Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Parachutes wrote: »
    Why so sure??

Biggest likelihood some Islamic fundamentalist lunatic.

Why? Why would the "Biggest likelihood" be that the person is Islamic/Muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Parachutes wrote: »
    Why so sure??

Biggest likelihood some Islamic fundamentalist lunatic.

Did you read what you quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Saw they attacked with a knife, so all we can say about them is they were very optimistic about their chances and given that they hit people with their car, it wasn't a simple "suicide by cop".

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Detritus70

salmocab wrote: »
    Did you read what you quoted?

There is a certain cohort of people who scour the net for comment sections about any kind of violent attack purely to write "it was them evil Muslims wot done this" and I think one of them strayed into this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What eijit brings a knife to a complex like Capitol Hill post January 6th and things it’ll be a successful strategy ?

It seems Matt gaetz is about as popular as a root canal with his GOP colleagues. The two that have publicity backed him are majorie Taylor greene and Jim Jordan which is a glowing endorsement. It also seems according to reports that gaetz and his friend in Florida used Apple Pay to pay the women at the centre of this case so there’s a paper trail and another allegation of drug use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump calls for MLB boycott, warns ‘woke’ corporations after All-Star Game pullout
    Trump has never shied from taking on the major sports leagues, despite their legions of fans

Cancel culture again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump calls for MLB boycott, warns ‘woke’ corporations after All-Star Game pullout
    Trump has never shied from taking on the major sports leagues, despite their legions of fans

Cancel culture again.

So trump wants to cancel one thing because others want to cancel something else?

He doesn't take on the sports leagues, he attacks the players within them for standing up for what they believe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cancel culture again.

All the right wing channels have an eye twitch over (predominantly) black sports stars showing some moral backbone; but I wonder if Trump's particular obsession is down to the fact he's still bitter over his abject failure to start a rival football league in (what I want to say) the 70s. He seems to be a type to carry a grudge, while has never failed to launch an attack on sports corporations

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So trump wants to cancel one thing because others want to cancel something else?

He doesn't take on the sports leagues, he attacks the players within them for standing up for what they believe.

The party against cancel culture always wants to cancel things.
    They don’t seem to like free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭kksaints

pixelburp wrote: »
    All the right wing channels have an eye twitch over (predominantly) black sports stars showing some moral backbone; but I wonder if Trump's particular obsession is down to the fact he's still bitter over his abject failure to start a rival football league in (what I want to say) the 70s. He seems to be a type to carry a grudge, while has never failed to launch an attack on sports corporations

MLB is baseball not American Football. He's attacked the NFL on a few occasions anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kksaints wrote: »
    MLB is baseball not American Football. He's attacked the NFL on a few occasions anyway.

I'm aware it is. My post doesn't try to say otherwise, only the possible coincidence of Trump having a history of failure in sporting corporations, while the major 3 US sports could be considered one functional lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

MAGA/Muslim/Anti-Vaccine/Anti-Covid/Drunk Driver/Heart Attack/Trump trying to regain power

Too early to say.

It appears that it was None of the Above

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The party against cancel culture always wants to cancel things.
    They don’t seem to like free speech.

For the gazillionith time on here.

The GOP motto:
    'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

Trump expands boycott calls to JP Morgan, ViacomCBS, Cisco, UPS and Merck over their stance against Georgia's new election laws as he warns the 'radical left' will destroy US

From the party against cancel culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump expands boycott calls to JP Morgan, ViacomCBS, Cisco, UPS and Merck over their stance against Georgia's new election laws as he warns the 'radical left' will destroy US

From the party against cancel culture.

JP Morgan = Radical Left

I'm definitely after waking up in a parallel universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Like many other things that have happened in American politics over the past few years, I’m sickened, but not surprised, by the extent to which Republicans are perpetuating the lie that the election was stolen and using this lie as an excuse to disenfranchise minorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭amandstu

abff wrote: »
    Like many other things that have happened in American politics over the past few years, I’m sickened, but not surprised, by the extent to which Republicans are perpetuating the lie that the election was stolen and using this lie as an excuse to disenfranchise minorities.

They say to be kind to those you meet on the way up.....

Apparently people who were silly enough to donate to trump were finding out it wasn't a one time donation after they thought that they were the victims of fraud, and looks like they may have to get refunds

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/04/03/trump-campaign-reportedly-forced-to-refund-more-than-122-million-to-donors/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Apparently people who were silly enough to donate to trumps are finding out it wasn't a one time donation, and looks like they may have to get refunds

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/04/03/trump-campaign-reportedly-forced-to-refund-more-than-122-million-to-donors/

amazon prime, nord vpn, netflix all got me on the same thing.

good ole caveat emptor

good ole caveat emptor

No they didn't. Did you really think Netflix was a one-off?

But you are right in one thing, Trump cashes in on the gullible and easily conned.

That you see nothing wrong with that tells us a lot about you.

• Advertisement

good ole caveat emptor

Really where did you sign up to do what you believed was a one off donation to their company rather than purchasing a service?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Really where did you sign up to do what you believed was a one off donation to their company rather than purchasing a service?

in the case of the 3 mentioned. signed up to what 1 thought was a free month without any expectation of a recurring charge thereafter.

more fool me for not reading the T and C's.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    No they didn't. Did you really think Netflix was a one-off?

But you are right in one thing, Trump cashes in on the gullible and easily conned.

That you see nothing wrong with that tells us a lot about you.

never mind us, what does it tell you about me?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That you will take a position which looks favourably on Trump irrespective of the facts of the situation.

You said it yourself, you didn't bother to read the T&Cs but were conned by the free trial which you never bothered to cancel.

Gullible, lazy and make decisions without reading the actual information. But the marketing sounded good so you went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

good ole caveat emptor

You got caught with the same thing 3 times? Presumably you also had to input your credit card details each time for a free trial and on the third time you still didn’t see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

good ole caveat emptor

Those South Asian 'Eircom/Microsoft/Visa' people must love you

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

good ole caveat emptor

Did you make a donation to those companies or were you paying them for a service? Caveat emptor/buyer beware ...what was Trump selling when he stole money from the gullible?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sanctioned-italian-restaurant-venezuela-b1826606.html

"Former president Donald Trump accidentally sanctioned an Italian restaurant on a blacklist meant for a network of Venezuelan oil firms, reports have said."

I wonder if it was actually an accident or because they refused to serve him a well done steak with ketchup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

in the case of the 3 mentioned. signed up to what 1 thought was a free month without any expectation of a recurring charge thereafter.

more fool me for not reading the T and C's.

Don't know about Nord or Netflix but if you cancel Amazon Prime just after you accept the month you still get the month but the plan doesn't renew at the end and charge you. The same thing works for free audiobooks on audible.
    /OT

As for the Trump thing, he's always pushed himself as a high roller who will screw anyone out of money because that's the game. He openly boasts about it. Anyone surprised by fraud from the man is making an effort not to ignore it.

Advertisement