Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ok, I have figured out how to use my laptop. I had been going on to the laptop and going to the phone from there. This time I

Opened the app on my phone
    Entered the sign up info requested
    Opened BoI on my laptop,
    Did all the sign in stuff there
    The site opened on my laptop and I was able to use it.

Could you not just tell us this was the way to approach it? It is not necessarily obvious to users that you have to have the app already opened and signed in before trying to open on the website. Whereas you know and just didn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

So I got cut off yesterday from access to the old site - that's grand though as I got a letter today in the post notifying me to register my phone or I would be cut off.
    2 hours yesterday on hold trying to get through to the given number, 1 hour so far today with no luck so I have no access to my accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

So I got cut off yesterday from access to the old site - that's grand though as I got a letter today in the post notifying me to register my phone or I would be cut off.
    2 hours yesterday on hold trying to get through to the given number, 1 hour so far today with no luck so I have no access to my accounts.
    Just checked there now and original.365online.com (the old site) is still working for me.

Edit> Accessed from a Windows 10 desktop PC using Chrome.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I was trying to log into the new site and it has changed slightly with added help guides to follow if stuck.
      Still not going straight in and waiting for my swipe notification for the second time.
    Windows 10 and Opera

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Another 20 minutes, this time somebody asked for my account number then transferred me to a pre-recorded message that apologised that they were too busy at the moment and terminated the call. This is more like dealing with Eir than dealing with a bank.

• Advertisement

Maybe send a pm to the reps here with your details to check for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

looksee wrote: »
    Ok, I have figured out how to use my laptop. I had been going on to the laptop and going to the phone from there. This time I

Opened BoI on my laptop,

Could you not just tell us this was the way to approach it? It is not necessarily obvious to users that you have to have the app already opened and signed in before trying to open on the website. Whereas you know and just didn't say.
    Hi looksee 

Glad to hear you have successfully logged in on the browser. 

Just to add, if you login to browser first, with the User ID etc. you will then be greeted with the option to select the security device you wish the notification to go to. Once you have selected device, press continue, the notification will show up on the selected device for you. Swipe right to approve.  Go back to browser and it will open for you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison 

Another 20 minutes, this time somebody asked for my account number then transferred me to a pre-recorded message that apologised that they were too busy at the moment and terminated the call. This is more like dealing with Eir than dealing with a bank.
    Hi There, 

So sorry, the Team are receiving a high volume of calls, apologies for your experience today and yesterday. 

We've checked and there is a 10 minute wait on the line at the moment if that helps. 

Understand the journey so far has been frustrating and time consuming for you. 

I'm afraid the work the Advisor needs to complete can only be fulfilled on an inbound call to the Team on 0818200362. Team are available today until 5pm. 

We will pass on your posts to the Team.

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

On the new website or app, where does "available funds" appear now, as I need to distinguish between my total balance and available funds (ie check clearing still)

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

On the new website or app, where does "available funds" appear now, as I need to distinguish between my total balance and available funds (ie check clearing still)
    Hi There 

Thanks for checking in with us. 

When logged into the site or App, if you first click the account you wish to check, it will bring you into your transactions and above the transactions it will display for you, first the balance and underneath the available balance. 

Hoping the info helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Opened BoI on my laptop,

Hi looksee 

Just to add, if you login to browser first, with the User ID etc. you will then be greeted with the option to select the security device you wish the notification to go to. Once you have selected device, press continue, the notification will show up on the selected device for you. Swipe right to approve.  Go back to browser and it will open for you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison 
    Thank you for your answer, but that is what I had been doing and it did not work. Why do you keep repeating it? It does not work.

It does not matter on mine whether the app on phone is on or off as it sometimes fails to connect and get notification to swipe.
     Losing count of how failed times its failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi looksee 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison 
    Thank you for your answer, but that is what I had been doing and it did not work. Why do you keep repeating it? It does not work.
    Hi looksee,

We're sorry to hear this is not working as it should for you and we'd like to resolve this. You shouldn't need to log on to the mobile app first to access your account on desktop.

When logging on through desktop you should be asked to:
    Enter your User ID and date of birth. 
    Then three random digits from your 365 PIN. 
    After this you should be requested to select a security device. 

Can you please let us know if you are receiving a notification on your device at this stage? If not, can you please check your phone settings to ensure you have allowed BOI Mobile to send notifications? 

If you'd prefer to go through this on private message, please click here.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi There 

Thanks for checking in with us. 

When logged into the site or App, if you first click the account you wish to check, it will bring you into your transactions and above the transactions it will display for you, first the balance and underneath the available balance. 

Hoping the info helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison, I did as you instructed, however on both the app and webpage above transactions there is only one number with an i next to it, I click the i and this is what it reads, 
    " Most up-to-date balance including today's and any in-progress transactions and is subject to clearance of any uncleared cheques lodged recently."

Are you sure there are 2 numbers, because Im only seeing one.

[font=Open Sans Regular, sans-serif] [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Alison, I did as you instructed, however on both the app and webpage above transactions there is only one number with an i next to it, I click the i and this is what it reads, 
    " Most up-to-date balance including today's and any in-progress transactions and is subject to clearance of any uncleared cheques lodged recently."

