Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

MAJJ wrote: »
    We're you signed out of all login?
    Irish phone number updated?
    Did you use VPN unlimited/Keep solid? Talk of other VPNs being leaky.

Yes all signed out
    Yes number updated but didnt ask me for that on the screen
    Surfshark VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I used PureVPN and got my Turkish prices. Everything was going swimmingly until I got to the payment. I tried about 6 cards from 2 different providers - no luck. Finally, I purchased a 100 TL gift card from G2A and used that. It's working for now. I have Revolut as the backup payment method and hopefully that will work in two months time.

I did the same (up & running by buying a G2A gift card) but couldn't get it to accept Revo as backup payment method - how did you do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

TheDriver wrote: »
    Will it drop when lira strengthens again??

Should..they have not increased prices in Ireland have they ?

EDIT : Irish prices are 17.99 for top plan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Should..they have not increased prices in Ireland have they ?

EDIT : Irish prices are 17.99 for top plan
    Irish increased too. The Turks won't take price increases too kindly. Still dirt cheap compared to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

banchang wrote: »
    I did the same (up & running by buying a G2A gift card) but couldn't get it to accept Revo as backup payment method - how did you do this ?

That’s the issue we are all having at the moment unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Yes all signed out
    Yes number updated but didnt ask me for that on the screen
    Surfshark VPN

I'd try a different VPN. Surfshark didn't work for me, but Windscribe VPN did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

just noticed my visa debit expires next May so be great if you could have a fix sorted by then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Hallelujah,
    In the past, I had followed instructions to the letter, had used Nord, Surfshark, Hola etc all failed. Didn't change any payment details, just tried there now, with the free one from Bargain alerts - seed4me
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058178147

All sorted in seconds £3.68 (€4.23) taken from my Curve card. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭gussieg

boom!
    managed it at last via windscribe on the chrome book. was in argentina .7.99 for 2 screens, moved to turkey, 5.70 for 4.
    phew !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Since moving to Turkey last week, I've noticed that my payment methods now include "Troy", which upon research, turns out to be Turkish Debit/Credit/Prepaid card (much like Laser was to us a few years back).
    Does this mean that in order to change my payment method when my current card expires, I have to either get a Turkish card, or go back to Ireland sub, add new card, or resort to gift cards?

I have been with Netflix since 2013, back when Irish subs were 6.99 (checked my email history, got a shock!), and had zero luck doing that on Irish sub in past year when I wanted to move off PayPal and onto my card in preparation for switching to Turkey. Tried Revolut and 2 different Irish bank visa debit cards while on Irish sub - eventually had to get customer service involved, they sent me a payment capture form, and only that ever worked. Last week was the first time I've ever been able to move off the Irish sub successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hallelujah,
    In the past, I had followed instructions to the letter, had used Nord, Surfshark, Hola etc all failed. Didn't change any payment details, just tried there now, with the free one from Bargain alerts - seed4me
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058178147

All sorted in seconds £3.68 (€4.23) taken from my Curve card. :D

Had you been trying every 24 hours or did you take a long break before trying again?

had you used curve for initial month on irish subscription?

gussieg wrote: »
    boom!
    managed it at last via windscribe on the chrome book. was in argentina .7.99 for 2 screens, moved to turkey, 5.70 for 4.
    phew !

what card did it go through with?

revolut virtual

I gave up trying to get a card onto the acct and just bought a couple of 100 TL gift cards at €13.88 each which still works out at around €7’ish for the month so nearly €11 per month cheaper. Covered till end of Sept and hopefully will have card on acct before then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

So, I went through the steps a few days ago. I used a VPN was able to get the Turkish prices however I was unable to add any card to the account. I tried a few Revolut cards plus some Irish bank cards and no luck.

So I got a Netflix gift card and that worked fine. In the meantime, I've been trying to add a standard payment card for the backup payment method in the hope that when the gift card runs out the Revolut card will kick in. But I'm still getting an error saying there is a problem with the payment method. I've tried to do it with VPN off and VPN on. I've tried PureVPN and Seed4Me.

Am I missing any steps here?

So, I went through the steps a few days ago. I used a VPN was able to get the Turkish prices however I was unable to add any card to the account. I tried a few Revolut cards plus some Irish bank cards and no luck.

So I got a Netflix gift card and that worked fine. In the meantime, I've been trying to add a standard payment card for the backup payment method in the hope that when the gift card runs out the Revolut card will kick in. But I'm still getting an error saying there is a problem with the payment method. I've tried to do it with VPN off and VPN on. I've tried PureVPN and Seed4Me.

Am I missing any steps here?

Nope, it is the exact same issue that a lot of us are having. See my post above, I gave up and bought a couple of TL gift cards and added them to my acct which will take me up to September at current prices.

I gave up trying to get a card onto the acct and just bought a couple of 100 TL gift cards at €13.88 each which still works out at around €7’ish for the month so nearly €11 per month cheaper. Covered till end of Sept and hopefully will have card on acct before then

Which package did you subscribe to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

Added a backup Curve card to my account this morning with no problems, no vpn required.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Looking for a spot in somebody's family plan. happy to pay 12 months upfront via revolut. cheers

skydish79 wrote: »
    Which package did you subscribe to?

The Ultimate one .... 55TL per month

• Advertisement

And 55tl cost me 5.70 euro at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

How does one get around the phone number verification? Can't seem to change from Turkish to Irish prefix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You add your number and confirm it while still on the Irish sub and then on the Turkish one you select not now or skip I think
    You won’t be able to add an Irish mobile to a Turkish account

I seem to be the only person who successfully added an irish phone number to a Turkish sub. Myself and someone else managed to add our phone number to an Austrian sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Apologies if this has been asked already folks but Ive gone back through a lot of pages and havent seen it! My sub finished yesterday. Signed up for Cyberghost VPN and verified my locaiton is Turkey. Prices coming up in Lira. But my revolut wont work. Ive tried the virtual card also. If you wait 24 hours, will Netflix change and allow this payment option to go through? Or am I looking at gift card option now?

I have my revolut on Paypal also. Has anyone tried it via this? Will it pick up paying in Lira? Has for other sterling purchases so I dont see why not? thanks.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Revolut is pot luck but curve with Revolut added works, how were you paying on your Irish sub ? That payment option should work in Turkey
    Turkish Netflix doesn’t take PayPal btw

Post one has all the points needed to help really

I was paying via PayPal which has my Irish debit card on it for years. I’ll try curve out tomorrow. The whole Revolut thing is weird how accepts some and not others!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Received an email this morning saying on May 22nd the price will go up to 54.99 Turkish Lira. That's for the top tier plan. Just over €5.50.

Obviously still way cheaper than the Irish prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Received an email this morning saying on May 22nd the price will go up to 54.99 Turkish Lira. That's for the top tier plan. Just over €5.50.

Obviously still way cheaper than the Irish prices!

Got the same email
    I know it's still daft cheap but it's a big % price increase from the €4.26 I just paid this month

Just signed up for Curve and added my revolut to that. Tried paying with the virtual Curve card but got same error when I used my revolut card directly last night. Curve says I can use the virtual card straight away. Do I need to leave it longer before logging into Netflix and trying again? It hardly should make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Has anyone had any issues with using PayPal as thier payment method for netflix when signing up for Turkish NF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

Turkish Govt revoked PayPals financial license in 2016 so its a non-runner.

Advertisement