC pump over the last few hours.

• Advertisement

$64k BTC incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

$64k BTC incoming

Hopefully, my portfolio took a real hammering but its almost back to pre-dump now. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

el diablo wrote: »
    A 100x would give it a market cap of $7.7 trillion. You clearly haven't taken XRP's already massive market cap into consideration. Discernment is a necessity when consuming XRP-related content in the internet. Some of these XRP fanboys on YouTube etc are completely ridiculous. :o

That’s the common misconception about market cap. It’s a meaning less figure and doesn’t show the real value of asset class.

Let say I created a coin and had 50 billion supply. I convince you that each coin is worth €1. You buy the 1 coin and this the market cap is €50 billion even though only one €1 has been invested into the asset class.m

Then you sell that coin and convince someone to buy for €2 thus creating €100 billion market cap but only €2 invested and so on

It’s an absolutely meaningless value

So it’s not just the XRP fanboys on you tube are talking rubbish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

It’s an absolutely meaningless value

Wrong. I don't have time to explain it (market cap, total supply) to you though. DYOR or get rekt.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Wrong. I don't have time to explain it (market cap, total supply) to you though. DYOR or get rekt.

Surely you could enlighten us with your vast superior knowledge .

Ohh I won’t get rekt as you so eloquently put it . No fear of that kiddo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

Bought some more Ethereum today.

I'm actually going to look into Ethereum development soon, people in the US are making up to 5K p/d building contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.

Is Ada not a better ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Surely you could enlighten us with your vast superior knowledge .

Ohh I won’t get rekt as you so eloquently put it . No fear of that kiddo ;)

God, people who say kiddo in this way are so cringey, even worse that it's followed with a stupid winky face lol

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    God, people who say kiddo in this way are so cringey, even worse that it's followed with a stupid winky face lol

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I remember a lot of coins which were predicted to make it big. It is usually done by people who hodl some, those who missed btc or eth trains. It is based mostly on hope that they too make it big one day soon.
    There will only be handful of coins with any real use and I think they can be counted on a fingers of one hand and that may be more than we (or everyone) actually need anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'd surprised if the is not a big fall in hours to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'd surprised if the is not a big fall in hours to come.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Can I ask what people here think of BlockFi?

And the rates they offer?

https://blockfi.com/rates/

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Daithi40 wrote: »

Not your keys not your coins.

&

Rates have been tumbling the last few weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Jafin

My portfolio is almost back up to the ATH that it hit two weeks ago. I have buys scheduled on Coinbase for both ETH and BTC on the 1st and 15th of each month, which means they're due in the morning, so I expect there will be a big dip right after my buy orders go through as it seems to be a trend for me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Is it possible to set limit orders and stop losses on Coinbase or us it all just market orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Why?

He has been calling a dip every second day for the last week. BTC is only up $10k and ETH $600 in that time. He'll be right eventually and say he called it. Probably sold just before the dip and will have bought back in at it's bottom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It’s certainly not meaningless. But it’s also not the total value of the coin/market that people present it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BAKE price went 4x this week. Not much invested, but nice all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

Think Celsius are better at present...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I remember a lot of coins which were predicted to make it big. It is usually done by people who hodl some, those who missed btc or eth trains. It is based mostly on hope that they too make it big one day soon.
    There will only be handful of coins with any real use and I think they can be counted on a fingers of one hand and that may be more than we (or everyone) actually need anyway.

Nearly spilled my coffee when i read this, an actual sensible post here on the crypto forum, usually just posts from moonboys and bag holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I've never used BlockFi but those rates don't look great. What are you looking to stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Phoebas wrote: »
    Is it possible to set limit orders and stop losses on Coinbase or us it all just market orders?

use coinbase pro, does not cost anything and you can set limit/stop orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Think Celsius are better at present...

I find them decent. They dropped their rates slightly but i still think they are higher than the rest. Clesius is only higher if you get paid in CEL rather than BTC/ETH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement