Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

5031 wrote: »
    Nearly 400 the last 2 years before covid came, I think May or June they will be able to go back to full numbers again. The good news is they've got the funding so it really is just a waiting game. We've already waited a year and a bit whats another one eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Majorian

Shield wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who got the call today.

The training is hard, the job is hard, but your community needs you, and it needs you now more than ever.

Advice? Don't lose sight of why you applied. Do everything you can to avoid becoming bitter and cynical. Constantly strive for humility even though you have mighty power.

I look forward to seeing you on the other side.

Shield.

This recruitment process is making me bitter and cynical, never mind the job 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Anyone else wait a while for smt results? Been waiting 3 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Anyone else wait a while for smt results? Been waiting 3 weeks now

Hey Paulo345, just over a week for my SMT results to come back after doing it. Yours might be delayed due to the Easter hols possibly?

Side note, big congrats to those who have gotten the call. It's great to see the familiar names from throughout the process getting their start dates. Well done, hopefully won't be too far behind if my vetting decides to clear! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

What months did people get called for (not specific dates)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

What months did people get called for (not specific dates)

May

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

johnboy76 wrote: »
    May

Maybe the next lot will be June/July. Fingers crossed here for a call soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Hi folks, just keeping you in the loop I’m FT2 and got my medical date today. I’m sure the rest of FT2 still waiting on medical date will have it shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Getting the prep in for starting Garnerville. On week 5 of the NHS couch to 5k app and also going to start an outdoor fitness class now that the restrictions allow it.

Still feel like I'm not doing enough though, don't want to be slacking behind in the PE sessions.

I've heard from some colleagues that restrictions could be lifted enough for indoor sports clubs to open by the end of this month.

I've always done a bit of boxing through my local club and it would be great to get in for a while before starting GV too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Hi folks, just keeping you in the loop I’m FT2 and got my medical date today. I’m sure the rest of FT2 still waiting on medical date will have it shortly.
    Nice one mate, glad you got your date through. Roughly when is yours..this month or next? Hopefully we’ll also be appointable soon, would love to get a start even by the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Delighted to hear that some of you have got a start date! Hopefully others won’t be too far behind!

I can tell you GV is tough (especially week 17) and the job is difficult and mega stressful but if you are motivated and willing you will do well!

Nothing but all the very best to those starting in May!

Any questions feel free to send them my way

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

It's more the nonsense that makes GV tough.

In fact it's quite straightforward.

It IS stressful but in terms of it being actually difficult it's NOT.

You WILL pass. You WILL get out the other side. The real world is not like it so if you really hate it DO NOT pack it in. Get out the other side and spend some time in the real world.

GV's distance from reality is actually quite terrifying.

Getting the prep in for starting Garnerville. On week 5 of the NHS couch to 5k app and also going to start an outdoor fitness class now that the restrictions allow it.

Still feel like I'm not doing enough though, don't want to be slacking behind in the PE sessions.

I've heard from some colleagues that restrictions could be lifted enough for indoor sports clubs to open by the end of this month.

I've always done a bit of boxing through my local club and it would be great to get in for a while before starting GV too.

Cardio and core.

Cardio and core.

Cardio and core

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    It's more the nonsense that makes GV tough.

In fact it's quite straightforward.

It IS stressful but in terms of it being actually difficult it's NOT.

You WILL pass. You WILL get out the other side. The real world is not like it so if you really hate it DO NOT pack it in. Get out the other side and spend some time in the real world.

GV's distance from reality is actually quite terrifying.

That echoes what I've been told, that GV is a game designed to test you. Head down and get through it.

A relative of mine who has been serving a while said GV teaches you how to be a police officer but the first two years on the beat teach you how to do the job, if that makes sense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Very accurate:
    MrChew wrote: »
    A relative of mine who has been serving a while said GV teaches you how to be a police officer but the first two years on the beat teach you how to do the job, if that makes sense.

Been out a year now. Still learning.

10 year cons still learn.

GV doesn't ready you

Anyone rang deloitte regarding the merit list? Thinking about it myself. Haven't contacted them through this process once but I feel like it's been nearly two weeks since they have been trying to find a place to finish the ACs and it's getting at me now.

Anyone else here appointable waiting to be called apart from myself and Faircop? We were appointable in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aj686

Anyone else here appointable waiting to be called apart from myself and Faircop? We were appointable in March.

I’ve been appointable since March as well! Such a long waiting game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

Waiting since March now myself! Hoping we hear something soon!

YamDiv6N wrote: »
    Waiting since March now myself! Hoping we hear something soon!

That makes me think then that the calls are going by appointment date. The folk who got the call were all appointable pre march from what I've gathered. I reckon we will be the next batch to get called hopefully.

I was supposed to have my medical at the end of January but it got moved to March because of covid restrictions. Oh well, just have to be patient for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Yes also appointable since March, hoping we maybe get a call in a few weeks time for a July course? Anyone know how many are been put onto a course?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Any FT1 folk waiting on vetting?

Yes also appointable since March, hoping we maybe get a call in a few weeks time for a July course? Anyone know how many are been put onto a course?

I think it was around 30 but that could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Anyone rang deloitte regarding the merit list? Thinking about it myself. Haven't contacted them through this process once but I feel like it's been nearly two weeks since they have been trying to find a place to finish the ACs and it's getting at me now.

Hi ASM1234. I have the same thoughts recently, hoping that the A/C will be near completion. I was thinking of giving it 2 weeks since the re-start of A/Cs last week, so maybe i can try and email Deloitte at the start of next week. What is the best way of contacting them you recon? If you contact them beforehand and you get any useful information that is sharable, please do share it with us here. Regards and best of luck.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

It's usually around 50, less than that for May though

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Hi ASM1234. I have the same thoughts recently, hoping that the A/C will be near completion. I was thinking of giving it 2 weeks since the re-start of A/Cs last week, so maybe i can try and email Deloitte at the start of next week. What is the best way of contacting them you recon? If you contact them beforehand and you get any useful information that is sharable, please do share it with us here. Regards and best of luck.:D
    Did the ACs get restarted last week? And yes I will indeed, think I'm going to ring today at some point after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

LC20 wrote: »
    Any FT1 folk waiting on vetting?

Yep FT1 waiting on vetting here too. Been away since beginning of October last year. Everything else has been passed. Would love to see that vetting pass email soon lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Did the ACs get restarted last week? And yes I will indeed, think I'm going to ring today at some point after work.

Actually, i have to admit i made a mistake. On the 7th of April i saw a post on here that someone said that they had their A/C in their office, not at the hotel venues, and hence, i assumed they had re-started the A/Cs. However, when re-reading the post, it seems that the person was not part of the batch of the last 30 A/Cs. Still worth contacting Deloitte though for us just to have an idea of when to expect the ML. :rolleyes:

Advertisement