Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Was about to switch my wife’s phone to 48, had given Three my 30 days notice to leave. They have now given me there Simo deal for a tenner a month for a year with no contract so stayed with them.

Make sure to get confirmation by email etc from Three as they might "forget" to update the DD to 10e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

kingtiger wrote: »
    yes happened to me and the missus a couple of times a week, but since I changed the APN settings to 48months.liffeytelecom.com its been perfect

check your APN as mine was set to tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

There's a few more settings to change. Go on to the 48.ie for full rundown

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53106

I had the the same issue until I did the complete change and reboot phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Make sure to get confirmation by email etc from Three as they might "forget" to update the DD to 10e

Will do. I’ve always communicated with 3 in DM on Twitter and always found them very efficient

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes several times over recent weeks on an Android phone. Changed the apn to 48 but still getting the problem. I wonder are they just killing connections when the mast gets too congested?

I had that problem, too - I know for a fact that for me it started after an automated android update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Anyone have an issue with receiving verify by visa texts? I tried to purchase online but never received the texts. I've contacted the bank and they confirmed that the texts were sent and likely to be an issue with mobile phone provider. Strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Anyone have an issue with receiving verify by visa texts? I tried to purchase online but never received the texts. I've contacted the bank and they confirmed that the texts were sent and likely to be an issue with mobile phone provider. Strange one.

Aib login verification usually takes 2 or more resend before coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

4g+ must have been enabled on the mast about 500m from my house.

Had previously only managed H+ in the house but now I'm getting 120down and 37up. Can't argue with that. Well done 48. I presume it's part of the upgrades 3 are going upgrading masts to 4g in preparation for 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I had this before. It's because when I ported to 48, something went wrong and the database that stores information, about your current network, called the Home Location Register, was saying I was still connected to my old network.
    I ported to Eir, and then back to 48 and that fixed it.

I tried going through 48 but they denied it was their fault and just said the port went to plan and that my bank was using an unsupported SMS provider. It wasn't just my bank though, it was Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, anything that I have two-factor authentication set up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

magoo84 wrote: »
    I had this before. It's because when I ported to 48, something went wrong and the database that stores information, about your current network, called the Home Location Register, was saying I was still connected to my old network.
    I ported to Eir, and then back to 48 and that fixed it.

I tried going through 48 but they denied it was their fault and just said the port went to plan and that my bank was using an unsupported SMS provider. It wasn't just my bank though, it was Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, anything that I have two-factor authentication set up on.
    Well after spending an hour speaking to the bank and 48 they told me to check my spam test message folder. I honestly never knew such a thing existed. Lo and behold, checked it and there was a pile of verification texts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

How do you find the spam text message folder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭tiegan

New Home wrote: »
    How do you find the spam text message folder?

Go to your text messages list. At the top right of screen are three little dots. Click on these and it brings up a list of options. One of which is spam and blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think there were a few folk on here who switched from Virgin Media after their €5 per month per expired...
    Anyway...
    ITS BACK!...

Treppen wrote: »
    I think there were a few folk on here who switched from Virgin Media after their €5 per month per expired...
    Anyway...
    ITS BACK!...
    Thanks for this!! I need another one! Great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

Has anyone noticed their auto-renew membership didn't work?

It's giving me a message saying "Unfortunately you don't have a membership" and auto renew is switched off,
    but previously it's been auto renewing since I signed up last year.
    Not sure why its cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Got that even though auto renew had been working for a while, logged in and had to enter card details again even though it should have been already set up. In theory it's working again, won't know for another month!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Liaison

It's giving me a message saying "Unfortunately you don't have a membership" and auto renew is switched off,
    but previously it's been auto renewing since I signed up last year.
    Not sure why its cancelled.

Clearly a bug in the system. My mother didn't pay membership for 5 months and she had auto renew set up. They've fixed it now.ahe got 5 months free

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi all, planning on putting my wife's phone on this plan so got a free sim to check the coverage, at the moment im getting no service so assume i need to activate it, if it works out we will want to port her number but dont want to do it just in case, so when activating if i pick get a new number can i then port her number subsequently or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Cyrus wrote: »
    hi all, planning on putting my wife's phone on this plan so got a free sim to check the coverage, at the moment im getting no service so assume i need to activate it, if it works out we will want to port her number but dont want to do it just in case, so when activating if i pick get a new number can i then port her number subsequently or how does it work?

Yes you can port her number later. Also PM'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Cyrus wrote: »

Is her phone network unlocked? I ordered one for my wife’s only to realize it’s network locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Is her phone network unlocked? I ordered one for my wife’s only to realize it’s network locked.

it is luckily enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Is anyone still having trouble with calls not coming through? I remember some posters mentioning this a while back.

Just this week I've had a couple of people say they tried to phone me, no missed calls and phone beside me and definitely didn't ring. Was there any solution for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

Yeah I had lots of issues with no service and calls going to voicemails. Sometimes people got a message that the number doesn't exist.

I ended up moving for Eir for €9.99 unlimited calls and data by bundling it with my home broadband.

Coverage and calls are rock solid now with wifi calling and 4G Calling (VoLTE).

4G speeds not as fast with Eir but for normal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Thanks. I've had no issues all along (that I know of), with them since September last year and this is the first time anyone mentioned it. Would hate to have to move from them, as the prices on other networks all seem to have gone up. I don't mind compromising on data speeds or even a cap on minutes/texts, but I don't think it's too much to ask to expect that calls would get through to me.

Thanks. I've had no issues all along (that I know of), with them since September last year and this is the first time anyone mentioned it. Would hate to have to move from them, as the prices on other networks all seem to have gone up. I don't mind compromising on data speeds or even a cap on minutes/texts, but I don't think it's too much to ask to expect that calls would get through to me.

Try it on 3G only mode and test a few incoming calls.

Calls don't work on 4G (VoLTE not supported by 48) so there might be a glitch somewhere causing the signal for an incoming call to be mishandled from the network side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭gussieg

have got 3 sims left and was trying to set one up for relative , but when i try to sign up it just goes in a loop to the log in / activate sim page and then enter details . any help? thanks

hdl wrote: »
    Is anyone still having trouble with calls not coming through? I remember some posters mentioning this a while back.

Just this week I've had a couple of people say they tried to phone me, no missed calls and phone beside me and definitely didn't ring. Was there any solution for it?

I have had terrible trouble with this problem with Tesco mobile (also on 3 network) tried a new sim card, and then a new phone. Still happened. Just moved to virgin mobile, have had their sim for a couple of weeks now and it has not happened at all. My tesco sim lost service 5 times yesterday that I know of. A new low, and so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Hi, just ported from vodafone to 48 this evening and I can make calls and receive texts but cannot receive calls. I've been with 48 for a few months now and had no issue with the 089 number and topped up with 3 days left.

Been onto customer support for over an hour with no resolution.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and was it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

just ported from vodafone to 48 this evening and I can make calls and receive texts but cannot receive calls.

Probably not fully ported, see if it sorts itself out by tomorrow, if not then try 48 support again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Plascebo wrote: »
    Hi, just ported from vodafone to 48 this evening and I can make calls and receive texts but cannot receive calls. I've been with 48 for a few months now and had no issue with the 089 number and topped up with 3 days left.

Been onto customer support for over an hour with no resolution.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and was it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Try turning off your phone for a few minutes, might work.

• Advertisement

Got that even though auto renew had been working for a while, logged in and had to enter card details again even though it should have been already set up. In theory it's working again, won't know for another month!

Might be something to do with PSD2 and SCA which could possibly have required recurring card payments to be re-entered after a certain date.

Advertisement