Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    My grandfather who is 85 got his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. He collapsed the day afterwards. He hadnt been feeling great and stayed in bed. He got up a little later and his legs went from under him. He is fine since thankfully and is glad to have gotten the vaccine.

That's scary. What was he like before the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

tommybrees wrote: »
    That's scary. What was he like before the vaccine?

We would consider him healthy in that he is mostly independent and still drives and insists on doing his own shopping etc. He was in hospital right before covid for issues with breathing and he does suffer from arthitis but other than that he is healthy for his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Yes - Moderna first jab
    After the chills passed last night my temperature nearly got up to 39. I took a panadol just before bed and sweated like mad (never usually get night sweats ) and this morning it was just a few aches and pains, but I still called to cancel plans i had to look after a family member as I'm a bit run down and wouldn't want to be knocked tonight again like last night.

Very very glad I don't have work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I got the AZ vaccine yesterday and I'm feeling absolutely f

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Probes wrote: »
    I got the AZ vaccine yesterday and I'm feeling absolutely f

Absolutely fine or absolutely fücked?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes - Moderna second jab
    AstraZeneca dose 1 tomorrow in the Aviva. I tried to reply to the text to confirm, but it said it didn't support replies. I copied the number and wrote back with a yes, heard nothing back. Had something similar with Beaumont a few weeks ago (not re Covid) and they did reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Absolutely fine or absolutely fücked?

Sorry, it was a poor attempt at humour from me, I haven’t actually had it.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    AstraZeneca dose 1 tomorrow in the Aviva. I tried to reply to the text to confirm, but it said it didn't support replies. I copied the number and wrote back with a yes, heard nothing back. Had something similar with Beaumont a few weeks ago (not re Covid) and they did reply.

Did you reply to the number it gave in the text?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

Hmm, that was very odd. For my appt in Beaumont I just had to reply Yes or No to the text before the specified time to confirm. You don't get any reply so I messaged twice to be absolutely sure. I found that so frustrating as wasn't sure I was confirmed until I showed up. They really should send an acknowledgement

Yes - Moderna first jab
    CalisGirl wrote: »
    Hmm, that was very odd. For my appt in Beaumont I just had to reply Yes or No to the text before the specified time to confirm. You don't get any reply so I messaged twice to be absolutely sure. I found that so frustrating as wasn't sure I was confirmed until I showed up. They really should send an acknowledgement

I replied to the number they had in the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my notification for Beaumont tomorrow replied with yes am slightly worried as it's the astra injection and I have significant lower leg vein issues in both legs but also have multiple health issues which is why I'm being offered the vaccine in my late 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Troyster

Got my notification for Beaumont tomorrow replied with yes am slightly worried as it's the astra injection and I have significant lower leg vein issues in both legs but also have multiple health issues which is why I'm being offered the vaccine in my late 30s.

I too got a text to go tomorrow. Was totally surprised as was not expecting it . Replied to text to say YES but got no reply which seems normal. I have had friends in Scotland who have similar leg vein issues and other conditions and they got astra and were fine. Just a sore arm and 24 hour flu like symptoms but nothing bad. So don't be nervous its a safe vaccine and will give the protection you need . Good luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

2 Pfizer for me. Tired for about 12 hours after the second one otherwise perfect.

mRNA vaccines are a seriously exciting prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

is_that_so wrote: »
    It is but they have a two shot trial going as well. Data in summer I think.
    Oh did not know that. Every day a learning day

Yup, They decided to do a 2 shot trial from November to January. I was part of that trial, 50% chance of vaccine or a shot of saline.

I've been unblinded now, I officially had the 2 vaccine shots.

At the last bloodtest they thought that the 1 shot trial is good enough that regulators will use that instead of the 2 shot trial.

