Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

What are the highest capacity 18650 batteries around right now? And anyone got a decent source for them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

What are the highest capacity 18650 batteries around right now? And anyone got a decent source for them? :D

Been using these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32809823573.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d7XibYG for a couple of years and no problems. Only downside is the wait to get them. Just ordered 10 more before The VAT rules come into effect in July.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I usually get mine here,
    cheap shipping from Holland and get them in less than a week.

https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/18650-size.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

con747 wrote: »
    Been using these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32809823573.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d7XibYG for a couple of years and no problems. Only downside is the wait to get them. Just ordered 10 more before The VAT rules come into effect in July.

What vat rule is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

What vat rule is that?

Currently EU and non-EU sellers selling goods online to EU consumers can import the goods into the EU, directly to the consumer, import VAT-free if the consignment of good(s) is valued at €22 or below. This ends 1 July 2021 and all imports will be subject to EU VAT.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

con747 wrote: »
    Currently EU and non-EU sellers selling goods online to EU consumers can import the goods into the EU, directly to the consumer, import VAT-free if the consignment of good(s) is valued at €22 or below. This ends 1 July 2021 and all imports will be subject to EU VAT.

Yes Non EU sellers to EU customers will have the €22 exemption removed from July 1 which in turn will probably affect EU customers purchasing from EU suppliers that source their product outside of the EU.

Just on batteries are these ok? https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/18650-size/samsung-icr18650-30a.html
    Just seeing different amps for different batteries, not something I've had to consider before.

Sorry for answering myself :P But yeah is there a recommendation for the Amps in a battery? Cheap ones are 8-10A, dearer ones are 30+.
    I'll be using 2 in my mod at ~80W and will be giving single ones to a couple of people to use at under 20W if it makes any difference.

Battery amps for regulated mod batteries is generally determined by your vaping style. So, vaping at 80w I'd recommend high amp batteries which will give you constant power for longer periods of time. At 20W a lower amp battery would suit but in general I'd never get anything below 20amp.
    Of course the build you use in your tank/rda will also have an effect on your batteries, the lower your build is then the more power is needed to heat the coil.

Hmm, that nkon site has only 3 in stock of 30A or higher in stock and they're all pretty low capacity.

Hmm, that nkon site has only 3 in stock of 30A or higher in stock and they're all pretty low capacity.

Apologies,disregard my original answer,I read you're original question wrong.
    Amps are generally determined by the build or coil you are using. A low build will generally require a high amp battery as more power is needed to heat the coil whereas a higher build/coil will work well with a lower amp battery. This is especially important if using mech devises as there is no inbuilt protection so a good understanding of Ohms Law is required.
    On regulated devises there are safety features already in place so in case of conflict between the coil and battery there are protections in place to prevent a battery overheating or venting.
    In general I'd purchase the best batteries you can afford,25 amp are good for general vaping with coils from about 0.5 upwards. 30amp or higher for any coil/build below that.
    Also look at the Mah on batteries,this is the time between charges,the higher the figure the longer you'll get between charging cycles. But again this can vary and depend on your vaping preferences.

• Advertisement

Are any of the batteries pretty much the same quality so?

I'm after 2 batteries for a mod at ~80W and 0.15 Ohms.
    And 2 more to be used individually at <20W and 0.8 Ohms.

Are any of the batteries pretty much the same quality so?

I'm after 2 batteries for a mod at ~80W and 0.15 Ohms.
    And 2 more to be used individually at <20W and 0.8 Ohms.

30 amp for 0.15 and 25 amp for 0.8 will wkrk well.
    Try to gdt a known brand like Samsung or Molicell

Sorry I know I'm being irritating at this stage but where would you buy?
    I've looked on NKON (https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/18650-size/battery-version-/flat-top/discharge-current-/22-35/stock/in-stock.html) but there's only 4 in stock above 20A and they're pretty low capacity.

Sorry I know I'm being irritating at this stage but where would you buy?
    I've looked on NKON (https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/18650-size/battery-version-/flat-top/discharge-current-/22-35/stock/in-stock.html) but there's only 4 in stock above 20A and they're pretty low capacity.

It's no bother at all, before Brexit I purchased all batteries from Fogstar. Co. Uk but unfortunately that's not really an option anymore.
    For an Irish based option try this https://www.efag.ie/18-e-cig-battery
    For a French based option try https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/content/21-the-anatomy-of-a-storage-battery
    Both sites provide excellent service.

Samsung 30Q on the French site seems to be the best choice. Even on the Irish site the availability of flat-top 18650s is pretty limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I got some January and I think I got them from E-Shop in Waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hi there, hope someone can help
    I've been using an odan atomiser and eleaf invoke this past year and loved it. Tank no longer registers the atomiser tried the usual cleaning etc and still no joy. Purchases aspire glint. Thing is it only has one battery and find I'm not getting the power as it's much lower. Can anyone suggest something similar to the eleaf invoke?

youngblood wrote: »
    Hi there, hope someone can help
    I've been using an odan atomiser and eleaf invoke this past year and loved it. Tank no longer registers the atomiser tried the usual cleaning etc and still no joy. Purchases aspire glint. Thing is it only has one battery and find I'm not getting the power as it's much lower. Can anyone suggest something similar to the eleaf invoke?

What wattage would you generally vape at?

Usually 45 to 50 odd with a 1.8 or 1.6 ohm coil

45 to 50 on a 1.8 or 1.6 coil seems very high for that particular coil, normally 1.8 or 1.6 would be used for mouth to lung style of vaping at a much lower power, somewhere in the region of 12 to 15 watts. But if it works for you then stick with it. Do you find that your coils burn out quickly?

