Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

joejoe333 wrote: »
    Poncke wrote: »
    "TAB is your friend if you are on a computer with a real keyboard."

I still need to click TAB, and why should I come up with workarounds for a billion dollar bank who cannot code a few simple steps on a website
    Your just making it sound worse than it really is, 

The Bank had to remove the old site because of EU laws switching and the end of March is the deadline 
    I know why they changed the website and had to introduce 2FA but that doesn't mean their new website can't be better. And what I pointed out has nothing to do with EU laws, it's down to making the website user friendly. |Something that should be high on the agenda as the EU laws make online banking less user friendly, so to counter that you make damn sure your website is as optimised it can be, and it clearly is not. 

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Thanks for coming back re the above. Do you know is there a minimum or maximum time with regard to activating the PSK once it has been dispatched to the address the bank has on file? My concern is that in January, I had a registered letter posted from Ireland to an address in Germany and it took over four weeks to arrive due to the Covid 19 mail disruptions. Does anybody know when the original log in site will cease to operate? Is it possible to post this date on this site? Trying to make phone calls and still not getting a answer other than "the coming weeks" is costly and annoying.   
    Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're just checking the timeframe for activating this PSK. We'll be back to you with an update as soon as possible.

The original 365 site will cease from the 31st of March. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
                            That certainly helps!  The time frame will really help in making a decision whether to have it posted to the address in Ireland and then have it forwarded in registered mail or change the address on the web site then hope it might arrive in unsecured international mail. 
    Hello again Richard,
                                  Still waiting for the information on the timeframe for initialising the device. Due to the Covid Pandemic I am stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, I would really appreciate a timely answer to enable me to consider the options as detailed in the previous posts.

Thanks Morg   
    Hi There Morg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We replied to an original post on this apologies if this has been missed. We recommend that you activate your Physical Security key(PSK) as soon as possible after you receive it. This will ensure that you can continue to access online banking and make your account more secure. There is no defined period that you have to activate the PSK, however our legacy systems will be replaced in March and the PSK must be activated to access 365 online after that time.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks Jen, 
                       I will go down the route of having it sent to my Irish address and then it will be forwarded to me by insured post. I'll update on here how I get on.

For now Ciao, 

Morg
    Please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. Thanks Jen
    Hello All,
                  An update of how I got on.

15th Ordered the PSK by phone to my address on BOI file. 
    16th PSK arrived in normal post.
    18th PSK forwarded to me by registered mail to an address in Germany.
    31st PSK arrived. Set it up as described in the accompanying leaflets. All worked perfect. Logged on to BOI. no problems.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Any chance would you know how I can get vaccinated over here, then I can come home!!!! 

Stay safe,

For now Cioa,

Morg  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hello All,
                  An update of how I got on.

15th Ordered the PSK by phone to my address on BOI file. 
    16th PSK arrived in normal post.
    18th PSK forwarded to me by registered mail to an address in Germany.
    31st PSK arrived. Set it up as described in the accompanying leaflets. All worked perfect. Logged on to BOI. no problems.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Any chance would you know how I can get vaccinated over here, then I can come home!!!! 

Stay safe,

For now Cioa,

Morg  
    Hi Morg,

Thanks for sharing your update and delighted to hear this all worked out as it should. 

Hoping you get your vaccine soon :) 

Take care,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭The Ging and I

I am trying to pay off my credit card and Im faced with this nonsense. 
    I cannot register a device, theres nothing that you can click on that opens.
    Apart from that BOI all ready have my phone details as I get texts already.
    So Im going to get charged interest because I can't access my accounts. 
    Brutal service !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Brutal service !
    What version of the Android OS do you have? If you don't have Ver 6 or above you can't download the new app because is won't work.

Phone them and get a PSK.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Brutal service !
    What version of the Android OS do you have? If you don't have Ver 6 or above you can't download the new app because is won't work.

Phone them and get a PSK.
    Thanks for suggestion but what's a PSK ?
    I think my iPhone 1s 6 or 6.1. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Hi Fionn,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. We're sorry to hear you have not heard back about your PSK order. Can we ask was this requested when logging in, or by using the service desk > "Ask a Question" option?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hiya,
    I used the 'Ask a Question' on the old site before it went offline, I tried to log in to the new site but got as far as ring 0818 200 362 but unfortunately I didn't get to talk to anyone.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So I've lost access to my online banking now I see. I knew I should have f*cking changed banks when they brought in charges. 

edit: can still log into my old permanent tsb account though, they do this magic thing of sending this security code via SMS rather than trying to force people to use a poorly designed app (new one locked me out twice gave up on it about a week after it was launched, never had a problem with the old app)

Read here a few months ago that they'd send out a PSK device by default to people who weren't using the app now it seems that it is just to people who have never used the app, even if you haven't used it in months or years but have continued to use online banking.

