Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Zardoz

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1381234424050810884

Equivalent of the whole Irish Population vaccinated in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I don't disagree with you, but I think it would be hard to quantify by county given there will probably be a lot of people vaccinated in Cork from surrounding counties for example, like it's possible people from Limerick will be sent to Mallow. Workers in CUH probably commute from east Kerry, west Waterford and south Tipp, and also anyone on or near a county border could well have a gp in a different county. It's doable I'm sure based on address registered to the pps number somehow but it's admin that could be better put to use organising more appointments.

I think a GP gets a certain minimum amount of doses so they might go into the next category if they don't have enough over 80s to use up the amount they got but that's pure hearsay. I've no idea how the amounts are being allocated to different GPs.

The figures may be available but not released. FOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Zardoz wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1381234424050810884

Equivalent of the whole Irish Population vaccinated in one day.

We are miles off the 1 million mark for this month and a long long way off the revised 860K a month figure also. It’s been a **** show from the HSE from the start and doesn’t seem to be getting any better. We’d need to do 35,000 jabs a day 7 days a week to hit the target for this month.... As of Friday we had over 100,000 vaccines in storage going by HSE figures... wonder how many they’ll get administered when the weekend figures are given. Probably 30/40 K

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The subject here is COVID in Cork.
    Now I know vaccines are related but the discussion so far on them has only partially been Cork related. I believe there are great threads on vaccines in the COVID forum for the more wide-ranging discussions, please avail of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

- Lowest daily cases since mid December (303)
    - Fewest new hospital admissions since late November
    - A 'step change' coming in vaccines administered this week.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1381262822974353411?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

pwurple wrote: »
    The BMI needs to be higher than 40, I know a couple of people in that category who are done now. It was through their GP in both cases.

Their BMI is greater than 40 and when I contacted their GP (Cork based) they are still on 75 to 79. I rang again on Friday and still no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

303 cases today, lowest in a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sigh. Posts ignoring warning above deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

(Sorry to ask his here but..) Why are posts about nationwide case numbers ok, but posts about nationwide vaccine numbers are deleted? The vaccines numbers are about the ONLY good Covid news at the moment, seems odd to remove just them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

394 cases today.
    8 in Cork - single digits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork Lass wrote: »
    394 cases today.
    Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

394 cases today.

It's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

394 cases today.

Brilliant to see

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

marno21 wrote: »

???

:confused:

Unfortunate typo :pac:

Dunmanway is an interesting location to choose :confused: Don't quite understand that going off LEA data

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dunmanway is an interesting location to choose :confused: Don't quite understand that going off LEA data

Prob to show how bad Dub is in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Be interesting to see if they switch to mallow Road the week afterwards.
    The whole of Mid/West cork gets referred to dunmanway if symptomatic so they must be way down on these appointments & doing walk in to keep it open.

394 cases today.

And no deaths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cork hospitals are up a smidge
    CUH has 6, 2 in ICU
    Mercy has 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

marno21 wrote: »

Good. Given how low Cork is, it would be interesting to see what the inevitable background positivity rate is.

pwurple wrote: »
    Cork hospitals are up a smidge
    CUH has 6, 2 in ICU
    Mercy has 1
    It's actually stable, has been 7 total for the last 10 days or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

It's also in a rural GAA club a couple of miles outside Dunmanway. Surely they could have put it in Dunmanway town itself where it'd get better traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's actually stable, has been 7 total for the last 10 days or so

Ah yeah, it's only one patient in it, that's why I said slightly...

On the HSE daily reports these are the numbers for the last few days
    April 9th CUH 6 Mercy 0
    April 10th CUH 6 Mercy 0
    April 11th CUH 6 Mercy 1
    April 12th CUH 6 Mercy 1

Not much difference really, all very low tg.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

More likely a patient in the Mercy returned a positive test rather than a patient admitted due to severe covid.

There has always been a testing centre out near Dunmanway

5 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

5 cases in Cork today

That's brilliant news.

Went down to Garretstown for the afternoon and it was absolutely fantastic to see all the elderly people out and about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

5 cases is excellent but everything is still shut and there’s no plan to reopen them anytime soon. All seems a bit helpless at the moment whether it’s 5 or 50 cases a day in Cork as nothing changes.

Advertisement