Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hollystown

Hi guys
    I try to use Revolut but i am getting error, “something went wrong” any suggestions? I had subs then canceled waited until totally canceled. Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trying to sign up to Turkish Netflix through a VPN, but when I try to renew my membership it just keeps offering me the Irish prices. Same on both my PC and my phone. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Zaph wrote: »
    Trying to sign up to Turkish Netflix through a VPN, but when I try to renew my membership it just keeps offering me the Irish prices. Same on both my PC and my phone. Any ideas?

Try different VPN, Hola worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Cancelled a week or so ago.
    Expired on the 1st of April, and 'properly' on the 2nd.

Turned on Private Internet Access VPN (others are available) and logged into Turkey.

I'm now enjoying a movie on my €5.50 subscription for Ultra HD and 4 screens, taken from my Ulster Bank debit card. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Following on from my post a few days ago whereby as an existing Turkish customer, I was able to add and verify a phone number and add a revolut card, it took the month from my rev card today followed by a prompt price increase email from next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just signed up with a 100tl gift card as it wouldn't accept my Revolut. Wonder will it take payment okay from Revolut when the balance runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭skydish79

Cancelled a week or so ago.
    Expired on the 1st of April, and 'properly' on the 2nd.

Turned on Private Internet Access VPN (others are available) and logged into Turkey.

I'm now enjoying a movie on my €5.50 subscription for Ultra HD and 4 screens, taken from my Ulster Bank debit card. Delighted.

Well done, been trying every 24 hours for the last week without any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Adeus Argentino,
    Merhaba Türkiye! :p

No issues at all. €5.77 for a month, using KeepSolid VPN and Edge browser incognito, Curve and Irish phone number already set up in my NF account.
    Thanks to all the many posters in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Do you need to have turkish lira in your revolut account or will it take in euro?

Hococop wrote: »
    Do you need to have turkish lira in your revolut account or will it take in euro?

euro and it'll convert it at the time of purchase. The advantage of changing it to lira is to stack up on cheap lira for a few months worth of sub. It's currently quite low.

• Advertisement

No matter what I tried I couldn't get a Turkish price, it just kept giving me the Irish prices. Switched the VPN to Argentina, managed to get prices in pesos, but when I put in my Revolut card details it kept telling me something went wrong and wouldn't let me proceed. Anyone seen that before, and if so how did you get around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Zaph wrote:
    No matter what I tried I couldn't get a Turkish price, it just kept giving me the Irish prices. Switched the VPN to Argentina, managed to get prices in pesos, but when I put in my Revolut card details it kept telling me something went wrong and wouldn't let me proceed. Anyone seen that before, and if so how did you get around it?

Use a different vpn. Vpn unlimited & ghost both work

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Use a different vpn. Vpn unlimited & ghost both work

Already paying for ExpressVPN, looks like I'd have to pay for either of them too, which I'd rather not do. Do you know of any free VPNs that work?

Zaph wrote:
    Already paying for ExpressVPN, looks like I'd have to pay for either of them too, which I'd rather not do. Do you know of any free VPNs that work?

Expressvpn is the most reliable for US Netflix and the likes but it's turkey vpn is bad.

Unlimited vpn does a week free trial & ghost is free with lots of ads. Both do work though

Cheers, I'll give them a go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zaph wrote: »
    Cheers, I'll give them a go

If you are still having difficulty, I had success with paying for one month of Proton VPN for €5. A friend of mine also had success with this and even asked them for a refund the same day and got the €5 back.

I was able to get Netflix Argentina through ExpressVPN, so I know the VPN works. The issue I was having after that was for the payment. Would changing the VPN make a difference to the payment method?

Zaph wrote:
    I was able to get Netflix Argentina through ExpressVPN, so I know the VPN works. The issue I was having after that was for the payment. Would changing the VPN make a difference to the payment method?