This is an absolute pain in the hole. Nothing new from BoI. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Poncke wrote: »
    Login steps old vs. new website

Old website:
    1.    Type User ID
    2.    Type mobile/birthday
    3.    Click continue
    4.    Type PIN
    5.    Click continue

New website:
    1.    Click field
    2.    Type User ID
    3.    Click field
    4.    Type mobile/birthday
    5.    Click continue
    6.    Click field
    7.    Type PIN
    8.    Click continue
    9.    Choose 2nd device
    10.  Click continue
    11.  Unlock 2nd device
    12.  Wait for app
    13.  Swipe app

Terrible, you can at least remove 4 steps from those 13 if there were some smart thinking at BOI. You can remove step 1, 3 and 6 by pre-placing the cursor. And you can remove step 9 by adding an the option to save the preferred choice for the 2nd device. 
    Have finally been forced onto the new website.

As others have advised, it's absolute garbage.
    • LESS functionality than the previous version
    • MORE effort to navigate around (nothing fits on the screen and there are more clicks to get to where you need to go)
    • LESS secure to get into (same 3 digits of the 6 digit pin were requested 5 times in a row by the website and the app)
    • App notifications not working (Amazing 21st century coding Hint: if floating notifications are now required for 2FA to work, then the app should REQUIRE THEM.)
    • SLOWER by an insane degree. Massive pauses between pages. Massive delay to load. Massive delay to log in. Extra-massive delays to open, login to, or operate the App (even when on the same Wifi network as the computer).
    • MISLEADING user guidance - authentication page suggests "Didn't get a notification? Open the Bank of Ireland App on your security device, tap 'Added online security' then swipe to approve the notification." - an option that never shows up anywhere in the app. Tapping "More ... Security" leads you to a copy of the security page on the 365 website. Joke.
    [*]

There is one positive: the disgusting new colour scheme from the branches hasn't made its way in there .... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Tow

'Added online security' is a real bodge, even in its name.  It is as if they did not want customers to know it a button to 'Manually poll for Notifications'.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Tow wrote: »
    'Added online security' is a real bodge, even in its name.  It is as if they did not want customers to know it a button to 'Manually poll for Notifications'.
    I cannot find a BOI app in the App Store, do I have to get it elsewhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Brutal service !
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. Can we ask you to ensure your phone is using the most up to date operating system when trying to register your device? 

Thanks,
    Richard

Fionn wrote: »
    Hi Fionn,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. We're sorry to hear you have not heard back about your PSK order. Can we ask was this requested when logging in, or by using the service desk > "Ask a Question" option?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hiya,
    I used the 'Ask a Question' on the old site before it went offline, I tried to log in to the new site but got as far as ring 0818 200 362 but unfortunately I didn't get to talk to anyone.

Thanks.
    We're sorry to hear this Fionn, this PSK should take 5-7 working days to arrive with you. If you have still not received this device after this timeframe, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the number above. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
    Richard

So I've lost access to my online banking now I see. I knew I should have f*cking changed banks when they brought in charges. 

edit: can still log into my old permanent tsb account though, they do this magic thing of sending this security code via SMS rather than trying to force people to use a poorly designed app (new one locked me out twice gave up on it about a week after it was launched, never had a problem with the old app)

Read here a few months ago that they'd send out a PSK device by default to people who weren't using the app now it seems that it is just to people who have never used the app, even if you haven't used it in months or years but have continued to use online banking.

This is an absolute pain in the hole. Nothing new from BoI. :rolleyes:
    Hi RacoonQueen,

We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience using 365. If you link in with our colleagues on 0818200362, one of our colleagues can revoke your app access and order you out a PSK. We appreciate your feedback on this and will absolutely share this with our development team.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Why oh why, do I need to swipe to approve a payment on my app after making a payment on my app??

I have to login to my app with my user ID and PIN, then to approve the payment I need to put my PIN again and then I need to swipe to approve?? It make no fecking sense whatsoever. Just remove all these extra steps when they make no sense. 

What is the improved security to swipe on an app when I am already logged in to the app to make the payment from the app

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

I tried to use the psk today, I validated it, then went to log in using it.  When logging in it asked me to enter the 4 digit pin i had created at verification, there had been no step at verification to create a pin.

Has anybody tested your new system to check if it works before it was forced upon your customers?

GL scrappy wrote: »
    I tried to use the psk today, I validated it, then went to log in using it.  When logging in it asked me to enter the 4 digit pin i had created at verification, there had been no step at verification to create a pin.

