Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jim Cornette Meltdown Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

montyrebel wrote: »
    and blocked by wee Jim, all i said in response to a tweet yesterday was "just like your wife, she loves being touched by wrestlers i have heard" in response to this tweet, https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1375842681520275461

So you tried to embarrass a man's wife who you've never met because you don't like a character he plays?

You're not the hero in this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,347 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

thats funny

What’s remotely funny about what you said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

and blocked by wee Jim, all i said in response to a tweet yesterday was "just like your wife, she loves being touched by wrestlers i have heard" in response to this tweet, https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1375842681520275461

EDk0WjyW4AEMucJ.jpg

I mean talk about misreading the room, thinking you'd get a pat on the back, a job well done by posting such an edgy badass response to a tweet? This didn't turn out however you expected.

Embarrassed for ya lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I actually like listening to Jim, but then my knowledge wouldn't be the greatest so I've no idea if he's talking ****e or talking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Wow. I know this thread is mostly negative towards Cornette but where did this come from?

This reminds me of that infamous James Dean story where he showed up to a party and, as he was walking in the door, the people inside started making orgy noises as a joke. But Dean, upon hearing the sex sounds, immediately whipped out his lad and started pulling himself off, much to the shock of the party goers.

As someone said above, talk about misreading the room.

I wouldn't mind but Cornette wears his block list as a badge of honour.

Unsurprising who the one and only 'thank' is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I wouldn't mind but Cornette wears his block list as a badge of honour.

Unsurprising who the one and only 'thank' is from.

Ohh I think that might be me...

I popped. Dude's a creep.

Dude's a creep.

Who...

Me, you or Cornette?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Who...

Me, you or Cornette?

Oh Cornette. I don't know anything about you and I know I'm not a creep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oh Cornette. I don't know anything about you and I know I'm not a creep.

But dude, yeah Cornette is probably a cunty dude at the end of the day, and he may deserve everything he gets (because he seeks it out), but yeah best thing to do is ignore him rather than push more hate out into the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Cornette is losing his mind over Meltzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsPWG7bcc9A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

60k views in less than 24 hours that's about $300 he made from that video not bad bad going for a rant, Corny the ultimate shill and knows out to make money out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

Lads, he has never had a melt down.

He has been consistent in his views and expressed the logic behind them. If you dont agree with that logic then thats all good. Doesnt mean he is melting down. Wrestling is subjective, he likes good, consistent and well thought out storylines. That is absent in all mainstream wrestling in 2021. So of course, he will never enjoy aew or wwe.

If you do, then continue to do so. But because someone disagrees, it doesnt mean he is melting down. In the last 14 months, meltzer has had to issue more apologies than cornette.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I find myself nodding along with Jim more often than not so it's not his opinions that led to me creating this thread, more when he loses the run of himself and starts calling people pedophiles and being xenophobic.

It's the weird moments where, amidst saying something completely reasonable, he calls someone like Penelope a slapper. That's the problem and "meltdown" I refer to.

To be fair to him though I think since the Penelope thing he's reigned himself in. Even with the Bowens rap he was half in support/half against it so he seems to be trying harder not to be a clown with his outbursts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To claim there is no good consistent storylines in AEW is just inaccurate regardless of your view of Jim Cornette.

I like Jim. Like Eamon Dunphy, I dont always agree with him but I find him entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

OF course speaking in generalities is not a good idea...... But if you look at most of the characters, non have been introduced to a casual audience ... Why does the fella put his hands in his pocket.....why is he called jungle boy..... why do the young bucks steal absolutely everything from hbk during his drug years...... These are all parts of the problem. No intro to a new audience.

But JC has been clear on his problems with aew, hardly a melt down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,347 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

well this week we may get a all time classic meltdown which isn’t related to wrestling, because Jim cornette has been saying for weeks that he had a new website coming and it was going better than the last one and all that. He was giving it the big push, and dared the listeners to try and crash it. Well today was the day and it lasted less than a minute before it went down and is still not fully up. This could make the Russo rants and Tim Horner pale in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,224 ✭✭✭✭briany

Love me some Jim Cornette. I always find his rants entertaining. He's never stuck for a word. As well as that, his knowledge of American wrestling is positively encyclopaedic. Wrestling, in general, at least up to a certain year. Also, his butchering of CM Punk's theme song has been hilarious. It started with just a quick off-key rendition of the first few lines, and has now devolved into "The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese".

Advertisement