Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did i hear Buckles right at the end? "Total bastard Bollox"? What a line!

I think he’s great, I’m hoping he’s not corrupt but an easy scapegoat just by being a dope :)

OCG using Encrochat.

Will they crack it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Good episode. Some thoughts:

1) They showed the picture of Jo's mother again in the background and the camera purposely had it in shot. I think it's because of her Mam she's being blackmailed

People on Reddit are speculating Jo's Mam is somehow linked to Ted and that Ted is Jo's Da :pac:

That's too mental, even for this show

2) That nod between Kate and Ted at the end. They are 100% in cahoots on this

3) Jo on the laptop in the final scene. Hopefully talking to Lisa McQueen at the other end. I thought that character was strong last year and her breaking down after she organized Corbett's murder was very intriguing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Lisha wrote: »
    Tonight’s episode was excellent

finding it to only an ok series so far and im a big fan of the show

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Good episode. Some thoughts:

1) They showed the picture of Jo's mother again in the background and the camera purposely had it in shot. I think it's because of her Mam she's being blackmailed

People on Reddit are speculating Jo's Mam is somehow linked to Ted and that Ted is Jo's Da :pac:

That's too mental, even for this show

2) That nod between Kate and Ted at the end. They are 100% in cahoots on this

3) Jo on the laptop in the final scene. Hopefully talking to Lisa McQueen at the other end. I thought that character was strong last year and her breaking down after she organized Corbett's murder was very intriguing

Lisa McQueen was savage I hope she’s still around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I think he’s great, I’m hoping he’s not corrupt but an easy scapegoat just by being a dope :)

hes too dumb to be trusted by criminals

Lisa McQueen was savage I hope she’s still around

They are 100% not finished with that character

She was in the BBC's official "recap of all seasons" video and the narrator emphasized that she was upset after ordering Ryan to kill Corbett

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    finding it to only an ok series so far and im a big fan of the show

I'd have to agree. I was just thinking there tonight episode 3 and it's all a bit meeh.

I thought last weeks episode was brilliant but tonight just didn't grasp me or something.

I suppose it was always going to be hard to follow last season which I thought was absolutely outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

So I guess this rules Buckles out as being the guy?

I didn't think it was him but then after last week's episode, I was thinking could it be something of a similar vein to Kevin Spacey's character in The Usual Suspects and he's just playing the dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How did Kate explain her presence at the reservoir? Surely Ryan knows she's on to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How did Kate explain her presence at the reservoir? Surely Ryan knows she's on to him?

She said she was just passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A few thoughts:

- I don't think they'd bring back Owen Teale just for a few seconds of archive news footage. I think we'll be seeing him again. Maybe even a candidate for H?

- I think this will be the season where we finally found out who H is. This season just has that momentum about it, especially with Jo chatting online to someone.

- I don't think Steve will be in a good place by the time the season ends. At best he might be fired, at worst he might be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Season progressing nicely, each episode better than the last. Our heroes all in precarious situations:

Ted under pressure from DCC. Still with questions around his involvement with Mrs Corbett

Steve likely to fail a drug test. Ted might want to protect him normally, but if he finds out he is snooping into Corbetts finances...could be curtains for Steve. I think Chloe is snooping on Steve for the gaffer

Kate knows too much and the OCG now know she knows too much

Can’t wait for next Sunday

A few thoughts:

- I don't think they'd bring back Owen Teale just for a few seconds of archive news footage. I think we'll be seeing him again. Maybe even a candidate for H?

Owen Teale/Osbourne is the Line Of Duty subReddit's odds on fav to be Main H/the fourth H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She said she was just passing.

As you do, just passing down an isolated road where absolutely no one else happened to be just passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Note the signpost for Dublin about 12 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

appledrop wrote: »
    I thought last weeks episode was brilliant but tonight just didn't grasp me or something.
    Thought the opposite.. last episode was all a bit middle of the road but this week much better!

Scene with Ryan in the water was mighty tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I hope that keep references to people in previous series to a minimum.

I only watched 1 or 2 other series and I cannot remember anything at all about them. I suspect that that applies to many other viewers as well as me.

A physical showdown between Ryan and Steve or Ryan and Kate is coming in the finale surely?

One of the three of them to be killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Basq wrote: »
    Thought the opposite.. last episode was all a bit middle of the road but this week much better!

Scene with Ryan in the water was mighty tense!

I agree that part was something else, but kinda felt it went downhill after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I only watched 1 or 2 other series and I cannot remember anything at all about them. I suspect that that applies to many other viewers as well as me.

As soon as we saw/heard the prison officer I knew Farida was in trouble. Only clicked because I rewatched S2 recently, but nice to reward the long term viewer, without losing the more casual viewer.

Holy feck at this good analysis on Reddit that goes all the way back to Season 1 with Osbourne

I'm starting to think that the 4th man may be Philip Osborne, Steve's Chief Inspector in episode 1 where they shoot that guy by "accident".

At the time Hilton was Chief Superintendent and he was obviously involved with the OCG and seemed close to CI Osborne.

The Chief Constable in Seasons 1 to 5 is basically never mentioned. The only role you see as the big "boss" is CSI Hilton.

Later though both Hilton and Dryden both become that number 2 rank of Deputy/Assistant Chief Constable. Hilton was bent, Dryden was being blackmailed deliberately by the OCG.

All of it suggests that the OCG has, for years, been trying to get someone into the top roles of the police.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Philip Osborne is now Chief Constable and that they've shown new (TV wise, not chronologically setting wise) footage of the actor playing him answering questions about the murder Steve refused to help cover up.

I reckon the person killed in that raid was done so deliberately and Steve was an unwitting pawn in the hands of the OCG. The number was upside down, likely done deliberately by the OCG so the wrong room was raided. It was Osborne who gave the order to use lethal force (Season 1)

Using armed police officers to shoot people who the OCG want dead is a common tactic. The officer who breaks Dot out of AC-12? Armed police officer. What was stolen from the Police by the OCG? Guns that were likely taken by the armed officers in arrests. It is the armed police unit that messes with the paperwork to implicate Steve when Dot points out he's been carrying a gun around.

It wasn't Philip Osborne running SFC, but Counter-Terrorism worked very closely with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

You have a great excuse then to watch series one through five... before next Sunday :D

We've had 2 of the main 3 characters interviewed by AC 12; Steve and then Ted

I think Kate is next for this

Davidson will try and frame her for being at the scene of the drowning

More from the Reddit thread
    What's Ted up to though? Calling Buckells... as a courtesy, department lead to department lead, especially if there is honour among masonic lodges. I don't believe that means Ted is dodge, just that he's old school enough to think professional courtesy matters.

Didn't Jo bring up Buckells' masonic connections too?

So who's that so far in the Freemasons? I remember:
    • Ted
    • The very dodgy Patrick Fairbank
    • And now Buckells

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not since all the way back to Lost has analyzing a show after it's aired been this enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Fitz* wrote: »

She'll be safe enough, unless he's a method actor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Oh yeah Hastings gave Corbett's wife the proceeds of that dodgy property deal he entered into.

• Advertisement

If you've not watched them all go back and watch them.

This is clearly a story across multiple series. In this season they reference stuff in series 1,2 and 5, already.

Go back and watch it all.

Advertisement