Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the bit where they are interviewing Terry Boyle is farcical , someone like that could not be used as a witness to anything in court , might as well use a two year old

Absurd I thought, and that questioning would have been stopped by both his lawyer and the appropriate adult there.

The Ryan incident was beyond preposterous. The OCG succeed in getting someone inside the force and then potentially blow it by drawing attention to their guy by him committing an unnecessary and suspicious act. They could just have gone around to Terry's (unguarded) flat and shot him. Season by season credibility just goes out the window. Still entertaining though.

And could Kelly MacDonald be undercover from another AC team or internal security (MI5)? More to her case than the standard OCG plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭appledrop

sebdavis wrote: »
    Anyone consider PC Pilkington is undercover and turns out to be good? he is trying to find put who is in OCG

How is he good when he murdered 2 police officers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

appledrop wrote: »
    How is he good when he murdered 2 police officers!
    Pentecost wrote: »
    We've seen him murder police officers. I don't think he's undercover.

Yes I'm aware but Im just thinking of what sort of bolt they could throw out. Suddenly he comes out and says he is undercover and has got to the top of OCG.....as soon as I linked him I thought that was the plan, then watching back series 1 with the PC going back to him, then yesterday when they mentioned his history might be overlooked, maybe not overlooked and just ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Lisa McQueen was savage I hope she’s still around

Didn't she get immunity for informing on the OCG at the end of series 5? That's her out of the way then.
    She was excellent alright, and very good in Steve McQueen's Small Axe, the Mangrove episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Here is a somewhat convincing video arguing that Buckles is H. It was made before season 6 and has spoilers for seasons 1 - 5.

His theory will probably be disproved or substantiated next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Talisman wrote: »

My guess is that Ryan is the person that Terry Boyle referred to as the other man.

I think it might be someone else. No idea who though.

Think that if Steve's drug test comes back positive he will use the attic money to try and get Hastings to sweep under the rug.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

I feel like I'm missing something with this whole mystery of H.

Why are they looking for this 4th person involved with the OCG, as if it's the last person they need to find, when we can clearly see that there's loads of cops involved with the OCG. Ryan and Davidson to name but two. If they find and arrest H/the 4th man/woman, what difference will it make? There's obviously more than 1 more bent copper out there.

Everything is hinged on H, but I just don't see the significance of it from a storyline perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

Craig Parkinson (Dot Cottan) has a podcast on BBC sounds devoted to LOD. This week's is particularly good as it has Sanjeev Bhaskar as a guest and they have an hilarious take on some things you might have missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Started season one again today. I’m just not getting the links in every episode every wk, only from reading here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lisa McQueen was savage I hope she’s still around

I'm fairly certain the chart shown in the first episode that Chloe asks Steve about showed Lisa McQueen as being in witness protection
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the bit where they are interviewing Terry Boyle is farcical , someone like that could not be used as a witness to anything in court , might as well use a two year old

While I get that evidence given by a person with diminished mental capacity may not be treated as concrete they still had to interview him to see what he knew and were it might lead them in the case

• Advertisement

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Steve down the years

doo9jtzr50r61.jpg

I love him!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God Ryan is featured so much in season 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Talisman

Hollyworth wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something with this whole mystery of H.

Why are they looking for this 4th person involved with the OCG, as if it's the last person they need to find, when we can clearly see that there's loads of cops involved with the OCG. Ryan and Davidson to name but two. If they find and arrest H/the 4th man/woman, what difference will it make? There's obviously more than 1 more bent copper out there.

Everything is hinged on H, but I just don't see the significance of it from a storyline perspective.
    H is supposedly the head of the OCG operation within the police force. The foot soldiers don't know who it is, all communication is via anonymous chat sessions on encrypted devices and the burner phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Look at the hate towards Ryan on the second page of this thread nearly nine years ago: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056683356&page=2

:D

H is supposedly the head of the OCG operation within the police force. The foot soldiers don't know who it is, all communication is via anonymous chat sessions on encrypted devices and the burner phones.

Is this confirmed? I thought that this was the premise AC12 were working with based on Dot blinking for H. But Steve later realised that Dot was saying there were 4 dots, which is H in morse code.
    So, why then is this last remaining "h" the all powerful leader? Dot wasn't in charge and he was one of the Hs. Same with Gill. Why would Dot lump in the leader of the OC with three other lowly bent coppers? Surely he would have said 3 dots? And besides, there's obviously way more than 4 corrupt high ranking police officers. So why did Dot say there was only 4?

I just feel like this H thing started off as the person who would be behind it all but in an attempt to stretch out the series, they've added more corrupt cops to pad things out until they reveal who H is.

I guess my point is, the dramatic weight behind there being a H is undermined by a character like Davidson, who is a high ranking cop we know is bent. So why isn't she H? What's the difference? H is just another bent cop. Same as all the others. It just seems the mystery surrounding H is done for our benefit, the audience. Why would the characters in the show think of H as one person when they have encountered so many bent cops since the idea of a H came to light?

