Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

Hopefully I will yet its likely to be challenging but the information from earlier posts on this thread might be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

Speaking of message boards.... Still no video results!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

yep i really thought they would be early this week. maybe later today???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

griffid wrote: »
    Speaking of message boards.... Still no video results!

I usually think 3 weeks and the following Friday, so Friday week.
    Interview results and first batches tend to be a little faster.

Awwwww that’s an extra week on top of my hopes 🀣 but I’m with you on the Friday theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Going by the previous video shortlisting, do most people pass it?

redmgar wrote: »
    Going by the previous video shortlisting, do most people pass it?

I doubt it because what would be the point of the exercise if most people pass. I am very open to and hopeful of correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

I doubt it because what would be the point of the exercise if most people pass. I am very open to and hopeful of correction though.

I agree, I know of people who have failed it. Most of whom would have lots of qualifications but very little experience of managing teams and/or multiple projects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You are correct. It is competitive at all stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

I think yesterday was 3 weeks wasn't it? So it should be this coming week. They're no longer sticking to Fridays since they're not having to be interrupted by angry phone calls anymore. Could be Tuesday or Wednesday, which is much better. Nothing worse than having the weekend spoiled by bad results.

• Advertisement

lucat wrote: »
    I think yesterday was 3 weeks wasn't it? So it should be this coming week. They're no longer sticking to Fridays since they're not having to be interrupted by angry phone calls anymore. Could be Tuesday or Wednesday, which is much better. Nothing worse than having the weekend spoiled by bad results.

How are they not interrupted by phone calls? I still get any phone call that would come to me in the office. They’re surely no different?

How are they not interrupted by phone calls? I still get any phone call that would come to me in the office. They’re surely no different?

I tried to call a few weeks ago but they had a voicemail saying queries had to be emailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Hello All, just an update. I was in the group that had interviews in March and I have just moved to the clearance stage. My OOM was 19 (open, Dublin) so it seems to be moving pretty quickly.

HelloPeeps wrote: »
    Hello All, just an update. I was in the group that had interviews in March and I have just moved to the clearance stage. My OOM was 19 (open, Dublin) so it seems to be moving pretty quickly.

good luck with your assignment, hope it's something good!

I think we finished on 23rd so 3 weeks tomo. I really thought they would be out by Friday. The last few batches are between 2 weeks and an odd day to 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

Brilliant, congrats! hoping that I may get word soon too! Do you know how long clearance takes before being assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Mbwb wrote: »
    Brilliant, congrats! hoping that I may get word soon too! Do you know how long clearance takes before being assigned?

I was assigned to a Department, asked if I was interested in considering it and given some forms to complete (Garda Vetting, references, self declaration). I would imagine that the Garda vetting is probably the longest part of the process and some posts, such as in Justice, require enhanced vetting. I'll let you know how I get on

I was assigned to a Department, asked if I was interested in considering it and given some forms to complete (Garda Vetting, references, self declaration). I would imagine that the Garda vetting is probably the longest part of the process and some posts, such as in Justice, require enhanced vetting. I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks and good luck, as a long time Civil Servant, I wonder do I go through this too.

Mbwb wrote: »
    Thanks and good luck, as a long time Civil Servant, I wonder do I go through this too.
    There will be some stuff to sign, regarding references, they will just ring your current line manager. Will probably only need to go through garda process if going to Justice or somewhere requiring "enhanced" vetting.

There will be some stuff to sign, regarding references, they will just ring your current line manager. Will probably only need to go through garda process if going to Justice or somewhere requiring "enhanced" vetting.

Thanks for replying, I just spoke to my AP and she said no references but they confirm that PMDS and sick leave records are satisfactory with HR, but yes I agree if it was Justice it makes sense for Garda vetting.

• Advertisement

It’s nearly Friday lunchtime again.

It’s nearly Friday lunchtime again.

sooo sloooowww. I am jumping out my skin every time I get a message and cursing any messenger that isn't public jobs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Anyone get asked if they were interested in the Irish stream?

sooo sloooowww. I am jumping out my skin every time I get a message and cursing any messenger that isn't public jobs! :D

Same here. I can't believe the closing date was only 3 and a half weeks ago. Seems more like 3 and a half months.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

When is this panel ending?

ammg wrote: »
    When is this panel ending?

Booklet says no appointments envisioned after 31/03/22.

Same here. I can't believe the closing date was only 3 and a half weeks ago. Seems more like 3 and a half months.

update: a colleague contacted PAS and was told they hope to have results out by end of April! Weeks away! Presumably this is a PFO and they could be out any day but definitely by end of month. I'm still hoping for today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

update: a colleague contacted PAS and was told they hope to have results out by end of April! Weeks away! Presumably this is a PFO and they could be out any day but definitely by end of month. I'm still hoping for today :)

Traditionally the results come out about half an hour after PAS says something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Traditionally the results come out about half an hour after PAS says something like that.

You're spot on Phoenix Parker.

Results just out!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I missed the qualifying mark by a few points because I mistimed my answer and got cut off. However 40/100 is still a low score isn't it? How can you get 80-100 if you've only 3 mins to talk?

Advertisement