Expressvpn doesn't work for Turkey. I have expressvpn. Its useless for Turkey. You will know if a vpn is working for Turkey when you don't see euros

Expressvpn doesn't work for Turkey. I have expressvpn. Its useless for Turkey. You will know if a vpn is working for Turkey when you don't see euros

Yeah, but I could get it to work for Argentina, and see Argentinian peso prices. The issue I was having then was with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

@Zaph

I used a virtual MasterCard with Revolut using a free 7 day trial on unlimited VPN and it went through easy enough. I could see it assigned me a Turkish IP and the Netflix URL had something like .com/tk or similar, so I knew I was on the right track.

I had set the payment before my account expired, though I doubt this had any bearing on it. Also I used incognito, though again, I don't think this is required but I followed a guide from here.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote:
    Yeah, but I could get it to work for Argentina, and see Argentinian peso prices. The issue I was having then was with Revolut.

You will definitely need a different vpn for Turkey. Like above I got Turkey on unlimited vpn without issue. Price was displayed correctly. It stalled with the revolut card that worked perfectly for netflix Mexico. In the end I bought netflix turkey gift cards. Ads less than a euro to a month premium 4k Netflix. I've prepaid for the next six months at around 5 or 6 euro per month for premium.

Once you get the vpn to work you have the option for gift cards if your payment is declined by netflix.

You will definitely need a different vpn for Turkey. Like above I got Turkey on unlimited vpn without issue. Price was displayed correctly. It stalled with the revolut card that worked perfectly for netflix Mexico. In the end I bought netflix turkey gift cards. Ads less than a euro to a month premium 4k Netflix. I've prepaid for the next six months at around 5 or 6 euro per month for premium.

Once you get the vpn to work you have the option for gift cards if your payment is declined by netflix.
    Seems to be pot luck re payment issue.id suggest setup a new account with a free month in Austria and try again next month.

TheDriver wrote:
    Seems to be pot luck re payment issue.id suggest setup a new account with a free month in Austria and try again next month.

I agree. I see dozens of posters payment accepted first time and dozens not accepted. It's like flipping a coin. Very strange from netflixes side

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

TheDriver wrote: »

Don't mind me asking but how do you go about avoiding the Austrian phone number request for the confirmation text?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't mind me asking but how do you go about avoiding the Austrian phone number request for the confirmation text?

I verified a reg Irish number

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Just signed up with a 100tl gift card as it wouldn't accept my Revolut. Wonder will it take payment okay from Revolut when the balance runs out?

Done exactly this at the end of last month so wondering the same. Guess I'll find out in about 3 weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Thank you all for the suggestions and information here.
    Here's what worked for me.
    Once the account expired logged out of everything including TV
    On the laptop opened SurfShark VPN (I have a subscription) then Chrome and checked its showing Turkey
    In Chrome logged in Netflix and as soon as logged it asked if I want to renew my subscription.
    renewal came up in Turkish Lira
    Tried Revolut - nope, "something went wrong"
    Revolut Virtual - "something went wrong"
    Curve - "something went wrong"
    N26 - "something went wrong"
    BOI debit - Yay. renewal worked.
    Afterwards I have changed the prefered card to Revolut so hopefully, it will work with Revolut next month.
    It's such a random dip, everyone seems to have a different experience. What worked for some is no go for others. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thank you all for the suggestions and information here.
    Here's what worked for me.
    Once the account expired logged out of everything including TV
    On the laptop opened SurfShark VPN (I have a subscription) then Chrome and checked its showing Turkey
    In Chrome logged in Netflix and as soon as logged it asked if I want to renew my subscription.
    renewal came up in Turkish Lira
    Tried Revolut - nope, "something went wrong"
    Revolut Virtual - "something went wrong"
    Curve - "something went wrong"
    N26 - "something went wrong"
    BOI debit - Yay. renewal worked.
    Afterwards I have changed the prefered card to Revolut so hopefully, it will work with Revolut next month.
    It's such a random dip, everyone seems to have a different experience. What worked for some is no go for others. ..

I did EXACTLY the same as you same vpn, same browser, same cards, believe it or not, in exactly the order as you, except it wouldn't take BOI debit either.
    Will have another go this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

How do you get a TL gift card on Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How do you get a TL gift card on Revolut?

I posted a link a few pages back after another poster posted their links.

Www.g2a.com is one I believe.

Advertisement