Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Are the appointable candidates in FT1 who haven’t yet got the call hopeful that we’ll get it within the next couple of weeks for a June start?

At this point, its more likely to be an early July start if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

MrChew wrote: »
    At this point, its more likely to be an early July start if it happens.

What would make you think it’s in July? Cheers mate ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Someone I know of (not in this forum)has received a July start date already. I think there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know of at present.

LC20 wrote: »
    Someone I know of (not in this forum)has received a July start date already. I think there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know of at present.

Yes, there seems to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

I was on the phone with recruitment there middle of last week and was told that they were undecided and awaiting GV to confirm if there was going to be a July intake. Would appear either I was told the wrong thing or things were confirmed after I was talking to them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    What would make you think it’s in July? Cheers mate ! :)

What you mean he is a reserve for an earlier course and guaranteed the course after?

Merit list on or shortly after 18th May according to joinpsni.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Excellent news

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

At long last. I had emailed Deloitte this morning to ask this very question and had checked the psni recruitment page this morning also. Must have been updated in the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Great news folks, they usually email a couple days before aswell so here's hoping. 2 birthdays I've now been waiting for these results lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Just wondering what the ‘revised forecast’ means but finally we getting somewhere.

Anyone get the psni email? Courses to run June, July and august.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Anyone get the psni email? Courses to run June, July and august.
    Yeah got it too..great news there will definitely be courses running all summer, might just get that summer start after all! I’d say there will be one more round of calls made before the merit list is used for all future calls

Yeah got it too..great news there will definitely be courses running all summer, might just get that summer start after all! I’d say there will be one more round of calls made before the merit list is used for all future calls

Hopefully be in one of them! Just waiting for medical and vetting. Hopefully they don’t take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Yes, excellent news! Got the email there as well. A Summer start is looking a lot more plausible now, thank God!
    Hopefully AlphaBravoOut is correct and there is one more round of calls before the ML is posted for us appointable folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Hi.

For anyone that got the email about a July June or August starts, we’re they just fast tracked people? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Hi not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but is the 3.5k NI allowance tax free?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Who would i email about a change of address?

Hi not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but is the 3.5k NI allowance tax free?
    NITA is taxable and is also non-pensionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Does anyone know rough numbers to be recruited during this FY??

• Advertisement

JC12250 wrote: »
    Does anyone know rough numbers to be recruited during this FY??

So the last I'd read the additional funding was sufficient to maintain current officer numbers plus 100 more. Before the budget was finalised, the Chief Con said total officer numbers would drop by 300 over this FY without more money. Therefore, the funding should allow them to recruit 400 new officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

MrChew wrote: »
    So the last I'd read the additional funding was sufficient to maintain current officer numbers plus 100 more. Before the budget was finalised, the Chief Con said total officer numbers would drop by 300 over this FY without more money. Therefore, the funding should allow them to recruit 400 new officers.

Was it not meant to be 600?

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Was it not meant to be 600?

Yeah, that's a fair point, I'm just basing it on what has been said by the justice minister.

My understanding, though, is that the 600 was for the 2002 campaign in its entirety, which can cross financial years. The 400 would be for the 21/22 financial year only.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

I got an email back from recruitment today to confirm that they haven’t yet contacted any appointable candidates regarding a June (and obviously July or August) start date. Still holding out hope of getting the call for a June start next week.

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    I got an email back from recruitment today to confirm that they haven’t yet contacted any appointable candidates regarding a June (and obviously July or August) start date. Still holding out hope of getting the call for a June start next week.
    I think it was the second Tuesday in Apr that the first set of calls went out, so they might stick with routine and do the same thing again..second Tue in May, have induction roughly at the end of May and an end of June start, approximately? Just thinking in terms of giving notice etc. Hope you hear word soon

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

NITA is taxable and is also non-pensionable.

It isn't taxable but is liable to national insurance. It isn't pensionable

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RustInPeace90

Folks a question I meant to ask already and completely forgot (albeit because it’s probably a daft one):

Starting GV, what kind of schoolbag or other receptacle would you recommend/be allowed to have for lugging files/books etc around the campus? It’ll probably have to be black with little branding on it but I was just wondering do they have a policy on the subject.

Cheers in advance.

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    It isn't taxable but is liable to national insurance. It isn't pensionable
    Yeah that’s what I meant, non-pensionable and taxable, as national insurance contributions are a tax on earnings. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

Folks a question I meant to ask already and completely forgot (albeit because it’s probably a daft one):

Starting GV, what kind of schoolbag or other receptacle would you recommend/be allowed to have for lugging files/books etc around the campus? It’ll probably have to be black with little branding on it but I was just wondering do they have a policy on the subject.

Cheers in advance.

You won't need one, anything you need you'll be able to carry. This is what we were told at induction, they don't want bags as it is a tripping hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 RustInPeace90

johnboy76 wrote: »
    You won't need one, anything you need you'll be able to carry. This is what we were told at induction, they don't want bags as it is a tripping hazard.

Happy days saves another expense. Glad I kept the receipt for my bright pink Hello Kitty bag haha

Advertisement