Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

Whatever happened to Sineads beard oil business that Carla took over?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,285 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Craig is getting promotion very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It's even worse than I thought.

ridiculous to have a counselling session in the Bistro but for comedy effect I did think Gemmas mam was funny:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Carla looks stunning...

Carla looks stunning...

Have you tried Specsavers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,117 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Does Fizz know that Alina and Ty got jiggy?

To thine own self be true

Have you tried Specsavers?

Mee-oow......jealous much...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

Tyrone and Fiz having a counselling session in the Bistro with Toyah was an absolute farce. Go to one of your homes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Does anyone else find Tyrone's obsession with Alina very creepy ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

casio4 wrote: »
    ridiculous to have a counselling session in the Bistro but for comedy effect I did think Gemmas mam was funny:D:D

I couldn't believe that scene, I'm like, 'why the heck are they doing this there? Gemma's ma could sort them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anyone else find Tyrone's obsession with Alina very creepy ???

After listening to Fizz for years, there's a good chance you might go a bit mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

According to the Coronation Street Wikia, Carla and Peter's wedding is the 99th successful wedding on the show. So if Abi and Kevin's goes to plan, that will be the 100th, unless of course Tyrone and Alina escape that bitter screeching harpy Fiz elope :cool:

Separate from the 28 unsuccessful weddings. I honestly thought that number would've been way higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I missed the second of Wednesday's episode too.
    Did Tyrone get his loins out?! :o

Yup...for sure he did. She appears so young and coquetish, the image of him going at her like a sex starved but kindly neighbour makes me heave. I wonder how my stomach would fare out if there was no social distancing on tv.. So all of the debauchery was done onscreen?? I think my reproductive organs would actually shrivel up and withdraw in horror into my chest cavity.
    Craig and Fay's thing turns my stomach a bit too..I'm not sure why but I think if he closed his mouth an odd time it would help.
    Abby and Kevin don't suit really but I wouldn't spew at the image of them together..if he tidied himself up a bit.
    Preposterous, Feez and Ty meeting a therapist in a restaurant. Why didn't they change seats to get away from Gemma' s mother?! Fcuk sake...are they paying Toyah??! Silly billies...
    Why do these people leave it until the actual day of their weddings to write their vows and make their dresses??! Seriously though, I wish the writers would leave this couple in peace. Socially isolate them for a month and let them have a proper Carla/Peetah love scene.
    I would swap Gemma, Chesney and the quads for Gemma's mam anyday. A great comedy actress with perfect timing. Get rid of her family and develop her character. There you go Corrie writers, that's free advice.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yup...for sure he did. She appears so young and coquetish, the image of him going at her like a sex starved but kindly neighbour makes me heave....Craig and Fay's thing turns my stomach a bit too..I'm not sure why but I think if he closed his mouth an odd time it would help.
    Abby and Kevin don't suit really but I wouldn't spew at the image of them together..if he tidied himself up a bit.

Something I can't help but think when all these characters fall head over heels or tear into the bedroom is that I can't imagine many of the cast (characters, not actors) having anything other than the most dreadfully plain vanilla sex.

If I was to consider who might actually be a hell of a lot of fun in the bedroom when they're at their best and with a compatible partner (again characters, not a comment on real people), I would hazard a guess or not be surprised at:
    Tracy, Todd, Adam, Leanne, Toyah, Tracy, Peter, Sarah, Ryan, or Tracy.

Rare do we see characters exiting the bedroom with a smile on their face and a limp in their step.

...yeah it's been a long lockdown...

Jikashi wrote: »
    Something I can't help but think when all these characters fall head over heels or tear into the bedroom is that I can't imagine many of the cast (characters, not actors) having anything other than the most dreadfully plain vanilla sex.

If I was to consider who might actually be a hell of a lot of fun in the bedroom when they're at their best and with a compatible partner (again characters, not a comment on real people), I would hazard a guess or not be surprised at:
    Tracy, Todd, Adam, Leanne, Toyah, Tracy, Peter, Sarah, Ryan, Alya and Tracy.

Rare do we see characters exiting the bedroom with a smile on their face and a limp in their step.

...yeah it's been a long lockdown...

I see you mention Tracy twice.. interesting but yeah she does have that glint in her eye alright..

Ann22 wrote: »
    I see you mention Tracy twice.. interesting but yeah she does have that glint in her eye alright..

Three times even. I'm pretty convinced she could absolutely annihilate a sexual partner, and I don't just mean by a statue to the noggin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Yeah , the scene with the marriage counselling in the restaurant must be the stupidest ever. Ordinary people just wouldn’t do that.
    And since when can Gemmas ma afford to be drinking wine and eating mussels ? She’s always skint!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah , the scene with the marriage counselling in the restaurant must be the stupidest ever. Ordinary people just wouldn’t do that.
    And since when can Gemmas ma afford to be drinking wine and eating mussels ? She’s always skint!!

She had coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

They took a serious subject and turned it into an attempt at comedy. You can nearly see inside the mind of the cretin that dreamed that up. I bet their every sentence begins with soooo and they use the word basically a lot. Bernie was great but that was the wrong scene to have her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

That was a very convincing fall at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

My former fitness instructor wife suspects that Craig may have reclaimed a couple of his lost kilos.

LogicusRex wrote: »
    That was a very convincing fall at the end.

Not really, fell face first onto cobbles...not even a drop of blood.....bursted nose at least...

You always know when Corrie's been on for an hour episode..half an hour of stortlines, half an hour of crap....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My former fitness instructor wife suspects that Craig may have reclaimed a couple of his lost kilos.

He's always doing that!

He looks healtier for it....

Three times even. I'm pretty convinced she could absolutely annihilate a sexual partner, and I don't just mean by a statue to the noggin. :D

Oh yeah 3 times! Sorry I was slow on the uptake lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »

Bernie was great, telling it like it was, the truth, better than Toyah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That counselling scene in the restaurant was ridiculous. Nobody would do that in real life. Fiz asking Tyrone if he left her for Alina because he wanted to be with someone different as suggested by the brilliant councillor Toyah:P All they were missing was if Tyrone and Alina were having sex on a nearby table and Toyah asking Fiz how does that make you feel.

That counselling scene in the restaurant was ridiculous. Nobody would do that in real life. Fiz asking Tyrone if he left her for Alina because he wanted to be with someone different as suggested by the brilliant councillor Toyah:P All they were missing was if Tyrone and Alina were having sex on a nearby table and Toyah asking Fiz how does that make you feel.

I didn’t like what Gemma’s mam said about mental health aka giving it a fancy name and saying everyone can have they have it

I didn’t like what Gemma’s mam said about mental health aka giving it a fancy name and saying everyone can have they have it

Especially when BOTH her own children struggle with mental health challenges related to post-natal depression, and PTSD following sexual assault as a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Especially when BOTH her own children struggle with mental health challenges related to post-natal depression, and PTSD following sexual assault as a child.

That is true Paul and Gemma had/have but also it is used too much now as an excuse by either undiagnosed or nothing wrong types or in Corrie dropped, what happened to Steve's storyline?

Advertisement