Anyway I've not had covid so its works :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Had the AZ Vax at 10 on thursday

Woke up the following morning with a fever and a bit of a headache and for the rest of the day felt like I'd a bit of a hangover , woke up this morning sweating like **** but had a shower when I got up and fine since

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Az yesterday (late 30s) woke up during the night, too hot and have bad hangover like symptoms this morning. Hopefully improve from here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sd james wrote: »
    No not yet. Elderly father still waiting too as things stand. Absolute joke hearing what went on at the citywest yesterday

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

beertons wrote: »
    What happened?

Duplication of appointments so lots of no-shows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonder how many charities got jabs?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know the current turnaround period for the astrazeneca jab I've been offered one on Tuesday but heard in passing recently 3 months between 1 and 2, that can't be right, can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

I had it on Wednesday in the Aviva. Was told it would be 12 weeks until the second one.

Anyone know the current turnaround period for the astrazeneca jab I've been offered one on Tuesday but heard in passing recently 3 months between 1 and 2, that can't be right, can it?

Yep. 12 weeks between the doses.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/astrazeneca/overview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Troyster

Very well organised this morning at Beaumont. Was in and out in one hour and that included 15 mins sitting in recovery area and 15 hanging around after.
    Will get a text to go back in 12 weeks for second dose. Did not even feel the needle go in. Very friendly nurses was a jolly atmosphere. When you go to recovery room they offer you a bottle of water and a badge which says you have had your vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yes - Moderna first jab

Yep 12 weeks.

Something interesting from the US now is if you come to the US and have taken an FDA approved vaccine, you’re restrictions /entry requirements will be less. Currently AstraZeneca has not been approved. Given I have to travel a lot to the US, if it’s not been approved by the second vaccination, I’ll have no choice but to opt out of it and do the Johnson and Johnson one instead. Will be interesting especially as Dr Fauci stated yesterday that the US won’t need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I've had first and second Moderna vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ddarcy wrote: »
    Yep 12 weeks.

Something interesting from the US now is if you come to the US and have taken an FDA approved vaccine, you’re restrictions /entry requirements will be less. Currently AstraZeneca has not been approved. Given I have to travel a lot to the US, if it’s not been approved by the second vaccination, I’ll have no choice but to opt out of it and do the Johnson and Johnson one instead. Will be interesting especially as Dr Fauci stated yesterday that the US won’t need it.

By the time regular travel to the US is happening again, AZ will be approved or on the list (as well as Sputink and Sinopharm/Vac). You also won't get a choice in vaccines, it'll be whatever is available for you on the day, and otherwise, back to the end of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yes - Moderna first jab
    astrofool wrote: »
    By the time regular travel to the US is happening again, AZ will be approved or on the list (as well as Sputink and Sinopharm/Vac). You also won't get a choice in vaccines, it'll be whatever is available for you on the day, and otherwise, back to the end of the queue.

I’ve had the first AZ one, but like I said if it’s not approved in the US I won’t be taking the second. They’ve got 10 weeks anyways, so we shall see. There’s no point in getting the second as I would have to get the J&J or other US approved one afterwards. So I’d be wasting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ddarcy wrote: »
    I’ve had the first AZ one, but like I said if it’s not approved in the US I won’t be taking the second. They’ve got 10 weeks anyways, so we shall see. There’s no point in getting the second as I would have to get the J&J or other US approved one afterwards. So I’d be wasting it.

I'm pretty certain the FDA will accept AZ given the announcements made so far, and it would unnecessarily cause friction with the UK (and yes, the UK are the source of a lot of their own misfortune worldwide at the moment, but there is still a good relationship there away from the bluster). It also makes sense for you to finish the vaccine course and get the coverage you can get from COVID, if another vaccine is needed down the line, it will be a good while off yet, and certainly longer than the 12 week time frame between doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    Getting J&J on Wednesday coming. One shot. Happy I don’t have to have two. Will let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement

A parent has had both doses of Pfizer. Zero side effects. Brother had AZ and had some soreness at the site of the injection that evening but that was it.

Advertisement