Has anybody tested your new system to check if it works before it was forced upon your customers?
    Hi GL scrappy,

Thanks for checking this with us. Can we ask was there a 4 digit number given on the leaflet that  came with the PSK?
    Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Hi - I used the new site today for 1st time.
    It looks to me like a step backwards for UX compared to the old site. One clear issue I'd point out is the rather long winded login sequence compared to the old site, might be an idea to have the cursor set to the next field rather than leave it to the user to select - that would be a nice basic easy change to implement.
    For the new & improved online banking offering it also appears to be noticeably slower than the old version.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

GL scrappy wrote: »

Hi GL scrappy,

Thanks for checking this with us. Can we ask was there a 4 digit number given on the leaflet that  came with the PSK?
    Thanks,
    Richard
    No, there was no pin given in the leaflet with the psk, that wouldn't be very secure anyway.  At no point in the validation process was i asked to make a new pin.  To validate the psk, I was instructed to enter the last 4 numbers of the serial no., that is not the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Hi all, 

I just want to let you all know we are wasting our time giving any feedback as it is just IGNORED!!

Like many of you I have tried to give reasonable, informative, actual user experience of this unbelievable bad new website in the hope they will listen and amend. 

I have experienced many of the problems others have mentioned but my one big issue is the problem with the "Filter" so I can try to sort my Lodgments from my Credits but I get the following message:  

"There are no filter results for this transaction type"

[font=Open Sans Semibold, sans-serif]This is a VERY basic filter option and it has been confirmed it is either - not working or not switched on, but someone would definitely look into it and get back. If I can't trust this basic function why should I trust anything on the site.[/font]

I have called and spoke to a manger(?) who said she would address with the team and would call me back - No call

I have addressed it here and I was asked to submit my email and phone number and someone would call me back - No call

[font=Open Sans Semibold, sans-serif]What is the point??? Did someone actually get paid to develop this pile of rubbish??? Are the team actually listening as there is zero evidence.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

PS - If anyone is looking for a PSK, I got 2 in the post - unrequested !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Little A,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured our customers feedback is very important to us. Please be assured all feedback is relayed, however, if you wish to make a formal complaint you certainly can do so by following the link below.

Thanks, Aisling

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Last night was a chore on desktop to login and Awaiting the Swipe message and message on phone reading multiple attempts to gain entry into your account, yes GUESS what i could not enter and finally i did.
      Thinking i might have to stop and finish up with BOI bad service and still getting logged out with not enough time awaiting the SWIPE message. 

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭john123470

greasepalm wrote: »
    Last night was a chore on desktop to login and Awaiting the Swipe message and message on phone reading multiple attempts to gain entry into your account, yes GUESS what i could not enter and finally i did.
      Thinking i might have to stop and finish up with BOI bad service and still getting logged out with not enough time awaiting the SWIPE message. 
    Same problems here. I think banks - esp BOI - are cutting corners to scrimp and save. They will buy a 2nd, 3rd hand set up to save cash, regardless of the problems it will cause their customers ..  These are  banks after all, not charities. 

Not first time BOI have been caught misbehaving. They seem to be in the news every other week

Easiest solution here is to take your money and walk.  There are several other banks that respect customer enough to allow them to access their accounts easily.

This is BOI giving the middle finger to the customer. Just move to another bank - problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marty984

Hi, I've just changed mobile providers and got a new phone, kept the same number and transfered everything from old phone. Tried registering new device and got a text saying bank having trouble registering my number. Rang number provided and operator said some Japanese phones were an issue? I couldn't wait on hold any longer but has anyone any info on this? I will have to change banks if I cannot access my accountsðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    What if someone doesn't want to use a phone or tablet?
    Provided you have never used the phone app you can get a Personal Security Key https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/ ;
    I don't want to do my banking on a phone or tablet.  I want to do it on my desktop computer just as I always have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I have explained to Boi that due to my disability I cannot use a smart phone or tablet and the solution was to get me to ring a help line to access my account. 

Hmm what part of I cannot use a phone is difficult to understand? 

Boi how do I close my account as I'd rather bank with someone that does not discriminate? 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I try and do banking on the big screen via desktop and hope and pray phone gets the swipe message .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

In a way I am relieved that I am not alone in this debacle but saddened that a Banking organisation will or are allowed to develop a system that is so poorly designed it borders on the amateurish.  And now hearing that the PSK method is just as bad fills me with dread. 

It should not be an exercise in agony to log on to ones bank, check balances, xfr money etc.

I tried last night and ended up logged in on desktop and phone!!  Surely this cant be right.

And the normal method that was available has been closed down.  i know BOI outsourced the IT department this must be their way of getting revenge.  

The swipe does not work for me.

Can COMREG  do anything?

How do I request PSK again, as i did it aleady and have heard nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Reading on here & the recent reviews on the play store of the 365 app, the reviews are horrific.

Who did BOI engage to implement/upgrade and roll out the app?

Advertisement