• Advertisement

Normally they would last about week to week and a half, sometimes a fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are you sure they aren't or 0.2 or 0.3 ohm coils? Looking at this it seems that's all you can get for the Odan so 45/50w would make a lot more sense. I've accidentally fired 1+ ohm coils at 50w and usually they get blown straight away. I have an eleaf invoke myself a couple of years now and it's been fine, are you sure it isn't the Odan tank itself that has the problem, do you have other tanks you can try on the invoke to test it?

Sorry! 0.16/0.18 ohm! That decimal point is v important!
    Yea tried an aspire nautilus one. Friend tried another one and none would register on the tank
    If i unscrewed the atomiser slightly it would register but not at the correct ohm and prone to spillage, falling apart so not exactly a suitable solution!
    Had it for over a year or more so cant complain
    Just wish there was a tank with similar battery size ie. 2 batteries

Sorry! 0.16/0.18 ohm! That decimal point is v important!
    Yea tried an aspire nautilus one. Friend tried another one and none would register on the tank
    If i unscrewed the atomiser slightly it would register but not at the correct ohm and prone to spillage, falling apart so not exactly a suitable solution!
    Had it for over a year or more so cant complain
    Just wish there was a tank with similar battery size ie. 2 batteries

If it's a mod for the tank you're after check out the Aspire Revo, dual 18650,200w, solid piece of kit. Not sure if you can get the mod itself on it's own without buying it as a kit but if you can't get new you can let me know, I have one lying idle somewhere.

If it's a mod for the tank you're after check out the Aspire Revo, dual 18650,200w, solid piece of kit. Not sure if you can get the mod itself on it's own without buying it as a kit but if you can't get new you can let me know, I have one lying idle somewhere.

Thanks a million, will see how this battery lasts today! Would be screwed on a night out if yesterday's usage was anything to go by! But sure where would anyone be going at the minute! Thanks for all your advice!

• How do.

Have received great advice here over the years.

Stopped smoking 8 years ago.

Have now stopped vaping from about 9 months ago.

I almost exclusively vaped nut juice from wing nuts through a nautilus tank on an istick50. I simply got sick of having to be always prepared and always having to have it with me.

So now I’m thinking about having some disposable vapes in my home but to only use for nights out. I have been out a few times and only missed it at the start of nights but now I’d like to have the option to vape if I want to.

Cost is not really a problem. I don’t really want anything that needs attention re filling or charging. Just take out of packet and vape ideally.

I want something I can just grab out of a drawer at short notice and use for 5-10 hours and then bin it.

My plan would be to bulk buy (have 10-15 at hand) the item when I find the most suitable one.

Ideally it would be a similar flavour to my beloved nut juice and would have 6mg of nicotine. I would happily forgo the nicotine if I was guaranteed a decent throat hit. I always associated nicotine with a better throat hit. I also think the less clouds the better but I would still like to see some vape happening.

Any suggestions ?

How do.

Have received great advice here over the years.

Stopped smoking 8 years ago.

Have now stopped vaping from about 9 months ago.

I almost exclusively vaped nut juice from wing nuts through a nautilus tank on an istick50. I simply got sick of having to be always prepared and always having to have it with me.

So now I’m thinking about having some disposable vapes in my home but to only use for nights out. I have been out a few times and only missed it at the start of nights but now I’d like to have the option to vape if I want to.

Cost is not really a problem. I don’t really want anything that needs attention re filling or charging. Just take out of packet and vape ideally.

I want something I can just grab out of a drawer at short notice and use for 5-10 hours and then bin it.

My plan would be to bulk buy (have 10-15 at hand) the item when I find the most suitable one.

Ideally it would be a similar flavour to my beloved nut juice and would have 6mg of nicotine. I would happily forgo the nicotine if I was guaranteed a decent throat hit. I always associated nicotine with a better throat hit. I also think the less clouds the better but I would still like to see some vape happening.

Any suggestions ?

Disposable units are becoming more popular but the only issue is that they come pre filled with juice which may be an issue for you. I'm open to correction on that as I haven't used them.
    Have you considered a pod system such as this

https://theecigstore.ie/shop/vape-kits/pod-kits/uwell-caliburn-g-pod-kit/

Very popular with all types of vapers and very user friendly.
    Nut juice was a favourite of mine for years but the 10 ml bottle was a pain as I was going through so much of it in a month.
    The only similar juice that I've come across and still use is Nut Job from Boss Shots in the UK. It's maybe not as sweet but still very flavoursome. I usually get the concentrate and mix a 250mls bottle which will last me 6/8 months.
    https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product/nut-job-boss-shot/

• Thanks for the reply.

I’d expect it to come filled with juice.

I’ve no interest in buying juice, coils, tanks or refilling something or charging it either.

Literally just something I can take out of a drawer at short notice and go for a few bevvies. It wouldn’t be a regular occurrence.

What I’m looking for may not even exist.

I’ve looked at that device you’ve linked but will need to read through it again to get my head round it.

Thanks for the reply.

I’d expect it to come filled with juice.

I’ve no interest in buying juice, coils, tanks or refilling something or charging it either.

Literally just something I can take out of a drawer at short notice and go for a few bevvies. It wouldn’t be a regular occurrence.

What I’m looking for may not even exist.

I’ve looked at that device you’ve linked but will need to read through it again to get my head round it.

This is probably what you're after so https://ecirette.ie/products/n-one-disposable-kit?variant=33190064423043
    Might be out of stock there but they are available.

• Advertisement

Vapemail

Advertisement