Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 34 matchday thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    There's not many available slots with the Europa League games. Today or Tomorrow are the only really available slots. Can't have it after GW38.

Yea that's what I was getting at. What free slots are there. looks like will go ahead tonight, unless teams stopped from leaving hotels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Well for covid they were played in a different GW, can't back track points. I was more asking is there any time for the game to be played in the future.

yeah I suppose if it does get postponed then the re-arranged fixture would then give the two teams a DGW. It probably will go ahead at 6.30/7 though provided the cops get the situation under control and the teams/referee into the stadium. It would be a huge headache for the EPL if the police dont let it go ahead but reckon it will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Didn't Utd, ironically, play a game the day after the season finished a few seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

I can’t only assume none of the protesters have captained fernando.

Didn't Utd, ironically, play a game the day after the season finished a few seasons ago

Yea there was a security issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If the game doesn't get played in the next 24 hours, then I think the only rescheduling option possible would be to bring the Liverpool v West Brom game into this midweek or next (almost certainly would be next), therefore creating a DGW.

It wouldn't create a double for United, but it would fill their blank week.

CSF wrote: »
    If the game doesn't get played in the next 24 hours, then I think the only rescheduling option possible would be to bring the Liverpool v West Brom game into this midweek or next (almost certainly would be next), therefore creating a DGW.

Yea that's the GW I was thinking about - would make their assets more valuable - say Shaw and gamble maybe on Cavani

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yea that's the GW I was thinking about - would make their assets more valuable - say Shaw and gamble maybe on Cavani
    I own Shaw and Bruno, but IMO, its the Liverpool players who become more valuable in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye thats the only option if it doesn't get played today or tomorrow. Liverpool West Brom a Dgw in 35 and then play Liverpool Utd in GW36.

Game is postponed, no mention of when game to be played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Jesus... what a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Arse

I own Shaw and Bruno, but IMO, its the Liverpool players who become more valuable in that scenario.
    Ye thats the only option if it doesn't get played today or tomorrow. Liverpool West Brom a Dgw in 35 and then play Liverpool Utd in GW36.

Sorry i misread that about West Brom, thought was United, DGW for pool with a game in 36 would be huge for their players.

COH wrote: »
    Jesus... what a disaster
    GetWithIt wrote: »
    Arse

main rival had 5 players in that game, and 3 of his starting 11 didn't play - talk about bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

main rival had 5 players in that game, and 3 of his starting 11 didn't play - talk about bad luck

Reschedule tomorrow?

F u gary neville

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've JWP as first sub with 10 points. Really hope the game gets bumped to a later gameweek so I can fluke it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Same boat here. 5 players. Some annoyance. Rudiger on bench.
    Neither of my keepers played on top of it. Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

With tomorrow being a bank holiday I can see the game being played at 4pm.

Xander10 wrote: »
    Reschedule tomorrow?

F u gary neville

You would think PL would just say it's tomorrow, if they came with decision to postponed it.

Maybe the PL/police etc want this weekend to cool down and play in future weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

This is a pain in the hole. I have lingard and capt kane left. Everyone else around me has lingard, son and kane. Directly lost out here.

Nothing that can be done though just have to suck it up. Very frustrating when there's money on the line!!!

Edit: and I've definitely lost he head to head now as the dead team had havertz VC to Salah. Mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm another with 5 players in that, along with 2 no shows yesterday.
    Sums up the season to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Had 4 players in that game personally. Coady was already coming off my bench for Dias not playing yesterday so sh*te day FPL wise but great as a Utd fan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My team for this week

Martinez
    Dallas
    Maddison lingard
    Kane(c) nacho bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I’ve 5 players in this game and I took a -8.

My season is in tatters if this game doesn’t go ahead in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I’ve 5 players in this game and I took a -8.

My season is in tatters if this game doesn’t go ahead in the next few days.

It's a bit nuts now. Hopefully played tomorrow but united have Europa League Thursday as well.

This makes FF impossible, had 5 players, rival had one and is sub is dunk for 8 points. 30 point margin because of scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

My main rival has Salah, Jota, TAA, Shaw, Bruno, Holding, Saka and Rudiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

Unlikely to play it tomorrow with Europa semi on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

This FPL season summed up today.

Thank **** I have gave up caring weeks ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    It's a bit nuts now. Hopefully played tomorrow but united have Europa League Thursday as well.

Yeah hopefully. When I say 5 players that includes Jota who is on both my bench and Liverpool’s.

I’ve been badly punished for taking the -8 it looks like.

Advertisement