I'm fairly certain the chart shown in the first episode that Chloe asks Steve about showed Lisa McQueen as being in witness protection
    Yes. Lisa McQueen and Gill Bigaloe were both tagged as "Witness Protection".

549336.jpg

What was more interesting is the fact that Jimmy Lakewell and Lee Banks weren't on the board. Both were convicted for their involvement and there is no indication on the board but the convicted police officers are on the lower part of the board.

This struck me because the voice on the recording that Steve was listening to moments beforehand sounded like Lakewell.

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Is this confirmed? I thought that this was the premise AC12 were working with based on Dot blinking for H. But Steve later realised that Dot was saying there were 4 dots, which is H in morse code.
    So, why then is this last remaining "h" the all powerful leader? Dot wasn't in charge and he was one of the Hs. Same with Gill. Why would Dot lump in the leader of the OC with three other lowly bent coppers? Surely he would have said 3 dots? And besides, there's obviously way more than 4 corrupt high ranking police officers. So why did Dot say there was only 4?

I just feel like this H thing started off as the person who would be behind it all but in an attempt to stretch out the series, they've added more corrupt cops to pad things out until they reveal who H is.

I guess my point is, the dramatic weight behind there being a H is undermined by a character like Davidson, who is a high ranking cop we know is bent. So why isn't she H? What's the difference? H is just another bent cop. Same as all the others. It just seems the mystery surrounding H is done for our benefit, the audience. Why would the characters in the show think of H as one person when they have encountered so many bent cops since the idea of a H came to light?
    Don't look too deeply or the whole thing will unravel and you might begin to wonder why you wasted your time watching the show. :D

Corbett infiltrated the OCG and planned the raid on the depot in series 5 to lure out 'H'. They didn't show, instead Lester Hargreaves was blackmailed into making an appearance.

'H'/The fourth man is a working theory of Ted Hastings and by extension AC-12. Corbett obviously bought into it but suspected Hastings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I looked on IMDB to see who is in season 6 and who isn't. More so to see if anyone else from previous seasons will be reappearing. Probably searching for spoilers if I'm honest. But I'm still none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Speculation last night on the LOD Reddit that this is the last season?

But I thought the BBC signed Jed up for a couple of seasons?

[PHP][/PHP]
    Speculation last night on the LOD Reddit that this is the last season?

But I thought the BBC signed Jed up for a couple of seasons?
    There is one more season after this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

There is one more season after this.

Have you a link to the BBC or Jed saying this?

Don't look too deeply or the whole thing will unravel and you might begin to wonder why you wasted your time watching the show. :D

Corbett infiltrated the OCG and planned the raid on the depot in series 5 to lure out 'H'. They didn't show, instead Lester Hargreaves was blackmailed into making an appearance.

'H'/The fourth man is a working theory of Ted Hastings and by extension AC-12. Corbett obviously bought into it but suspected Hastings.

I guess what I'm saying is, why is the final H on par with Dot, Hilton and Gill on the notice board??
    Shouldn't this H person now be on top of Ted's pyramid of crime? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭basillarkin

this is the last season, surely they cant draw it out much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭trashcan

Celchick wrote: »
    Look at the hate towards Ryan on the second page of this thread nearly nine years ago: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056683356&page=2

Entirely justified. :cool:

I think Mercurio and BBC have been dancing around the issue of confirming a new series. I'm hoping that this is the last season and they want it to come as a shock when it ends.

But more realistically, I don't think they want to announce a new series until this one has finished because they know if they announce another series now, a large portion of viewers would say "what? Another series? How can you continue this story?" and simply stop watching this series.

BBC/Mercurio know they have a cash cow. They will milk it dry it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He paved the way for GOT's Olly and other little shi*s in TV

Have you a link to the BBC or Jed saying this?
    BBC only officialy renew the show after a series is finished airing. There was an interview with Jed Mercurio last year where he said that there were two more series planned. I can't find a link to the interview but this article makes reference to it.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1299986/Line-of-Duty-season-7-release-date-will-there-be-another-series-Line-of-Duty-cancelled-BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ya'd miss his girlfriend Sam from early seasons

Good looking woman

330px-Aiysha_Hart.jpg
    Was she not in this season....all be it briefly?
    They went for coffee and she emailed about him possibly moving outside ac12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

gmisk wrote: »
    Was she not in this season....all be it briefly?
    They went for coffee and she emailed about him possibly moving outside ac12?
    That's another woman, called Nicola. He wants to transfer to her department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's another woman, called Nicola. He wants to transfer to her department.
    Ah she is another ex of Steves? Thanks.
    Your spot on, I need to pay better attention not rewatched any of the old eps
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2925304/?ref_=m_ttfcd_cl16

Advertisement