Hi Keno-daytrader,

An 'Available Balance' will only display if the overall balance contains uncleared funds or if there is an overdraft permission on the account. If you are only seeing one balance this would indicate that the full balance is available.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Keno-daytrader,

An 'Available Balance' will only display if the overall balance contains uncleared funds or if there is an overdraft permission on the account. If you are only seeing one balance this would indicate that the full balance is available.

Thanks
    Tara
    Many thanks Tara, that makes it clear. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    What if someone doesn't want to use a phone or tablet?

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    What if someone doesn't want to use a phone or tablet?
    Provided you have never used the phone app you can get a Personal Security Key https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/ ;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Hi,
    Is there a way to email an order for a PSK? as I don't have the time (or patience) to wait on the phone! No one ever seems to answer.

I logged in on the old site a few days ago and sent a request on the messaging system but I don't know if it's being processed or not. Now I notice the old site isn't available, it should have been left up til everyone had a PSK really.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

What is wrong with just texting a numeric code to a mobile number?

• Advertisement

larchill wrote: »
    What is wrong with just texting a numeric code to a mobile number?
    Probably not cool enough for some executives who didn't have a clue about how their customers actually use their accounts. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Up Donegal,

For customers who don’t use a smartphone or tablet a Physical Security Key (PSK) will be provided. This is a small handheld device which can be registered on your profile as a security device. PSKs are available to order via the 365 log in. You can find more information on how the PSK will work on the link here: https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Fionn wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there a way to email an order for a PSK? as I don't have the time (or patience) to wait on the phone! No one ever seems to answer.

I logged in on the old site a few days ago and sent a request on the messaging system but I don't know if it's being processed or not. Now I notice the old site isn't available, it should have been left up til everyone had a PSK really.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi Fionn,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. We're sorry to hear you have not heard back about your PSK order. Can we ask was this requested when logging in, or by using the service desk > "Ask a Question" option?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I just checked that out myself. As ilovetorun states you can't export monthly statements into Excel.

On the OLD SYSTEM you can still download statements into a CSV format which import perfectly int Excel - just tried it to check.

Therefore this is yet another instance of the new system being worse than the old one. 

Exactly, you can only export by pdf which is no good to me. The old system was much more user friendly.
    The old system still works till the end of the month if you have any that need doing - original.365online.com 
    Old website is now also gone already

Poncke wrote: »
    ilovetorun wrote: »
    I just checked that out myself. As ilovetorun states you can't export monthly statements into Excel.

On the OLD SYSTEM you can still download statements into a CSV format which import perfectly int Excel - just tried it to check.

Therefore this is yet another instance of the new system being worse than the old one. 

Exactly, you can only export by pdf which is no good to me. The old system was much more user friendly.
    The old system still works till the end of the month if you have any that need doing - original.365online.com 
    Old website is now also gone already
    Yeah I know its finally gone think it went on the 29th

Login steps old vs. new website

Old website:
    1.    Type User ID
    2.    Type mobile/birthday
    3.    Click continue
    4.    Type PIN
    5.    Click continue

New website:
    1.    Click field
    2.    Type User ID
    3.    Click field
    4.    Type mobile/birthday
    5.    Click continue
    6.    Click field
    7.    Type PIN
    8.    Click continue
    9.    Choose 2nd device
    10.  Click continue
    11.  Unlock 2nd device
    12. Wait for app
    13.  Swipe app

Terrible, you can at least remove 4 steps from those 13 if there were some smart thinking at BOI. You can remove step 1, 3 and 6 by pre-placing the cursor. And you can remove step 9 by adding an the option to save the preferred choice for the 2nd device. 

Login steps old vs. new website

Old website:
    1.    Type User ID
    2.    Type mobile/birthday
    3.    Click continue
    4.    Type PIN
    5.    Click continue

New website:
    1.    Click field
    2.    Type User ID
    3.    Click field
    4.    Type mobile/birthday
    5.    Click continue
    6.    Click field
    7.    Type PIN
    8.    Click continue
    9.    Choose 2nd device
    10.  Click continue
    11.  Wait for app
    12.  Swipe app

Terrible, you can at least remove 4 steps from those 12 if there were some smart thinking at BOI. You can remove step 1, 3 and 6 by pre-placing the cursor. And you can remove step 9 by adding an the option to save the preferred choice for the 2nd device. 
    TAB is your friend if you are on a computer with a real keyboard.

"TAB is your friend if you are on a computer with a real keyboard."

I still need to click TAB, and why should I come up with workarounds for a billion dollar bank who cannot code a few simple steps on a website

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joejoe333

I still need to click TAB, and why should I come up with workarounds for a billion dollar bank who cannot code a few simple steps on a website
    Your just making it sound worse than it really is, 

The Bank had to remove the old site because of EU laws switching and the end of March is the deadline 

• Advertisement

joejoe333 wrote: »

Your just making it sound worse than it really is, 

The Bank had to remove the old site because of EU laws switching and the end of March is the deadline 
    But that still doesn't mean that can't make the new one easy to use. It really is 30 seconds of coding to make it more user friendly. 

The issue is something that should have been picked up in (what) testing. 

Advertisement