Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

TheDriver wrote: »
    Most have this issue.

I assume its been answered here before but I don't suppose you know the solution

Have been paying for months for the Turkish deal, and now its asking me to update my card details. Won't accept my virtual card as a replacement and I've tried using two VPNs.

Can't for the life of me get this working. Have tried using windscribe and hola. Both giving me the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

I've used multiple browsers, error seems to be on https://secured.netflix.com/fp/tags.js net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Have been paying for months for the Turkish deal, and now its asking me to update my card details. Won't accept my virtual card as a replacement and I've tried using two VPNs.

Can't for the life of me get this working. Have tried using windscribe and hola. Both giving me the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use

I've used multiple browsers, error seems to be on https://secured.netflix.com/fp/tags.js net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Netflix don't accept Revolut anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

odddavey wrote: »

Not true, they accept mine and plenty others from this thread too.

Hococop wrote: »
    Have one of my cards as payment but want to change it to revolut, can't seem to change it, anyone have this issue?

Use Curve, Revolut thought my Argentinian Netflix was suspicious. And blocked it. That's the only alternative I found.

• Advertisement

Not true, they accept mine and plenty others from this thread too.
    When I was chatting to a support agent from Argentina in January this what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Can't for the life of me get this working. Have tried using windscribe and hola. Both giving me the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Switch back to Ireland for one month and pay using a new Irish card. Cancel after payment and when it expires re subscribe via Turkish site. Use a card with as long an expiry as possible so you don’t have to do it again anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Turkish Lira has fallen by 15%.

More bang for our collecting buck :D

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56479702

MrStuffins wrote: »

how much is the 4k package now? I'm with Argentina, price is now gone to 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

how much is the 4k package now? I'm with Argentina, price is now gone to 10 euro.

I was charged 4.73eu this month, usually it is 4.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Danmj

Price is increasing to 54.99L shortly, just shy of 6e a month

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

My PTSB card has been blocked for something else - someone spent €300 on Amazon. I was paying via Curve for Netflix through Turkey - I updated Curve with my Revolut card and it went through last night without issue.

Was charged €4.36 today for the Ultra HD package :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

With Lira at a low point. It might be worth while converting a years worth of Lira.
    Revolut will leave it sitting there in the Turkish account section and when Netflix Turkey take your sub, it will come from the Turkish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Use Curve, Revolut thought my Argentinian Netflix was suspicious. And blocked it. That's the only alternative I found.

Problem is I can't seem to remove or change my current card on netflix, not sure how I delete or change it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Signed up just there after waiting for the month to expire.

Followed the instructions in the OP exactly. Used a virtual card with Revolut and Surfshark vpn.

Worked like a dream. Thanks for all the information!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Signed up just there after waiting for the month to expire.

Followed the instructions in the OP exactly. Used a virtual card with Revolut and Surfshark vpn.

Worked like a dream. Thanks for all the information!
    Thank for update, appreciated. i will try this same in a week. Glad to hear it worked for you with Surfshark as I have a subscription to Surfshark .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Meh. The whole lot is a $hit show.

I have it set up from Turkey with EBS debit card, Revolut and Curve will not work for me. I received a new card from EBS today and tried to update payment method through the Ire NF. When it gets to the "Verifying your card..." stage, it just hangs there.
    I tried Firefox and Chrome.

This is all hit and miss $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Gumbo wrote: »
    With Lira at a low point. It might be worth while converting a years worth of Lira.
    Revolut will leave it sitting there in the Turkish account section and when Netflix Turkey take your sub, it will come from the Turkish account.

Buyer beware. Turkish currency depending on their volatile political situation can dip further and very quickly. Literally overnight. Turkish lira is no stranger to hyperinflation and currency devaluation. All I'm saying other side of the coin is that you might end up with a worthless currency if hyperinflation takes off. Current inflation is running at 9.4%, January it was 15%.

