Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes - J&J
    No haven't got it yet, getting fcukin ridiculous at this stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Just had my vaccine, Radisson in Limerick, waiting the 15 mins now ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I get my 2nd jab early May in NI.

I see the North started on the 40+ age group the other day. They are flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

I got the AZ today, feel fine so far, will report back. I had it in a clinic near the hospital, very well done and organized:)

just an update, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    just an update, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

Woke up with a migraine myself this morning after getting the vaccine yesterday, 3 lots of Solpadeine later and it's finally starting to lift, very tired though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭wijam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first dose today, AZ, in the SSE Arena in Belfast, great setup

Feeling grand at the minute 6 hours later, will be interesting to see tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my AZ jab at the SSE in Belfast yesterday morning, and so far no side effects at all. Wife got it as well and for her the only thing so far is a sore arm.

Hope I haven't jinxed it now. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Az in Lansdowne road yesterday. Fine yesterday, but not great this morning. Injection site is aching, aching joints, and feeling pretty drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Be carefull folks of the vaccine remember the vaccine is for emergency use only and still in phase three trails ignore what rte or corrupt government says

for those that have taking the vaccine I hope it has no ill effects

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX’ family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    My wife had her vaccine, the Moderna one, last week. Her arm was very painful the following day, then after a few days she was fine, just a small bruise.

• Advertisement

Yes - Moderna first jab
    McGaggs wrote: »
    Az in Lansdowne road yesterday. Fine yesterday, but not great this morning. Injection site is aching, aching joints, and feeling pretty drained.

Mainly recovered now, still a bit tired and arm is still a bit swollen from the injection. I also have no recollection of making that post; but I'm not sure there's a causal link ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Yes - Moderna first jab

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX’ family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

Damn - wish I’d known this before I got my AZ vaccination last Thursday, I’d have given it a miss and used the time to score me some Crack Cocaine instead!

As a btw, chills and headache that night, lots of water and some Solpadeine the next day and I was fine - enjoyed the duvet day if truth be told. “..but but I’ve had AstraZeneca, you couldn’t possibly be asking me to get up off the couch?”

Yes - Moderna first jab
    When I get called for my vaccine I'm fully expecting the same reaction I get with my annual influenza shot, and as far as I'm concerned I will take it as a positive sign that my immune system has recognised the challenge and successfully adapted my immune response to Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sister in law got her first AZ vaccine in late February. Travelled in a car for 30 minutes with a work colleague at weekend who wasn't vaccinated and ended up getting covid from her. Danger of letting the guard down thinking one vaccination is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cazale wrote: »
    Sister in law got her first AZ vaccine in late February. Travelled in a car for 30 minutes with a work colleague at weekend who wasn't vaccinated and ended up getting covid from her. Danger of letting the guard down thinking one vaccination is enough.

And what kind of symptoms did she have from Covid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't think the vaccine is engineered to completely stop a person "getting" covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭baz9375

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my first Astra Zeneca vaccine shot on Friday in Belfast (as soon as it opened to over 40s).

Felt fine afterwards, only side effect was tightened muscles around my jaws that evening and Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yes - Moderna first jab
    kippy wrote: »
    I don't think the vaccine is engineered to completely stop a person "getting" covid.

It’s not per se. Idea being that the strains it was developed on, if you came into contact your body would easily fight off. If you come into contact with a new strain, then you should have initial antibodies that will slow down the infection while you build new antibodies. So you can still get Covid, it just shouldn’t be a bad reaction and you should recover quicker. Same with the flu jab.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Janey Mack wrote: »
    Damn - wish I’d known this before I got my AZ vaccination last Thursday, I’d have given it a miss and used the time to score me some Crack Cocaine instead!

As a btw, chills and headache that night, lots of water and some Solpadeine the next day and I was fine - enjoyed the duvet day if truth be told. “..but but I’ve had AstraZeneca, you couldn’t possibly be asking me to get up off the couch?”

A lot of people have had flu like symptoms that come quick and leave quick.

I couldn't get out of bed nevermind the couch. I was battered with weird head sensations and tiredness for a week after. Although that could be my sinus infection. It's been a while since I had one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

kippy wrote:

One hundred percent. I know a good few people with one vaccine who are taking much bigger risks than they did previously. As with my example it's not as easy as that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Just wondering did they have a window open in the car while travelling together?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Based over in the UK, got my AZ jab this morning.

No side affects to report so far, took a couple of precautionary Paracetamol right after the vaccine. Will be interested to see how I feel tomorrow.

Absolute Bolloks

Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ive had it yeah. I have a different outlook on the pandemic now. I had one note of sniffles after it but closed the windows to take the edge off.

Im looking forward to getting back into the office and doing things I can excel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

The Nal wrote: »
    Ive had it yeah. I have a different outlook on the pandemic now. I had one note of sniffles after it but closed the windows to take the edge off.

Im looking forward to getting back into the office and doing things I can excel at.

Interesting to know what your outlook is now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Interesting to know what your outlook is now? :)

Certainly easier to paint a different picture of the world and not just seeing things on the surface. It'll be nice to have access to things again. Sick of just sitting around dossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    The Nal wrote: »
    Certainly easier to paint a different picture of the world and not just seeing things on the surface. It'll be nice to have access to things again. Sick of just sitting around dossing.

We'll just have to take your Word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The vaccines do not prevent infection.

So it is perfectly possible that a vaccinated person could acquire the coronavirus infection.

However, the vaccine helps to reduce the chance of the virus causing COVID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

Go to their web site. All manner of help etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes it is possible to acquire covid in between injections but your symptoms will probably be very mild.

