Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Options

Comments

There's plenty of nice flat Italian flag on the other side of the white line. If you're wide enough to be hitting the "aggressive" kerbs then tough.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'd love nothing more than for Gasly to outperform Perez this season.

DTS taught me that Horner wouldn't give Gasly the drive because he was being stubborn and wanted to be proven right rather than anything to do with Gasly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Faugheen wrote: »

DTS taught me that Horner wouldn't give Gasly the drive because he was being stubborn and wanted to be proven right rather than anything to do with Gasly.

I think it taught me that Red Bull have full access to all performance and telemetry data, and didn't believe there was any reason to expect Gasly to perform much better, regardless of how it looked from the outside.

Perez is one of the best drivers on the grid and he's still struggling, the Red Bull is not easy to drive and is simply not as good a car as Max Verstappen makes it look, that's been becoming increasingly clear through a number of seasons and different teammates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ah, Gasley’s performance level went down the toilet too so it’s certainly not All down to Horner. They have a track record of breaking good drivers but developing some tip-top drivers like Verstappen, Ric and Seb. Perez isn’t a young driver so I think he’ll do much better then Gasley did.

Gasley is doing much better again now that he’s out of the Red Bull.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think it would be Marko's call more than Horner as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

More spinnies from Mazepin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks like a tight weekend and a real car breaker. Seeing the snaps over oversteer were really nice, arcs back to the early 2000's to me.

FP3 should be a tight one with RB trying to make up the pace, still fancy Max to be very close this weekend. Ferrari look solid as well!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah, Gasley’s performance level went down the toilet too so it’s certainly not All down to Horner. They have a track record of breaking good drivers but developing some tip-top drivers like Verstappen, Ric and Seb. Perez isn’t a young driver so I think he’ll do much better then Gasley did.

Gasley is doing much better again now that he’s out of the Red Bull.

Yeah but I also think, like Albon, it came down to confidence going to the toilet as well. Red Bull have a history of just dumping drivers after promoting them too early.

Since then Gasly has become a race winner and I think he properly deserved another go, but DTS just looked like it was Horner being stubborn. That’s just my thoughts.

Meanwhile, Alan van der Merwe still has it:

https://twitter.com/f1/status/1382749803000569858?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well this has been the hardest break between F1 races in recent years so hopefully the mercs don’t kick on and we get a precession. I want a competitive season.

Yeah but I also think, like Albon, it came down to confidence going to the toilet as well. Red Bull have a history of just dumping drivers after promoting them too early.

Since then Gasly has become a race winner and I think he properly deserved another go, but DTS just looked like it was Horner being stubborn. That’s just my thoughts.

Meanwhile, Alan van der Merwe still has it:

I think you're completely right with Albon. I think his performance at AT was similar to Gasley and if he got a second shot at AT he would be similar to Gasley now. The way it worked out was complete luck of the draw for them If Albon was promoted first then he would be back at AT and Gasley would be out of F1.

Perez almost certainly won't be affected by the politics and pressure the way the young drivers were. I think he'll still be well off Max's pace though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Perez is having to change his driving style to suit the car. I'd say it'll take a few races but with his years of experience and determination I'd expect him to be on par with Max quickly. I would say there's at least a win for Checo this year.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Perez is underperforming, that might change quickly but for now I miss to see the advantage to Albon or Gasly.

Perez is having to change his driving style to suit the car. I'd say it'll take a few races but with his years of experience and determination I'd expect him to be on par with Max quickly. I would say there's at least a win for Checo this year.

He might adapt and improve but it’s a big claim to suggest he’ll be on par with Max. I think max is an exceptional talent and Perez is alright and very experienced - good overall but not excellent and certainly not on Max’s level. Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

... Only time will tell. :D

If he scores better than Max this year, does that mean he's better than Max, I jest! :p

Here's hoping for a cracking season.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

MazeSpin .....

Daddys money buys you the car, but cant afford the skills to drive it !! Pathetic.
    The lad will injure someone !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What's his penalty possible points situation? I know he was close to a ban, but not sure if they've expired...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

What's his penalty possible points situation? I know he was close to a ban, but not sure if they've expired...

I don't believe his F2 points carried over . if it's Mazipin your asking about.

Dry qual and 60% chance of wet race .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

who does nicholas latifi think he is putting a wiliams that high up

and just as I say that he goes off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

Another red flag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus, that could have been a big one for Max

• Advertisement

That aws data about the breaking was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

Alot of times being deleted, should make qualifying interesting later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Norris getting some air.

klose wrote: »
    Alot of times being deleted, should make qualifying interesting later on.

Well once the drivers are told and all of them know what not to do then it’ll be fine.

Love imola and tracks of this type.

The Alfa looks good.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The Alfa looks good.

Spinning around in the gravel ? Hopefully that camera angle was making things look closer.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Spinning around in the gravel ? Hopefully that camera angle was making things look closer.

I'm taking livery wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Love imola and tracks of this type.

Me too,

Not like your name this one, mistakes will be severely punished.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The Alfa looks good.

All Alfas look good.

Advertisement