Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

unskippable cutscenes are normally a dealbreaker for me and my goldfish attention span

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭jj880

Nearly finished Oddworld soulstorm here. Only a few more levels to go. Its good but not great. A bit rough round the edges in parts and after some promising levels is feeling like a bit of a slog now. Maybe the last few levels will change my mind but if I owned a PS4 or did not have PS Plus on PS5 I would not be paying 50 euro for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Announcement tomorrow or wait til the State of Play?
    Or neither like they did before and just announced late?

I see 2 games leaked are Stranded Deep and Battlefield V

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wouldn't mind playing Stranded Deep but I've a feeling Subnautica has wrecked survival games from me, will be hard to meet that standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind playing Stranded Deep but I've a feeling Subnautica has wrecked survival games from me, will be hard to meet that standard.

Myself and my daughter are still grinding through it

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Myself and my daughter are still grinding through it

Enjoying it? I love the look of it and would definitely give it a go but read it doesn't have much depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enjoying it? I love the look of it and would definitely give it a go but read it doesn't have much depth.

Pun intended?

Any new PS5 games coming out that may be included? And I don't mean Returnal.

Pun intended?

Any new PS5 games coming out that may be included? And I don't mean Returnal.

Totally....yupp totally meant that :pac:..... I wish i was that clever...

Hood: Outlaws and Legends is out on the 7th, would be the best bet if they were going with something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Good shout on Hood - it's not a full price game (€30 I think?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

PSN down for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Batesy wrote: »
    PSN down for anyone else?

Yep, seems to be down globally

It's the first proper game to remind me of scuba diving, well for the first hour or so until you go into the real depths. Have played about 60+ hours into it solidly, although I'd say 45 of those are herself directing me down to find an array of creature eggs to populate the multitude of environments she'd constructed to rear them in. Fetching the crab squid eggs while dodging leviathans was intense

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's the first proper game to remind me of scuba diving, well for the first hour or so until you go into the real depths. Have played about 60+ hours into it solidly, although I'd say 45 of those are herself directing me down to find an array of creature eggs to populate the multitude of environments she'd constructed to rear them in. Fetching the crab squid eggs while dodging leviathans was intense

Ah thought you meant ye were playing Stranded Deep. Yupp, Subnautica is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

I had PS Now for a very short time and downloaded Stranded Deep (its very Castaway) and it made my digital PS5 absolutely whine like I had never heard so I uninstalled it again.

A quick google shows its a common problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Wreckfest! Awesome :D

Nice, happy out with Wreckfest and Stranded Deep. Sucky month for ps now users though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Played them all on PS now, a disappointing month. But still have many hours of playtime from last months games alone so its not all bad

Edit: Just noticed wreckfest is PS5

Would be cool to have an online Boardsie Wreckfest Bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My ps now subscription renewed just yesterday.... What a waste of time that subscription has become

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Edit: Just noticed wreckfest is PS5
    Ah crap. I'm still in PS4 land.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Would be cool to have an online Boardsie Wreckfest Bash!
    Definitely game, make a break from the seriousness of the FIA gran turismo series

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sucky month for ps now users though.

This is a regular occurrence now, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Good month for me. Wreckfest is great fun, have it on psnow but that finishes on there soon so be good to own the ps5 version. Other two are ones I might have a passing interest but not enough to buy, so ideal to try risk free on plus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The type of service that Plus and Now are is very different.

I don't have Now but I think if i wasn't getting it mostly for older games I'd sub on and off.

Actually looks like a lot of fun. Would definitely be on for a few boardsie races of private lobbies can be setup?

^ It would be great if PS4 players could join the same lobby as PS5 players. If not then I'll be out in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glad I watched that review, it looks unreal! I would’ve easily dismissed that as another by-the-numbers, cheaply made destruction derby game without giving it a proper look but the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay looks incredibly fun.

Will definitely be giving that one a lash.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Glad I watched that review, it looks unreal! I would’ve easily dismissed that as another by-the-numbers, cheaply made destruction derby game without giving it a proper look but the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay looks incredibly fun.

Will definitely be giving that one a lash.

I think that review was of ps4 version as well. Apparently the ps5 version is 4k 60fps with extra graphical details and 24 car lobbies.

Actually i just read the ps5 version will be available in June as a 10 dollar upgrade. Bit confused now, is the release date moved to meet May ps plus?

Edit: yeah looks like the PS5 version was moved from 1st June to 4th May, nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Varik wrote: »
    The type of service that Plus and Now are is very different.

I don't have Now but I think if i wasn't getting it mostly for older games I'd sub on and off.

They ought to just combine them at this stage. It is getting a bit annoying of games on one and joining the other.

Advertisement