I also have a different outlook now that im vaccinated. I find my minset has changed... its hard to describe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Wesser wrote: »
    Yes it is possible to acquire covid in between injections but your symptoms will probably be very mild.

I also have a different outlook now that im vaccinated. I find my minset has changed... its hard to describe

Yes, I too feel the need for an Office 365 subscription, and a Surface Pro to run it on.

Only joking, it feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and we'll all be able to go back to whatever we decide normal will be soon enough.

Yes - Moderna first jab

They have a helpline listed somewhere on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab

I looked this up, as I was curious myself :)
    HSELive – health service questions
    The HSELive team can answer general questions about the health service too.

Get in touch with us by phone, email or social media.

Open:

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
    10am to 5pm on Saturday
    Phone
    LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone:01 240 8787

From outside Ireland or the UK: 00 3531 240 8787

Email
    Send your query by email to hselive@hse.ie.
    We'll email you back as soon as we can.

Social media
    Send us a direct message on Twitter and we'll get back to you.
    Twitter: @HSELive

Also, the COVID-19 vaccine section on the HSE website is really good... it has a wealth of information with respect to the rollout and sub-sections dedicated to each vaccine (details on the EMA approval, leaflets, side-effects, etc.). It is updated regularly too (often on a daily basis).

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Also, following on from my last post, if anyone has any adverse reactions after receiving a vaccine, you can submit a HPRA* COVID-19 Vaccine Adverse Reaction Report via this link

*Health Products Regulatory Authority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Graces7 wrote: »
    Go to their web site. All manner of help etc.

Is it a side effect to the vaccine you want to report

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Is the vaccine working against the Indian variant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Which vaccine?
    No matter the answer, there's too little data yet to answer that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The variant has been known about since November and has been marked a variant of interest, which is at point 1 of the 3 point scale (Brazil and South Africa are at point 2 as variants of concern and no known variant is at point 3, which is variant of consequence).

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Wesser wrote: »

My Mum is SO excited counting down the days until she & all her sisters & friends are done (mid-end May, they've all had their 1st dose now) so they can all meet up inside & out again. She's giving out now the shops, hairdressers, cafes etc not opening quick enough to be ready for her 'coming out' lol. But thank goodness she not one of the ones still paralyzed by fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yes - J&J
    Had my first Pfizer dose on Saturday. Slight aches Saturday evening and Sunday. Felt a bit flu like yesterday but not too bad today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I couldn't get out of bed nevermind the couch. I was battered with weird head sensations and tiredness for a week after. Although that could be my sinus infection. It's been a while since I had one of them.

I'm 10 days in from getting the AZ vaccine and I still have that woozy head feeling and kinda like I'm getting a sinus infection or something.
    I take immunosuppressants so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Be carefull folks of the vaccine remember the vaccine is for emergency use only and still in phase three trails ignore what rte or corrupt government says

Was probably definitely the vaccine he got a week before that killed him, and definitely nothing to do with the cocktail of drugs he'd hoovered into himself that day.

Edit: Got my first one about 5 weeks ago, was in bits for 2 days, then grand since. Think second one has been pushed back from 12 weeks to 16 weeks now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

reports of low sperm counts in male and cessation of menses in women who have taken the jab.

Any update?>

Any sources of this information?

edit: actually don't bother, I see it's apparently a re-reg of a banned CT account, sources will not be forthcoming. And to answer the question, there has been no such reports outside of some people's imaginations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

reports of low sperm counts in male and cessation of menses in women who have taken the jab.

Any update?>

Something else that impacts fertility in men: covid-19

Low sperm count is likely due to the high temperature from someone who has side effects of the vaccine. Nothing to suggest long term implications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Got AZ yesterday at Aviva. Was in the q at 2.10 for 2.25 shot and there were c. 80 ahead om me outside the stadium. Got to first checkpoint at 2.45. Was asked for my time, then name and person then confirmed to me my first name. Person behind me had a 2.30.
    Another long q inside, probably 40 people. No one complaining (too much!) Once I got to the head of that q the registration was very quick. A few questions then gave me my vaccine card. Another q to get to the vaccination cubicles. Staff at my cubicle standing outside, beckoning me, speed up. Very efficient; in and out 6 or 7 minutes. Then on to the wait area, 15 minutes and out at 4.00.
    I heard from HSE person, that it was walk in and out in 30-40 mins in the morning. Who cares, great to be done
    Very low level reaction yesterday and today - muzzy head and a little 'off colour'. It has a reward - cup of tea in bed, a sandwich and a McFlurry.
    So if you are parking on street be aware it can take longer than you think. underground parking at the stadium and surface car park very close both beside entrance area and a fair amount of on-street parking.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Has anyone (HCW or otherwise) got their second Az dose yet?

I’m due mine at the start of May, but have not received any guidance if it will go ahead (at the 12 week mark) and/or if it will be substituted with a different vaccine.... (due to the current suspension)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I’m due mine at the start of May, but have not received any guidance if it will go ahead (at the 12 week mark) and/or if it will be substituted with a different vaccine.... (due to the current suspension)
    Know someone in HSE who was down for end of May, now expecting it to be the end of June , based on that 16 weeks change but they haven't received any updated details yet. Unless you had very adverse reactions to the first one you will be getting the 2nd AZ seem to be the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes - Moderna first jab

My husband is HCW he is due to get second AZ in a couple of weeks. They have all been told it will go ahead as booked.

I am able to book up NI (as have GP there) so will probably book in next few days it is now open 35-40 year olds which I am in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab

There were talks of changing it to 16 weeks instead.

At the moment the suspension does not affect those who already have had the first dose, they will still get the second dose of AZ.

I am also due mine 2nd week of May (12 weeks) but as above they might change it to 16 weeks instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement