Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes - J&J
    No haven't got it yet, getting fcukin ridiculous at this stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Just had my vaccine, Radisson in Limerick, waiting the 15 mins now ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I get my 2nd jab early May in NI.

I see the North started on the 40+ age group the other day. They are flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

I got the AZ today, feel fine so far, will report back. I had it in a clinic near the hospital, very well done and organized:)

just an update, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    just an update, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

Woke up with a migraine myself this morning after getting the vaccine yesterday, 3 lots of Solpadeine later and it's finally starting to lift, very tired though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭wijam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first dose today, AZ, in the SSE Arena in Belfast, great setup

Feeling grand at the minute 6 hours later, will be interesting to see tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my AZ jab at the SSE in Belfast yesterday morning, and so far no side effects at all. Wife got it as well and for her the only thing so far is a sore arm.

Hope I haven't jinxed it now. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Az in Lansdowne road yesterday. Fine yesterday, but not great this morning. Injection site is aching, aching joints, and feeling pretty drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Be carefull folks of the vaccine remember the vaccine is for emergency use only and still in phase three trails ignore what rte or corrupt government says

for those that have taking the vaccine I hope it has no ill effects

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX’ family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    My wife had her vaccine, the Moderna one, last week. Her arm was very painful the following day, then after a few days she was fine, just a small bruise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    McGaggs wrote: »
    Az in Lansdowne road yesterday. Fine yesterday, but not great this morning. Injection site is aching, aching joints, and feeling pretty drained.

Mainly recovered now, still a bit tired and arm is still a bit swollen from the injection. I also have no recollection of making that post; but I'm not sure there's a causal link ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Yes - Moderna first jab
    for those that have taking the vaccine I hope it has no ill effects

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX’ family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

Damn - wish I’d known this before I got my AZ vaccination last Thursday, I’d have given it a miss and used the time to score me some Crack Cocaine instead!

As a btw, chills and headache that night, lots of water and some Solpadeine the next day and I was fine - enjoyed the duvet day if truth be told. “..but but I’ve had AstraZeneca, you couldn’t possibly be asking me to get up off the couch?”

Yes - Moderna first jab
    When I get called for my vaccine I'm fully expecting the same reaction I get with my annual influenza shot, and as far as I'm concerned I will take it as a positive sign that my immune system has recognised the challenge and successfully adapted my immune response to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sister in law got her first AZ vaccine in late February. Travelled in a car for 30 minutes with a work colleague at weekend who wasn't vaccinated and ended up getting covid from her. Danger of letting the guard down thinking one vaccination is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cazale wrote: »
    Sister in law got her first AZ vaccine in late February. Travelled in a car for 30 minutes with a work colleague at weekend who wasn't vaccinated and ended up getting covid from her. Danger of letting the guard down thinking one vaccination is enough.

And what kind of symptoms did she have from Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't think the vaccine is engineered to completely stop a person "getting" covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭baz9375

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my first Astra Zeneca vaccine shot on Friday in Belfast (as soon as it opened to over 40s).

Felt fine afterwards, only side effect was tightened muscles around my jaws that evening and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yes - Moderna first jab
    kippy wrote: »
    I don't think the vaccine is engineered to completely stop a person "getting" covid.

It’s not per se. Idea being that the strains it was developed on, if you came into contact your body would easily fight off. If you come into contact with a new strain, then you should have initial antibodies that will slow down the infection while you build new antibodies. So you can still get Covid, it just shouldn’t be a bad reaction and you should recover quicker. Same with the flu jab.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Janey Mack wrote: »
    Damn - wish I’d known this before I got my AZ vaccination last Thursday, I’d have given it a miss and used the time to score me some Crack Cocaine instead!

As a btw, chills and headache that night, lots of water and some Solpadeine the next day and I was fine - enjoyed the duvet day if truth be told. “..but but I’ve had AstraZeneca, you couldn’t possibly be asking me to get up off the couch?”

A lot of people have had flu like symptoms that come quick and leave quick.

I couldn't get out of bed nevermind the couch. I was battered with weird head sensations and tiredness for a week after. Although that could be my sinus infection. It's been a while since I had one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

kippy wrote:

One hundred percent. I know a good few people with one vaccine who are taking much bigger risks than they did previously. As with my example it's not as easy as that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Just wondering did they have a window open in the car while travelling together?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Based over in the UK, got my AZ jab this morning.

No side affects to report so far, took a couple of precautionary Paracetamol right after the vaccine. Will be interested to see how I feel tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Absolute Bolloks

Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ive had it yeah. I have a different outlook on the pandemic now. I had one note of sniffles after it but closed the windows to take the edge off.

Im looking forward to getting back into the office and doing things I can excel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

The Nal wrote: »
    Ive had it yeah. I have a different outlook on the pandemic now. I had one note of sniffles after it but closed the windows to take the edge off.

Im looking forward to getting back into the office and doing things I can excel at.

Interesting to know what your outlook is now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Interesting to know what your outlook is now? :)

Certainly easier to paint a different picture of the world and not just seeing things on the surface. It'll be nice to have access to things again. Sick of just sitting around dossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    The Nal wrote: »
    Certainly easier to paint a different picture of the world and not just seeing things on the surface. It'll be nice to have access to things again. Sick of just sitting around dossing.

We'll just have to take your Word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The vaccines do not prevent infection.

So it is perfectly possible that a vaccinated person could acquire the coronavirus infection.

However, the vaccine helps to reduce the chance of the virus causing COVID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

Go to their web site. All manner of help etc.

Advertisement