Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

could you use the same example in two different questions in the online presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

I personally wouldn’t! Ideally competencies should be different IMHO!
    Tomjim wrote: »
    could you use the same example in two different questions in the online presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

I suppose it would depend on the example.
    E.g: you could say you were a PM for one and talk about the leadership of that role amd then in another competency talk about how you performed this role in addition to your normal role and how you managed deliverables or how you analysed the data and made specific recommendations.

Those that have gone through Etray; how long between invite and completion time? I presume we will get invite in the next few days??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

Any idea how many people applied to this comp in the first place and have been whittled down by passing stage 2? There was no OOM in Friday's email (which actually made me think I just passed the minimum score, wasn't being called - I had to email them).

• Advertisement

starringme wrote: »
    Any idea how many people applied to this comp in the first place and have been whittled down by passing stage 2? There was no OOM in Friday's email (which actually made me think I just passed the minimum score, wasn't being called - I had to email them).

no idea unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

There is no OOM for stage 2 or stage 3 (etray). if you qualify by meeting the mininum score required (eg 41 for stage 2) you go through to next stage, etray. You won't receive another OOM until you are placed on the panel (stage 4 interview). Hope this makes sense!

When does the testing window for the current video interviews close?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sunny7700

When does the testing window for the current video interviews close?

Tues 27th April!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 extendormove

Are you being recorded when you are completing the etray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Anyone know what’s the lowest OOM they’ve now called for stage 2? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s the lowest OOM they’ve now called for stage 2? Thank you

A friend of mine has been called to Video Interview with a score of 101. Not sure if PAS have gone any further down from that on OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

Just got message from PAS about Stage 3 Familiarisation Material with a testing window for the etray exercise between Monday next, April 26th and Thursday April 29th at 1pm. Can't open link to briefing document even by copying and pasting to another window- anyone having the same problem? EDIT: Can open document now. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CLS23

Can anybody tell me if the Etray is multiple choice like previous competitions or you write the emails yourself?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

CLS23 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if the Etray is multiple choice like previous competitions or you write the emails yourself?
    Thanks

You write the emails yourself as if you’re spending 90 minutes in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 extendormove

Just a quick question re the online interview -

- Are you asked to introduce yourself / tell us about yourself at the start of the interview or is it literally just the three questions we were sent that you answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Orchid1

Hi all, how long generally until people hear back after stage 2?

Just a quick question re the online interview -

- Are you asked to introduce yourself / tell us about yourself at the start of the interview or is it literally just the three questions we were sent that you answer?

It goes straight into the 3 questions

Orchid1 wrote: »
    It goes straight into the 3 questions

as part of answering the 3 questions have people provided an introduction to the question they are answering or is it straight to the answer?

as part of answering the 3 questions have people provided an introduction to the question they are answering or is it straight to the answer?

I guess it depends on what you want to say and how long it will take you. I went straight into answering the question as time is fairly limited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 John_odonoghue

There are a number of aptitude practice packages available for very reasonable money.

It is well worth investing in a year's subscription and make a practice schedule.

Those who have left school/college recently especially if they have been doing something maths related would fly through what are essentially basic maths problems. However if you have left school some time ago and don't regularly have to perform ratio or percentage calculations, these relatively simple problems can take more time than they give you.

Also the comprehension questions are not really testing your reading capability. They are assessing your ability to critically understand a text and only give answers that contained in the text (and not in your understanding of the topic being discussed).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DOM85

For those of you who have completed the 3 minute video interview do the 3 questions appear in the same order as in the familiarisation information. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 *Gaijin*

DOM85 wrote: »
    For those of you who have completed the 3 minute video interview do the 3 questions appear in the same order as in the familiarisation information. Thanks

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

What are you being marked for in the etray? Is it a score on each competency and what's the marking system (like is it 3 out of 5 you have to get)? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

What are you being marked for in the etray? Is it a score on each competency and what's the marking system (like is it 3 out of 5 you have to get)? Tia

This is how the results from the etray arrive:

The maximum score in each competencies is 5 and the qualifying score is 3.
    Your score in each competency is as follows:

Leadership
    your score: x
    Analysis & Decision Making
    Management & Delivery of Results
    Interpersonal & Communication Skills
    Drive and Commitment

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Charles14

Anyone do the etray opened today? Is there a time limit on the tutorial?

Anyone have an IT issues with the Video interview part? I have been trying the practice questions yet getting error messages near the end of each one.

I emailed the support people on this yet the other tests (webcam, mic & connection all came up fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

Anyone have an IT issues with the Video interview part? I have been trying the practice questions yet getting error messages near the end of each one.

I emailed the support people on this yet the other tests (webcam, mic & connection all came up fine)

I used my phone and it worked okay.

mine worked fine last night

• Advertisement

I will try a different WiFi signal with the phone as a last resort...as it looks better through a webcam (I think).
    mine worked fine last night

Advertisement