Meh. The whole lot is a $hit show.

I have it set up from Turkey with EBS debit card, Revolut and Curve will not work for me. I received a new card from EBS today and tried to update payment method through the Ire NF. When it gets to the "Verifying your card..." stage, it just hangs there.
    I tried Firefox and Chrome.

This is all hit and miss $hit.

What VPN did you try to pay with Revolut on?

A combo of a brand new MasterCard virtual Revolut and Proton VPN worked for me. I would test that if you haven’t already. Proton VPN is only €5 for one month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Buyer beware. Turkish currency depending on their volatile political situation can dip further and very quickly. Literally overnight. Turkish lira is no stranger to hyperinflation and currency devaluation. All I'm saying other side of the coin is that you might end up with a worthless currency if hyperinflation takes off. Current inflation is running at 9.4%, January it was 15%.

Yeah have to agree on that too.
    I’ve been going to Turkey 3 times a year for 15 years (have a small place over there).

I remember when the rate was close to 1:1!

It was more a comment that you could load the card with Lira me forget about it essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Second month taken today €5, first month was €5.11.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

couldnt get through the turkey payment with nordvpn or hola with a revolut virtual kept giving the error, but bought the 100 gift card for 14euro so 2 monthsish full 4k unlimited screens and hopefully after that will bounce into my rev virtual card

edit: thanks to all for the ideas and workarounds its much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

What VPN did you try to pay with Revolut on?

A combo of a brand new MasterCard virtual Revolut and Proton VPN worked for me. I would test that if you haven’t already. Proton VPN is only €5 for one month.
    Hi. I'm already with Turkey NF. I'm just trying to update my payment on NF to my new debit card... And it won't.

Hi. I'm already with Turkey NF. I'm just trying to update my payment on NF to my new debit card... And it won't.

That’s a weird one. I’ve read every post on this thread and never seen this asked or answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

jarvis wrote: »
    That’s a weird one. I’ve read every post on this thread and never seen this asked or answered.
    From Netflix help pages:

We do not currently offer a way for you to manually remove payment methods from your Account page. Please contact customer service for assistance.

Same issue as you. I bought a Turkish 100TL Gift card from G2A and added the code to my account. Only thing which worked for me.

From Netflix help pages:

We do not currently offer a way for you to manually remove payment methods from your Account page. Please contact customer service for assistance.

I’m sorry I was being sarcastic. It’s literally on every single page of this entire thread at least once. It’s the single biggest issue I ever see discussed here. Do some reading and your issue will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I'm on Turkey for a few years now

Last time it wouldn't let me add virtual Revolut so I have been on Revolut via Curve for a while.
    Anyway decided to try and add virtual Revolut again (just to put off the expiry date as much as possible)
    No joy for a few attempts so I went about my business.
    Anyway went back to it while logged into netflix.com on brave browser on the phone (yodata VPN to US) and it added no problem.
    Just to check it wasn't a fluke I've repeated the steps with another card which I won't be using and it added no problem.
    I have no idea why this works but it's worth a shot at least.

The above method worked for me. Was already set up in Turkey with Irish debit card, and was able to change it to a long-dated revolut virtual card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

OK so I tried this last month with the AIB card that was already been used to pay for NF. Despite trying multiple VPN's I had no joy. I know some banks block payments to other countries so I switched to my Revolut card and renewed in Ireland for a month on it.

The subscription expired a couple of days ago so I turned off the location security on Revolut and tried multiple VPN's but still hitting the same error with your payment message. I've checked the VPN addresses and all showing as Turkey. I even paid for Proton as a recent poster got through with it but didn't work for me. Also tried using the Brave browser but same payment error message.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to get around it. Be interested to hear if other people had a similar experience and how they got around it. I know some posters suggested a virtual Revolut card which I could try. Would I have to renew on it in Ireland for a month before I try it in Turkey or can I just try it for Turkey now?

Advertisement