Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

OmegaGene wrote: »
    are you signing up to irish netflix sub first for a month using the new payment info ?
    it is very complicated trying to change payment when moving to turkey via vpn

This is where I’ve gone wrong obviously. Thought you could change the payment type at the point of purchase again as I already have the account for years. Thanks for pointing that out! I’ll try again next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

OmegaGene wrote:
    last time i checked they do not accept paypal

wassie wrote:
    Turkish Govt revoked PayPals financial license in 2016 so its a non-runner.

Ok thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

So, I'd appreciate a little help if ye wouldnt mind.

I followed the OP, my Irish Netflix ended yesterday.
    Today, I used VPN Unlimited to set up Turkey as my location.
    I went onto Netflix (via incognito mode), it's showing the Turkish website of it, I get the 54.99 Lira price.
    It asks me to confirm my payment details. The card details have already gone in from before, just input the 3 digit code from the back of the card,
    No matter what I do, I cannot get it to accept any card or code. I've tried the original card, other cards, checked with the bank in case the foreign transaction is being stopped (it's not, in fact, they don't see any attempt to take the money).

Do I have to wait a certain time before this will work, or is there another free VPN that I should be using?

I had a look through the old posts on this thread, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭gussieg

maybe can you get to that page before using vpn , ie check payment card on irish netflix first .
    and what payment card are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine seems to be going down in price, 5 euro last month, 4.32 this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Lira is plummeting at moment. Good time to buy 12 months sub worth on revolut (Mon to Fri)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

TheDriver wrote: »
    Lira is plummeting at moment. Good time to buy 12 months sub worth on revolut (Mon to Fri)

That’s if you can get your Revolut card on the acct😂, which I can’t

Add Revolut to curve

Except Turk lira isn't on their list of chargeable currencies so they'll do the conversion first.

I didn’t know that, my last payment was €4.34 so much the same rate

Correct me if I'm wrong but they can charge rev in stg, USD etc so if a transaction is in STG, it simply takes it from the revolut stg wallet. But they don't support lira so curve will do the conversion and then charge the rev in euro. No difference to having an AIB card on curve then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

TheDriver wrote: »
    I seem to be the only person who successfully added an irish phone number to a Turkish sub. Myself and someone else managed to add our phone number to an Austrian sub.

I didn't have to change my number when I changed to the Turkish sub, got the email about the price increase too

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    I didn't have to change my number when I changed to the Turkish sub, got the email about the price increase too

I joined Turkey years ago before you had to put a phone number into an account. So I had a Turkish sub with no number. But was able to add my irish number, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

Whats a good VPN to use to set this up - the OP mentions VPN unlimited, but are there others that equally work as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Add Revolut to curve

I've tried this and get the same annoying error... Got a curve card purely for Netflix, linked my Revolut Virtual card (longest expiry date), Netflix isn't having it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

AngelaRI wrote: »
    I've tried this and get the same annoying error... Got a curve card purely for Netflix, linked my Revolut Virtual card (longest expiry date), Netflix isn't having it...

I tried the same. Same result :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Had to change my cc to revolut last month so had to sub properly for the month, I'll try midnight tonight with the vpn, is turkey still the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

are you adding curve to an active irish sub ? that was the key for many people
    changing payment details while in turkey is messy and doesnt work that well

Sadly, I only signed up for Curve after successfully changing to Turkey, as I'd seen a number of folks posting about updating payment via Curve after the fact. Top priority for me was getting off Irish prices.

I was hoping to get Revolut via Curve to take advantage of the current TL rates, but at least my current payment card is good for a while.

Worst case I'll have to go back to Irish sub, get customer services to update to a new card when this expires (even before changing, over the previous year I'd been unable to change away from PayPal to Irish debit card on Irish sub, without CS helping me, same error even then, frustrating)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Got a note there tonight that price is going up to 41 Turkish lira. I’m on the two screens. Works out to be €4 at current exchange rates, but still quite a significant jump!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ando wrote: »
    Got a note there tonight that price is going up to 41 Turkish lira. I’m on the two screens. Works out to be €4 at current exchange rates, but still quite a significant jump!

This was announced months ago.
    All newbies are in the 54.99 TL top plan and existing users will be brought up to it over the coming weeks.

Plans below are going up a similar %.

Tried it there, vpn to turkey, using revolut, all was ok until it came to confirming and get that "there is an issue" I remember people mentioned how they got passed it just don't know how far back it was in the thread

Anyone know a solution?

Edit: I see people mention stuff on the last page but not sure of it worked for them

is revolut on your irish account already before moving to turkey ?

Yeah it was

• Advertisement

you may have one of the newer revolut cards that have been blocked by netflix

Have the card just under 2 years I'd say,

i used curve to avoid the revolut hassle

You know Anyone that got it working with revolut?

some have but it depends on the card

Yeah went back at some people's methods and no luck so far, I'm logged in shows it in TL, if I click into my payment method my cvv is blank, if I try and add it I just get the error, I'll try again tomorrow and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Wait 24 hours and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah went back at some people's methods and no luck so far, I'm logged in shows it in TL, if I click into my payment method my ccv is blank, if I try and add it I just get the error, I'll try again tomorrow and hope for the best

I got exactly the same problem, never got around it either. So, I'd be really interested to see how you get on/how you get around that issue if you can please.

Wait 24 hours and try again.

No luck still, Worth buying a netflix turkey voucher and see if it works that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Edinson Cavani is such an asset. He will be missed next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Hococop wrote: »
    No luck still, Worth buying a netflix turkey voucher and see if it works that way?
    That will work.

That will work.

Would it accept the revolut card after then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Edinson Cavani is such an asset. He will be missed next year though.

Is he going to Turkish netlfix?

Advertisement