Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Nody wrote: »
    He'll fit right in, after all you do normally pay for a 17 year old "girl friend" to come with you after all when you're 30+, perfectly normal behavior.

To quote president Trump “totally normal”

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I always knew Gaetz was as dirty as a street dog. He is finished as a politician. Fox News awaits.

Linked with Newsmax yesterday. Probably in an effort to deflect from the breaking news.

As an aside, his interview with Tucker Carlson last night was batsh*t levels of crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

"In 2017, less than a year into Gaetz's first term on Capitol Hill, Congress voted on a proposal to increase law-enforcement funding to combat child sex trafficking. Out of 535 members of Congress, across the House and Senate, literally only one lawmaker -- Florida's Matt Gaetz -- voted against the bill."
    https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2017695

From
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-scandal-surrounding-gop-s-matt-gaetz-so-very-odd-n1262592?cid=sm_fb_maddow

^^^
    'But Biden kissed his granddaughters hair'

Republican communications strategy 101: 'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

duploelabs wrote: »
    "In 2017, less than a year into Gaetz's first term on Capitol Hill, Congress voted on a proposal to increase law-enforcement funding to combat child sex trafficking. Out of 535 members of Congress, across the House and Senate, literally only one lawmaker -- Florida's Matt Gaetz -- voted against the bill."

From
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-scandal-surrounding-gop-s-matt-gaetz-so-very-odd-n1262592?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Wow, that's......WOW!

And where are all of the Republican supporters gone? Sudden silence from a certain cohort, they will disappear for a week until this all "blows over" I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

duploelabs wrote: »

From

I just love the opening line from this article on why Gaetz voted against the legislation:

Rep. Matt Gaetz took to Facebook Live on Thursday, Dec 28, 2017, from his parents' living room in Walton County to defend his lone no vote on an anti-human trafficking bill that passed both houses of Congress on Dec. 19.

Linked with Newsmax yesterday. Probably in an effort to deflect from the breaking news.

As an aside, his interview with Tucker Carlson last night was batsh*t levels of crazy.

Didn't watch it (don't watch any us news channels) but have seen comments that Carlson pretty much denied having dinner with him and said on air that it was the weirdest interview he's ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,873 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tucker was ****ting himself when Gaetz suggested Tucker had dinner with the woman who could be at the center of the investigation

When Tucker says it's one of the weirdest interviews he's had, then you know your ****ed

Would make me a happy man to see Gaetz getting what he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Didn't watch it (don't watch any us news channels) but have seen comments that Carlson pretty much denied having dinner with him and said on air that it was the weirdest interview he's ever done.

There was also the moment when Matt Gaetz said he wasn’t the only one on screen who’s been accused of misconduct. It’s nuts.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was also the moment when Matt Gaetz said he wasn’t the only one on screen who’s been accused of misconduct. It’s nuts.

Sounds like he was his usual self then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So Bill Barr had been avoiding Gaetz for six months so as not to be in the same room as him or photographed together, mmm... he must know Gaetz is cooked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So Bill Barr had been avoiding Gaetz for six months so as not to be in the same room as him or photographed together, mmm... he must know Gaetz is cooked.
    The investigation was started a month before Trump left the WH; i.e. under Barr's supervision at the state department. It was simply not made public until later and from what I've read Gaetz is generally seen as a showman rather than a politician and got very limited "real" Republican support. The leadership are happy to have him kicked out because of this rather than have to do it themselves basically.

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1377751070420656129?s=21

And the Matt Gaetz stupidity tour continues. Hollywood couldn't write this kind of stuff. Between him and his friend in Florida who’s in serious trouble and through the investigation of him they started investigating Congressman Gaetz, the stupidity meter is going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

How many of people fellow-minded to Matt Gaetz's reported lifestyle came to positions of power in congress after Trump took up elected office in the White House is probably something Trump's allies in the media would prefer not discussed, mindful of Trumps reported quotes on how to handle women. Gaetz was not elected to congress until 2017. It remains to be seen/found if Gaetz used/linked himself to Trump to get elected to congress, and then further used the link to get further into the inner corridors of power of congress [including the judicial committee] and singularly voted against the sex-trafficking bill which was going through congress.

I can well understand certain media people doing a runner from conversing with Gaetz on air, or trying to dis-link themselves from his live on-air quotes, given that a DOJ [while it was under the stewardship of Barr] investigation into Gaetz in relation to under-age sex and related matters were known to the media. Who in their right-mind within Trump/GOP circles [past or present] would want to be seen as being friendly with a person of interest to a DOJ investigation facilitated by DOJ secretary Barr?

Re the Gaetz photo-images display allegations, most people share photo-images via Iphones etc, not on paper, now and sometimes share them electronically. It wouldn't surprise me if images not shown purely on the floor were out and about, given the sharing ways and means used by people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Pizza Gaetz is real.

There does seem to have been some plot to extort him - sex with a minor seems to be a separate issue? Bit of a mess he's in

https://www.thedailybeast.com/docs-outline-alleged-scheme-to-extort-rep-matt-gaetz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pizza Gaetz is real.

There does seem to have been some plot to extort him - sex with a minor seems to be a separate issue? Bit of a mess he's in

https://www.thedailybeast.com/docs-outline-alleged-scheme-to-extort-rep-matt-gaetz

He always came across as repugnant and creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

He always came across as repugnant and creepy.

Just waiting for Trump to say "I don't know him, but he seems like a good guy, but I never met him before" :)

It's interesting, Gaetz was the only lawmaker to vote no on a 2017 child trafficking bill, also arrested and convicted for drink driving in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It’s Anthony Wiener all over again!

The communication director for Rep. Matt Gaetz has resigned according to NBC news. Not a shock because after that communication word salad on Fox News I’d be shocked if the communication director wasn’t pissed out of his skull since then trying to work out what to do. An interesting Point that I hadn’t picked up watching the clips before is that gaetz mentions “pay for play” which is a whole other kettle of fish that he may have inadvertently revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

shots fired in capitol hill

• Advertisement

looks like two numpties tried to crash into front gates, two cops injured, lads taken into custody

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    looks like two numpties tried to crash into front gates, two cops injured, lads taken into custody

MAGA supporters perhaps ?

oh id say so, looks like it may have been only one, but info is sketchy, country is in some mess after the other fella, not a bother to him, off golfing

MAGA/Muslim/Anti-Vaccine/Anti-Covid/Drunk Driver/Heart Attack/Trump trying to regain power

Too early to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

MAGA/Muslim/Anti-Vaccine/Anti-Covid/Drunk Driver/Heart Attack/Trump trying to regain power

Too early to say.

Or Nestor.

The person in the car has died according to NBC news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The person in the car has died according to NBC news.

And a cop too now

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Too early to say.

Why so sure??

Biggest likelihood some Islamic fundamentalist lunatic.

Parachutes wrote: »
    Why so sure??

Have you been in a coma for the last 6 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Parachutes wrote: »
    Why so sure??

Think you need to read his reply again

Advertisement